Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

ISFL affiliate

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

I think the rookies have a very good opportunity to be joining the Wolfpack this season for a couple of reasons. The first one would be to be joining the reigning champions of the SHL. There is always that extra motivation and jump in your step when you join the champions and there is that feeling of accomplishment throughout the whole season. But, the most important, would be the fact that the Wolfpack are aging. Whether my teammates like to admit it or not, we have an old squad and it is now the best time for the youngsters to come in and take their place, in a respectful way. There will be icetime on the top units, there will be times to take advantage of this aging squad, and there is the best chance for learning and growing with past champions and veterans of the league. The Wolfpack have been to the finals a lot in the 70s decade and they have won a couple of times, who else would you rather have as leaders and mentors to the rookies.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

For me, it still feels like I am the rookie. Although it’s my fourth season, it is my first time in the SHL. Everyone that comes into the locker room likely has more experience than me. MattyJ is learning more from the rookies than he can teach them. 

As far as on the ice play, MattyJ is a lead by example type. He is someone that always goes 100% on defense and the forecheck to show that everyone should do it. He also likes to stay out of the rookies ways. They have so much potential and growth that they can achieve on their own. He is happy to give any advice, but will not stay in the way of them. They will all achieve great things in the league he believes. 

All our rookies have been great additions to our team and MattyJ welcomes them with open arms. Just being excited and happy they are there makes it a better team for them to join.

[Image: mattyj.png]

Option 1

As Kevin Kim is entering his early prime stages of his career, when new rookies enter the Minnesota Monarchs, Kevin is well open to teach them some tips. Since Kevin Kim is a center, his knowledge with forwards is exceptional. In practice he usually teaches his teammates how to efficiently pass without losing the puck to the opposing team, by doing this, his forwards gets confidence and a boost in their overall skills. Telling your style of shooting to any kind of player rookie or not would be a very good help even if their in the top of the leagues. In addition to all of the offensive advice, Kevin also demonstrates how the mentality of the player is most important. For instance, if a player had a bad mentality their overall locker presence and their game on their ice would be lowered significantly. Being positive is what always matters. Also Kevin tells the players that Hockey is not a one man game, it is a sport that includes everyone, hockey will always be we not I even if your the top player.

[Image: hbtB38x.png][Image: Screenshot_2024-07-25_171622.png?ex=66a4...56461ae57&]
                               Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic and Jaypc8237 for the sigs!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Okay I would normally do this in character if I were confident that I could get all the names right, but I am doing this at the last minute on next to no sleep so you are going to have to settle for me meta answering this question.

There are two key individuals here I would have to shout out in Corey and Jess. Only pseudo meta, but Corey is the one who convinced me ultimately to join the SHL even though he is not listed as my recruiter as I had promised the recruitment bonus to Blasoon before being convinced by Corey. He is also the one who helped me with my initial build and helped once I joined the SHL so I have to give a lot of the credit for me being here and still being here to Corey.

That said Jess being one of the people to convince me to join the Battleborn and being one of the most important people on the Battleborn in regards to guiding Dave's development and keeping me invested enough to develop his talents deserves a boatload of credit as well for Dave and I still being around.

I would not actually go out of my way to bother them with a question about my player just for a point task, but at a guess I imagine they both would say he was worth the effort that they put in to help his development. Might just be wishful thinking on my end, however based on past conversations I do not think it is overly wishful if at all. Thank you for your time.

Code:
Word Count: 272

Code:
Written Option 2: Your player has agreed to take part in a short documentary that highlights their career so far. For starters they want to go back to interview people who have helped at the beginning of your players career. Who were the people who first saw your players potential and helped them to take the next steps? What do they have to say about your player?

When Derek came into the league as a fresh-faced 4 season J vet with a chip on his shoulder, he was fortunate enough to have some LAP legends, giants on who's shoulders he could stand on, lean against and learn the ropes of the league from. To name but a few, Long John Donair @GCool, Yannick Svoboda @Whitecap and Jimmy Wagner @sve7en. They were amazing in their time, the trio being there on the Los Angeles cup winning team of Season 65. Great players on the ice, amazing humans, a big reason Derek would be made captain ahead of the S72 season. Despite these immense figures, he was able to form a rapidly growing connection with some teammates with whom he won the cup during Season 75 and who have been there since day one, most notably Adam Prpich @Rich, Axel Kirby @"Otrebor13'', Reed Kobo @Toivo, Nathan Meagher @Atox and resident wall between the posts Grzegorz @Zerg. Its been a career altering trajectory for Derek to have been fortunate enough to grow alongside these now LAP legends, and truly a team effort with everyone else who've come along the way, but the day ones obviously hold a special place in his heart.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

