Create Account

S78 mPT #3: Tune In Due: Sunday, September 1st @ 11:59 PM PST

I've listened to a couple on YouTube, when I knew my team was going to be discussed. But a) YouTube isn't as convenient for me as a dedicated audio app like Spotify and b) I've been able to do far fewer podcasts this year just bc of lifestyle changes so I really only listen to the few big ones I've followed for years

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Hockey talk tonight I believe was the first SHL podcast that I watched, gave me some insight into happenings around the league and was nice putting faces to names. Nowadays, Rich & Luke podcast is the go to podcast that I listen to.

(43 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: aRCIyeu.png]
[Image: KS8UYv9.png] [Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
Thank you @Stadacona for the Chaewon player sig!

I have never listened to an SHL podcast, but I have listened to ones over in the VHL. If I was more into the SHL and like a certain number, I would be more inclined to do it. Keep up the good work though!

I almost listen to them all while working.
I prefer the ones that people are not alone, but if the person is funny or relevant or ask questions it's easier to follow.
We got some great podcaster!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: 3zad.jpeg]

Mostly all it would take is having extra time put aside to actually listen to the podcasts. The subject matter would ideally be entertaining, but I'd love to listen to pretty much anything SHL-related, time-willing. Anyone have some of that to spare?

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I listen to too many podcasts as is so adding SHL ones doesn’t make sense. I would listen to one if someone had tagged me
In it.

I always liked the Rich and Luke podcast and was featured on the old Wheel Celly Snipe podcast by Makrus and Sven, but it seems like the Seany and friend podcast is going strong too!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

As a grader now I've been listening to almost every podcast that comes out. Not necessarily for the job either, I've just realized how great they are on this site. Before this, I really only watched Rich's podcast as he has been the most consistent throughout the years and I like a lot of the topics he brings up/questions he gets. Back in the day (when I first joined the site in s50's) I would listen to Wasty or JoeK's pod every once in a while. There have also been a lot of one offs I've enjoyed over the years.

Never really listened to them, and i am not sure what would make me listen to them at this point, I do always like to hear about my own players, but you never know if you are mentioned or not. With the league being so big in amount of players, chances are just to slim.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

I love SHL podcasts! I always tune into Rich and Luke but I'm curious to see where Seany and Troy's go! After a couple more episodes I think they'll get more settled in and have a great podcast on their hands. I also really like what Oats is doing. 
Hoping once things settle down I'll be able to take part in some podcasts as well.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

I have listened to many podcasts back when I was a media grader for 2 years. I think there's a pretty large gap in quality, and they're not all for me. Even the good ones can be difficult to get through if they're not talking about your player/team/upcoming draft that you have stake in. I respect the people who do them, even if sometimes it's just rambling for 30 minutes-1 hour+.

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

I dont listen to too many podcasts these days just because I am on my computer all day for work listening to Twitch and other things, so I just dont have time to listen to podcasts

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

I will be honest I rarely if ever listen to SHL podcasts, really any podcasts at all. The only time I will listen to a podcast is normally on a long roadtrip, but it won't be an SHL podcast, I just don't honestly have much of an interest if I am being completely truthful.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: EnHtzQl.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Honestly no I have not. I wish I could more frequently for any leagues podcasts really - but I need to focus during work hours and barely listen to music because of this. Maybe I should try a bit harder because the people here put in good work!

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

I am in the fortunate position as a podcast grader that I get to listen to the SHL podcasts on a regular basis. And I'd have to say that whether you're a long-time member or just starting out, most of them are informative as well as entertaining. Some of the podcasts with two (and sometimes more) hosts have built-in chemistry as they've known each other for some time and the banter is great. 
As a newer member myself, I especially like it when they talk about seasons from yesteryear. You get to hear about old players from current users, the teams the hosts have played for/are playing for, whether it be SHL/SMJHL/IIHF/WJC and past/present drafts among so many other things. It's a great way to learn about the best hockey league(s) in the world and support your fellow users at the same time. They've even inspired me to do my own podcast at some point down the road. 

So, what are you waiting for? Snap into a
slimjim podcast!

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]