Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written option 1 (152 words):

Volta helps a lot the new rookies that are coming in the league. In fact, since he’s now a veteran and an experienced player, he knows how the J league works. So, what Volta does is he talks to the rookies one by one to ask how they are feeling right now with the J league and how intense they think the league is. If the rookies struggle, well Volta helps them to find what’s wrong with the missing part of their play, physicality, etc. Volta loves to take new players under his wing. In fact, when he was a rookie, he was well enrolling into his team that made his success at his first season. Now that he’s a veteran, he wants to give it back to the new ones coming each offseason. Trainings, socializing and having fun is one of the main keys that makes this league special for everyone.

[Image: sam-volta-sig-0901.png]

Option 1:

Since Matiss is a veteran on the team he tends to take new players under his wings to show them the ropes of how to be a professional in the SHL. He likes to talk to the rookies about how to experience being a professional athlete especially with media days, being out around town and meeting fans and handling the pressure of being a professional athlete. anything that he can do to help our new incoming teammates Matiss is willing to do. Matiss always tries to leave a mark whether that be on the ice or off the ice. If one way to leave his mark on someone else to help out the rookies manage themselves throughout their first year to be able to understand what things to expect, and how to go about certain situations that they would come across. There can be a lot to think about Andrew coming up into the professional sports world and if Matisse is able to help out somebody in anyway, he is willing to do it.

The first person who ever saw Rasmus' true potential was the lunch lady at school - she realized that he was a high energy kid with a drive to succeed, she really didn't understand what hockey was, but she figured that giving him some extra carbs by loading up an extra slice of bread and some potatoes onto his plate couldn't do nothing but help him along his way. The next person who saw his true potential was the nice old lady who lived in the house behind the hockey rink - not because she did any kind of positive action that influenced him, but simply because whenever Rasmus would be out there ripping clap bombs, she'd be yelling at him to quiet down. When he'd rip one off the cross bar and it'd ricochet off her back door, she'd come yelling again. I think a small part of her realized that for a kid to be getting a puck that loud and that far - he's gotta be something special in the making.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Writing prompt 2: 

In my documentary Marian has began his career when Spartangibbles aka the Great falls Grizzlies GM drafted Marian HANAK in the third round 45th overall. In his first season Marian was a decent third liner with 12 goals 23 assists and 35 points. And in that offseason Gibbles and the Monarchs GM Eddiesnothere decided to draft me in the second round 39th overall as one of the top draft prospects they have. In my second season in the j as a first liner I had 15 goals 32 assists and 47 points and in 6 playoff games I had 6 points. Beginning in the third season in the j I have big expectations on me for this year, hopefully I can meet those expectations and lead Great Falls alongside teammates Thomas Hudson, AT-AT WOOLKER AND Elvar Gil-Galad can lead Great FALLS back to the finals for the first time in a long time.

[Image: avatar_6228.png?dateline=1722181476]

With every new season new faces join new-to-them teams and on occasion join brand new teams altogether. Kral is helping the next wave of incoming SMJHL players by assisting in the Locker Room and bringing a smiling face to ever situation. King is willing to help anyone that listens but particularly pays most attention to his Czechian countrymen first and foremost. That said the current rookie grouping from Colorado doesn’t feature any of the IIHF’s Bestia federation, Czechia. The best way Kral can teach is by taking the young forwards out on the ice and working with them on offensive positioning and power skating. Playing on the third line in the SMJHL can be easy when also playing against the third line, much like getting chased by a bear you’ve just gotta be faster than the other guys and position yourself in front of the net.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Sim Team head - PT Pass

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Prompt 1

Julian has always been a social person, willing to help out any of his teammates whenever they need it. So when the new rookies join at the start of each season, Julian is usually one of the first to reach out and welcome them to the team. After all, helping them fit in will help them succeed in the organisation. And thats good for everyone in and around the team.

Julian knows how important it is for new guys to have someone to show them around and make sure they're familiair with the team's habits and culture. He had a few great teammates in Detroit (and later in Minnesota) who helped him fit in when he joined as a young Swiss kid. And now that he's one of the experienced veterans in the Monarchs team, Julian is more than happy to pay it forward and help the new kids find their way around the Minnesota franchise.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Prompt 2

One of the most significant people to have saw the shine that was the gem of Minamino's potential would be the combination of @FuzzSHL and @KlusteR. The former being the friendly veteran of the league who had reached out and helped a long a young and incredibly confused rookie, trying to make sense of all the new rules and navigations as part of finding the SMJHL. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that without that kindness and effort in trying to at least reach out, it could have been that Minamino would have simply been forgotten and lost. Was it simply that there was some sense of the eagerness of the player that warranted, or simply a measure of the man who was just that interested in finding both talent and character?