Option 2

Henri Losanov was a forward until the age of 11. The person who happened to have the biggest influence in his career would be Didier Mongeau, just a dad coaching his team son which Henri was part of. After all, he's the one who suggested at such a huge size he should try to be a goalie. Henri was never a great skater so such a switch pretty much gave him a hockey career. Well it came from someone who barely knows the sport, but still the most influential coach. Losanov showed some promise and moved to Switzerland as France aint the greatest country to develop young hockey talent. This is where he met Olaf Naslund, his goalie coach from age 14 to 16. The man could see the natural talent but Henri was so raw. He's the one who improved his game the most getting him ready for the SMJHL. And the rest is yet to come.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Now that Ubba has reached his 3rd year in the Simulation Hockey League, he's starting to see some new players join in under him. You'd think that the naturally large forward would be apprehensive towards the new yutes coming in and trying to earn their spots on the team. However, he has a great lean towards mentorship, and really knows who they should avoid being mentored by on the team. He doesn't want to call out any names, but anyone who dressed up in a Gnome outfit during their off time should probably be avoided. Likewise, he'll point players in the right direction if they have the right leanings. So, a kid comes in and really likes the italian food, he's sending them over to Tony Soprano to make sure they get their fair share of the gabagool. Ultimatelty though, UBba wants to see the time thrive and be the best they can, so if he sees injustice, he's like batman, he puts on a low gravely voice and smacks people around.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Well, my player, Inge Baardsen, *is* the rookie in the Baltimore Platoon locker room this season! He’s definitely very lucky that the Platoon have a lot of very helpful experienced guys, and one of Baardsen’s linemates actually just made the step up last season, so is doing his best to help Inge’s transition from Juniors to the big leagues as seamless as possible. Then you add in genuine superstar players like Valieva and Bergmark, all of whom are more than happy to help, stay back after practice and show him that shooting thing or how to handle the puck better in certain situations. Legendary goaltenders as well help with shooting practice and revealing the secrets of good goaltenders! Being on a team with helpful experienced players makes such a difference to a young players development and Inge is lucky enough to have landed somewhere with exactly that! And he hopes to return the favour in a few seasons with new rookies!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Written Option 2: Your player has agreed to take part in a short documentary that highlights their career so far. For starters they want to go back to interview people who have helped at the beginning of your players career. Who were the people who first saw your players potential and helped them to take the next steps? What do they have to say about your player?

As the interview crew arrives at Teemu Salami's high rise apartment, the right winger is just finishing up his daily snack of cheese, crackers, and you guessed it, salami. A hazy IPA can can be seen in the corner, which Salami quickly grabs and tosses in the trash about 20-feet away, yelling "Kobe!" Like he does on the ice, he misses. The Toronto North Stars forward is puzzled why TSN decided to interview him of all people, but he happily answers their questions one by one. Taking it back to his time in Detroit, he gives thanks to all his coaches and teammates along the way. Salami suffers from memory loss, but two seemed to stick out, @Aephino and @DigDoug11. The Falcons took a chance on the overweight forward in the third round and it seemed to pay off, as he helped the team win a Cup in his rookie season. Without the guidance from everyone on that team, however, Salmi wouldn't be where he is today. They helped mold him into the first round pick he ended up becoming, and Salami is grateful for his four seasons in the city of Detroit.

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

[Image: IMG-0421.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2024, 02:06 PM by CrazyMojito. Edited 1 time in total.)

OPTION 2

I have to say, Jack St. Clair's career has been a lot more interesting than my last players career. For starters it, has chapters to it which Sutton's did not. So it comes as no surprise that someone has asked to do a short documentary on his career so far. There's been heartbreak finals, championships, and everything in-between. Even a surprising trade or two. Before all that though, you have to go all the way back to the end of S65 and the J GM's started reaching to draftees. I had some really good talks and thought I was heading back to Maine, but Evok swooped in like a graceful owl and QCC picked up 6th overall. The GM's and scouts were already a little familiar with me and it was them that saw my potential. They brought me into the LR and really helped me develop my player into who he is today. In my documentary I know they'd talk about how happy they are with my player in his four seasons there and excited for his success at the SHL level.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada 

Written option 1:

NoNo Jo is always happy to see new faces join the team. Bright shining faces, pretty faces, faces missing teeth. Faces that are human, faces that are animals, faces that are giant babies. Any faces, any renders, they’re all welcome. Any faces are a joy to have on the Whalers. NoNo Jo always greets them with a bouquet of flowers that he picked himself from his backyard garden. He wants them to achieve great things and specifically help the Whalers win so of course he is going to take them under their wing and help these little baby hockey players. Giving them the best tips letting them in on the best people to sharpen the skates and fit them for sticks. These little tips that really make them feel welcome and part of the team and will make them succeed Unless their jerky faces in which case NoNo Jo will completely ignore them.

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]

Being new to the SHL can be super challenging. I remember my first season, well no actually, now that I think about it I can’t remember it at all. It was literally forever ago. But, whenever we have new teammates, I really enjoy the opportunity to celebrate their first few milestones when they get into the league. For example, we have two new rookies in Chicago in Bamford and Wizard. It has been super exciting to keep an eye on their performance and celebrate both as they have notched their first SHL points and goals (and in Bamford’s case, fight). When I was coming into the SHL this go around, we didn’t have a ton of roster talent like I’ve grown used to in Chicago. But it was great to have Dave, Ryu and Mina around. The Chicago greats being there when I first showed up definitely gave me the confidence that I needed to step into the league as a rookie. I hope we can continue to do the same for our rookies for the foreseeable future.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

Jacppo Nummilavin is not a very loud voice in the Maine Timber Locker Room. He has always been the kind of player that believes his actions will speak louder than the words he tries to tell the team. Because of these reasons he has never been a players to seek out younger players that might be in need of mentoring. He has always tried to let that kind of relationship develop naturally and wants to make sure that the first thing any new players on the team notice is his work ethic. He has found over the years that kind of approach helps to draw players to him without the need for him to seek out the younger players himself. He will never turn away any player looking for mentoring or guidance and prides himself in his ability to show rookies how to play the game in what he feels is the right way. This season he has especially loved working with the young defender Lucas Snyder.

Code:
167 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]