Create Account

S78 PT #3: Dress to Impress Due: Sunday, September 1st @ 11:59 PM PST

Quote:Written Option 1: It’s usually commonplace to see hockey athletes in major leagues like the NHL and the PWHL come to game days dressed in formal attire. From full on suit and tie or just a nice fancy fit, the outfits are always full of style. This is the SHL however. Where people of all sorts come together to play in strongest league known to allkind. What does your player wear on gamedays? How do your teammates or media feel about your outfit choices? Does your player follow the tradition of the other leagues? Or do they break the mold and rock something unique every game?

My player, Jae-ik Barron of the Atlanta Inferno, likes to mix things up. That means not sticking to one particular style for game-day attire. Sure, he will sometimes go with the classic suit and tie look, but then other times he dresses:

...like a historical figure. Could be a third century BC chinese general, could be an old-timey 20s news reporter looking for the big scoop, could be a classic French mime. The more ostentatious and eccentric, the better.

… like a contemporary monk. Think Dalai lama. You look at him on those days and think “wow, I didn’t know Shao Lin had a hockey team.” He likes to be particularly stoic on these game days.

… as if he’s straight out of the matrix. Neo’s trench coat, with dark sunglasses and possibly model uzis at his side. Best works while blaring 90s hardstyle techno from the arena entrance’s speakers.

… in nothing at all. This has only happened once, and he promised the judge it will never happen again.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Written Option 1:

Slip McScruff is a creature of habit, emphasis on creature (and second emphasis on habit). He has worn the same outfit to every game for his entire career. It's a pretty simple outfit consisting of an orange flannel, a black t-shirt, blue jeans, and brown boots. During the October games, he is very on brand for the spooky aesthetic. However, the further we get from spooky time, the weirder his outfit gets. During the IIHF games in the summer, he's uncomfortably hot, but refuses to change things up.

He one time had a crisis because he couldn't find his orange flannel before a game. Torn between wearing a different flannel and sitting out the game, he faked sick. Weirdly, this was one of the few games that Montreal won that year but I'm sure that is just a coincidence.

It's a miracle that none of this clothing has worn out over the years, but we are really getting close with the underwear. Oh yeah, that's part of the whole getup. Luckily the cameras can't catch the holes that have worn into them. Secretly, he might have changed out the plain black t-shirt, it's hard to tell for sure.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Written Option 1

Lyle Odelein IV is a pretty low key person. He has never been considered overly flashy on the ice and he has definitely not been known as hip or trendy (or whatever the kids are calling it these days!) when it comes to fashion sense. Lyle will most likely be seen in a common, black or dark blue suit on game days. He does does however, like to add his own little personal touch with his choices of ties, hats and other accessories like that. Again, nothing overly flashy, but if you look close enough, you may notice it. For example, whenever he plays against the St. Louis Scarecrows, the team his father played for during his time in the SMJHL, he wears a ruby red tie. A subtle nod to the ruby red shoes from the movie The Wizard of Oz, which has the most rememberable scarecrow in pip culture. So, keep an eye out for these little additions to Lyle's GameDay outfits, maybe you'll pick something out like this.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Edouard Lavoie typical wears a nice suit when he arrives to the arena on game day, much like his NHL counterparts. Having grown up watching the QMJHL and the NHL, Lavoie saw his idols wearing suits before games, so in his mind that is what you do. That does not mean that he seeks out the finest tailors or brand sponsorships or anything of the sort, but he owns a couple of nice suits that he can mix and match to create new combinations to wear before games. When coming practice, he is a lot less formal. Jeans and a hoodie work just fine most of the time, though he will dress up for certain occasions. He will switch to business casual for meetings and events, and athletic wear when the situation calls for it. Ultimately, Edouard dresses for the situation he finds himself in and has little care for what others think of it so long as he is not offending anyone.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

[Image: vsnvt28.png]

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada 

Zeus Storm is not known as a fashionista. You will never catch him in a suit and tie unless it were a funeral. He just doesn't believe in dressing to impress and on gamedays he does not do that in the least bit. You may see guys like Eric Fischermann or Baron Samedi rolling up in their slacks and button up with a tie and fancy black shoes but that just doesn't vibe with Zeus. Whenever you see Zeus get off the team bus and strut to the locker room he is typically dressed in a hoodie with joggers and whatever pair of Nike Air Max Pro 90s he decides to wear that day. Nothing fancy , not trying too hard, but he does still make sure it is color coordinated at the very least. Zeus is more of a show guy so his shoes will match the fit but outside of that he does not waste much time thinking about what he is going to wear or what other people think he should dress like on game day.

