Create Account

S78 mPT #3: Tune In Due: Sunday, September 1st @ 11:59 PM PST

I don't listen to as many as I used to. I listened to The Big Slappy Hour a bunch in the past. The best part about Slappy and Bonk is that they seem like they'd be a fun hang. Hockey Talk Tonight was excellent, and had an interesting cast with usually pretty varied takes on things. Ohtaay's new podcast was a good listen. It is a short and sweet listen, and he has a nice voice for it.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

I've listened to Rich and Luke, Troy and Seany's and the Oats pod. In the pods I enjoy the conversations about the users. I think SHL talk itself is fine, but there's a lot of great users out there that maybe don't get recognized and seeing/hearing their name brought up gives them some of that recognition.

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

I haven't listened to any full ones, but I have asked questions and listened to their answers. At this point in my shl career I'm lucky to check discord every day, I don't see myself taking up listening to podcasts.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

The two mainstays that I've tried to keep up with were always Hockey Talk Tonight and the Rich & Luke podcasts.  Between both of those, at least in my opinion, you could get a pretty good pulse on all things SHL.  I thought about doing a podcast once while I was still a goalie called "Tales from the Crease".  It may still happen, I just need to find time for it.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

I used to be on the San Francisco one when they had one and I would always listen back to see what Toast cut out of it.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I have not listened to a podcast yet, but honestly, it is probably only a matter of time until I do because I love listening to podcasts in general since I like having background noise as I work or play games

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2024, 10:47 AM by Eggcracker.)

I've only listened to a handful of podcasts since I've joined the league and overall they have all been great to listen to. Sometimes they mention anecdotes from past seasons and jokes with context that I don't really understand since I haven't been in the community for too long. However, it is still great to hear the stories! Still waiting for the @HabsFanFromOntario podcast to drop though.

71 words.

Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2024, 11:17 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 1 time in total.)

I try to listen to them all. When I first started grading podcasts, the one I fell in love with was The Big Slappy Hour. I loved Hammertime back in the day. I'm looking forward to be the guest to Seany and Troy podcast next month too, and I look forward to Oats' next podcast!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon
Co-GM - Maine Timber

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

The SHL podcast I've listened to most, but not so much anymore recently, is the Rich&Luke postcast. Mostly because Rich and I used to be on the same team (Toronto) back then. I enjoy podcasts if they have good content, but unfortunately that's not always the case, so some podcasts I turn off in the middle if they seem too boring.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Unfortunately, I just dont listen to podcasts. I find myself getting bored without some sort of visual aspect (like Rhett and Link for example). I did manage to get through 1 episode of JRE once, but even then I just couldnt stay focused!

[Image: Sr1Fcwu.png]

I used to listen to most podcasts shortly after joining as I can do so at work on my ear protection headphones. Recently I have been listening to some of the Rich and Luke, I should give all those new people a shot too, but unfortunately the reality is that it is harder to get into a cast if it is centered around team or two (though it is likely good content for people on those teams)

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

I haven't listened to any unfortunately. Right now there are a lot of other things I'm listening to as background noise, but I do love people doing podcasts!

[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]
[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

I have only ever listened in on Hockey Talks Tonight. Loved getting to hear sve7en's thoughts on things. One thing that I think would be awesome to see from a podcast would be an "Around the Horn" style show, or maybe someone giving their picks for the hattricks and primetimes.

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Gotta love Slappy and Bonk, and I used to have podcasts be one of my main media contributions. I wouldn't mind getting back into it, and would recommend an audio book section! lol

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: FThunMn.png]

I've listened to a few, most recently Oat's podcast but haven't went through and listened to every podcast. I listen to most of my podcasts on my phone while at work so listening to a podcast on twitch or youtube is a little hard as I dont want someone walking by and just seeing me on twitch/youtube so I prefer to listen on spotify

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]