On draft day itself, in one of the later rounds, Kluster working as a scout for the Newfoundland Berserkers simply noticed that this young rookie was wandering around trying to find the draft event. Some might call it chance, it ended up being destiny.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

It has been a little while since I was a rookie, but I remember the importance of a veteran showing me the ropes of how to be a professional hockey player. It is much more than just playing well, it is about how you continue to grow and succeed as a person. I tend to give all the new rookies a bit of help, and if one of them seems to gravitate more towards me, I will help guide them through their first year or however long they need help adjusting. Most tend to find their spot pretty quick, but it is always good to be close by to smack them back in line if need be. I mean, if they managed to get this far in their career, they should at least mostly have it figured out. Play well, practice hard, and don't wake me up when I am napping on the plane. That will pretty much get you through the season.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Lasse Zeigler is the new face in Toronto after being traded in the offseason there to persue a General Manager job there along with Mcgriddleluver. It took him some time to adapt to the team, get to know everybody, and get comfortable with all of the new faces. But he has stepped into that team role model role along with Toronto’s captains to help the rookies adjust to the new game they are now a part of. Overall, it has been a Great change, Toronto, bought a new house to get his whole family adjusted, and its been great. Toronto as a whole has been great, we are 8th in the league, with 10 wins and 6 losses, a respectable record for a team that has not been great in the past, maybe bringing Zeigler on board was the key factor get this team to a competitive stage, and maybe a cup contending team! Only time will tell, and for jow on, let Toronto keep rolling!

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]

Written Option 2:

Probably Darnell's dad, the first Darnell Johnson. Given that he was also an SHL player, he'd probably have been the one putting Darnell II in skates in the first place and helping him along. I'd like to think that some of the NOLA guys like Joe K were probably around back then too, maybe even giving Mo some pointers here and there. Now that Darnell gets to play on the same team as his dad, it's probably the case that some of the scouts and coaches at NOLA had an inside scoop for how he was developing. I think that Darnell's parents would be very proud of him making it to the SHL. His coaches along the way, and some of the players that his dad played and worked with at NOLA would probably so it was kind of a foregone conclusion, but hopefully they'd be proud of him nonetheless.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Pt pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Option 1

I love it when training camp starts and all these new rookies and tryouts are trying to get a spot on the team. They are giving it all in a span of a few days to be part of something amazing. As I am not obligated to participate in team training camp I do love to be there and help these guys. I give them tips and pointers or some general feedback on their game. I like to be a mentor to these young kids and help them progress and get better. I have a ton of experience and at some point I will be calling it quits so it is a good thing to pass on my knowledge to the newer generation hockey players that will some day lift the cup with Tampa Bay. And I take pride in the fact that these guys got there with a little help from me.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Red Kirkby is a senior statesman on the Philadelphia Forge these days. His career is on the wane and even though it feels like just yesterday that he was called up and made his debut for the team the reality is that he is getting old and has to face the transition from star player to mentor. Much like all around good guy Chris Tanev, Red makes sure that when the rookies join the team he is there to take them out for dinner or to make one of his spare rooms available for them to stay in if they do not have a house in Philadelphia yet. Anything that will ease their transition into the big league is good for Red because he is no longer able to be the driving force on the ice and he would very much like to win at least one more cup before he retires in the next couple of seasons.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Option 2

Bas O'Bigbers Jr. has only just completed their rookie season in the SMJHL. There isn't much of a career to really go back and highlight in a documentary so far. Still if one was made it would probably go back to when Bas Jr. was playing junior hockey in Ireland. Born in S60 in Boston, MA while his Dad was playing for the New England Wolfpack, Bas moved with his family back to Swords in S63 after his dad's career proved to be a little hectic. So he grew up in Swords, Ireland playing for the same junior teams that his dad grew up playing for. A big part of the documentary would probably be the video highlights from a tournament in S70 in a Triple A Junior tournament in Ireland. It was notable because Bas scored 15 goals in 8 games and he got to play on a team coached by his dad. Then probably the other big highlight would be when Bas won the Irish Junior National Championship with Swords Junior HC in S75. The first in 20 years for Swords Junior HC when his dad played for that very team.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]