180 words

[Image: zeus-stom-draft-night.png]

“What does Jack Booth wear on game days?”
Jack Booth: “On game days, I usually go with a suit. I like the routine of getting dressed up before heading to the arena. I don't know, it just helps me get into the right mindset, you know? I’ll pick out a nice dress shirt, throw on a tie, and make sure everything is looking sharp. It's kind of my way of saying, ‘I’m ready for business.’, I guess?”

“How do your teammates or media feel about your outfit choices?”
Jack Booth: “Oh, the guys definitely give me a hard time, in a good way, though. They’ll joke that I’m one of the sharper-dressed guys on the team, which is kinda funny. A few of the younger guys have started dressing up a bit more too, so maybe I’m setting a trend! The media has noticed too—they’ve asked me a couple of times about my suits. I think dressing well just shows that I take the game seriously, and it sets a professional tone before we even hit the ice.”

WC: 159 (this excludes the prompt questions in bold)

When it comes to what I wear on gamedays, it's pretty much only what the coach tells me to wear. Johnny Patey V2 is not someone that goes out of their way to dress to impress members from the media, since he does not care enough to do it. It's not like I hate it when others do it, it is pretty much just not for me, although some of the outfits that may teammates have been wearing have been quite interesting on certain gamedays and events that are happening. When it comes to my teammates, they definitely wish I broke the mold a bit more, since a lot of them are doing that, to the point where they are coming up with team outfits, and I do not really want to join in. My team pretty much knows I'm just here to win, and not here for the extra stuff. If dressing to impress the media won us a game, I would do it, but we all know it doesn't.

[Image: cguq9xO.png]

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: XlUQV2V.png]

The Patriotes aren't gonna like this, I kind of went behind their backs. But it's for a good cause, it's better to ask for forgiveness right? I figured we could make a charity jersey and give the money to the Montreal's Children Hospital, and what better way than to ask the sponsors to pay for it? I know our fans are generous and want to help us, but what if we could cash in on some good PR from the sponsors AND get the money where we need it to? That's how I came up with the idea to have our jersey plastered with sponsors, they could all bid to have a spot on the jersey to represent their company, and of course, the bigger the logo, the higher the bids would be. And that's how we ended up giving away 200k to the Montreal's Children Hospital with a custom jersey with 37 different brands on it.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Hockey Player absolutely loves to watch the forefront of fashion trends and if possible be at the start of them herself if possible. Most recently coming to a game in a pants suit that was made completely of 100 dollar bills. At the end of the game (after changing of course) the clothing was burned in order to show the absolute mind boggling riches that hockey player possesses. This caused massive backlash until it was also revealed that it was actually a magic trick and hockey player was still wearing the money pants suit. This pants suit was then donated to the local hospital to be repurposed into real money that could then be used to fund treatments. In general the team are massive fans of Hockey Players clothing line. This past seasons hot dog based line was all the rage among not only the Ottawa Highlanders, but the greater Ottawa area as a whole.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

The American Cancer Society is one of the best organizations to support as part of the new jersey designs for Chicago. When you think about the way that professional hockey leagues come together for Hockey Fights Cancer each year, it’s no surprise that we would also like to support a similar cause. The jerseys would be sold after practices and games for the entire month of October. And the proceeds will all go to benefit an organization that is trying to beat one of the greatest diseases that affects people from all walks of life. Cancer doesn’t care if you are a hockey fan or not. It doesn’t care if you are young or old. And it is a terrible and tragic disease that can take people we care about deeply far too soon. There had never been an organization that more deserves the partnership from the SHL. And we are glad to wear the cancer purple and a gameday patch.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

For game day Jacppo Nummilavin always keeps it simple. he is under the impression that the most important thing is to always make sure the main focus is on the game and anything that takes away from that is not something that he wants to be doing. He will normally show up wearing the nicest looking pair of sweat pants and a very comfy t-shirt. For his shoes he likes to also make sure that his feet are as free as possible before being confined to the tight skates for the remainder of the night. So he will normally have a nice pair of slides on with some long white socks. It definitely does not look the best but, it is something that makes him very comfortable and in the end that helps to make sure that he is playing at his highest level and when that is happening it always results in good things for the Maine Timber.

Code:
159 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]