Create Account

S78 PT #4: Sponsored Up and Geared Up Due: Sunday, September 8th @ 11:59 PM PST

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Written Option 1: Players try to secure sponsorship deals with brands all the time. From the fame and fortune that they can sometimes bring, it’s no wonder why they would be sought out for. Does your player actively seek out sponsorship possibilities? Why or why not? Do they limit what sorts of brands they’re willing to work with? Or do they enjoy even the most of zany companies that aren’t even related to hockey?

Graphic Option 1: Draw your player in a sponsorship advertisement! Bonus points for creative advertisement brands! (Disclaimer: There will be no actual bonus points :c But the graders would love to see creative brands!)

Written Option 2: They say athletes make the gear or that the gear makes the athlete. Either way, players definitely have preferences when it comes to gear for themselves on the ice. SHL teams often make custom orders for many players due to their more unique tastes or requirements. Does your player have anything they request from their equipment team? How hard is it to get some of their requests done? Does their gear give them an advantage they normally wouldn’t have with any old equipment of the same variety? If any equipment would be legal to bring on the ice (but still has to abide by hockey rules), what would they ask for to give them the edge over their competition?

Graphic Option 2: Draw your player buying or opening some of their new gear.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, September 8th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Graphics need to be viewable when PT is graded or you will not receive TPE. Discord only hosts images for very limited time.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S79 or S80 this is not for you.

PT credit: NaomiMannequeen

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

PT pass

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Written Option 1: Alexa doesn't particularly seek out endorsements, but she's certainly open to taking them if offered. She prefers to work with hockey companies, since she is a hockey player, after all, but has, at least once, willingly appeared in a San Diego tourism ad. When it comes to ad topics, she especially favors hockey related gear, things like sticks or ice skates. The fame isn't important, and the money is nice, but even she thinks it would be cool to get a shoe, or even better, to be the first player to have a skate named for her. Of course, that would be in addition to a stick, also named after her, so she could use them both in the SHL. That's an ad she would love to make, introducing the new Johansen 1 Skates and Johansen Stick from whoever pays her the most money to be able to use her name for them.

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: yRQ5DtN.png][Image: ZSWcyJU.png]

I always look to sponsorship that having a good review to myself. So I would never to sponsorship with animal fattening as example. I also never would do sponsorship with diesel cars.
I would more look for renewable energy sponsorship. I have actually a small sponsorship with solar companies and I also started last month the sponsorship with ideal animal husbandry companies they have many controls to serve the quality on the animals and with that the feed. I always try to give companies a chance they are under the radar. I also dont want so much money for the sponsorship. For me it is important that this nice companies can grow better and being a stronger market player for the future for us all humans. In my opinion we have enough money and with this chance we should give a bit back to the world. We also do some projects for kids in need of help. So we can make sure that they get education but more important healthy water and food. I dont make any difference between humans. For me all are the same so I like to help humans in need of help and see this happiness from them. This makes it even more special and important for me. I am happy that I can give in that way a bit back to the world.

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Option 1
Companies reach out to Willow all the time about sponsorships but she seldom returns their calls or emails. Her agent is on a strict “do not accept anything” order as well unless she gives express permission from a small handful of companies. One time Prime tried to sponsor Willow and after repeated calls and emails to her personal phone the same sales rep had a broken windshield with a puck in the passenger seat with “STOP” written on it. But companies reach out to her because since she accepts so few sponsorships, so if she accepts it is a huge boost in sales. One of the few sponsorships she has accepted was with Raising Cane’s because they promised her a lifetime supply of chicken fingers and Cane’s sauce if she would agree to be a cardboard cutout in their restaurants and never show up. Willow being the anti-social gremlin that she is graciously accepted this opportunity and it remains one of three total sponsorships she has ever taken.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

SSL Affiliate

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Option 1:

Shadow Fenix does seek out sponsorships because he needs money for weekly training to increase his TPE. When he first came in the league, it was unknown if he was going to be involved in the league wide embezzlement scheme, but in order to be the best, you have to make money as the best. This led to several media appearances where he would sneak in some aspect of his sponsorship, even if it felt a little forced at times. Some of the brands that sponsored him don't even relate to hockey. One of them was a company for higher quality psionic blades for young Protoss Zealots. Media has criticized this sponsorship because the blades are linked to a Protoss' connection to the Khala, which we all know can't be improved, and it's something you're stuck with. Of course looking into it, it seems like this company was founded by dark templars, so you have to ask if there is something deeper here.

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2024, 01:11 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Option 1:

Every player wants to get that call from their agent that a company is interested in them becoming their spokesperson. It's money, it's exposure, and it's a chance to support something you connect with. It's easy to get lost in the sea of offers and money, but the one rule I gave myself when I become a pro hockey player was to make sure you don't do things just for the money. Especially in regards to sponsorships, I'll only make deals with companies and products that I truly like.

One of my favourite sponsorships is for Coke Zero. It's something I drink all the time so I can be true to myself when I advertise for it. I also just received a call from Microsoft to make a commercial for an upcoming XBOX game and that is something that I'm very excited for. I'm a big XBOX guy so that fits right in with my life. I can't wait to start work on that and become partners with Microsoft. Look for that commercial coming soon!

(175 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 31] [Pts 37] [+/- +39] [PIM 42] [Hits 66] [SB 128]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Deth Klaw is pretty picky about their gear, to be honest. As a professional hockey player, it is super important to him that his gear fit not just really well, but perfectly, be durable, and help him do his job better. That said, most gear can be adjusted or tailored off the shelf pretty easily to meet Klaw's stringent requirements, but he does get 2 parts of his game gear made specifically custom for him: his gloves, and his skates. Hands and feet vary wildly among players, and they spend most or all of the game inside gloves and skates, so it needs to be comfortable. Beyond that, its obviously very important that Klaw can skate perfectly, and hold his hockey stick perfectly, so Klaw simply has both of those items custom made for him. He is willing to spend quite a bit of time and money to ensure these items fit him and help him play better. A big shout out to the equipment crew for ensuring that happens!

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: 3NfeQdx.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2024, 01:27 PM by Tate.)

Blade Hunter has a way of dealing with sponsorships that's different from most players. Since Blade needs to stay under the radar and not draw too much attention, he doesn’t go after the big sponsorship deals that most athletes do. His whole game is about staying hidden, so he's really careful about who he partners with. Blade Hunter, as Savva Kirik, keeps things low-key. He’s not out there trying to get famous or make a ton of money from sponsorships. Instead, he picks the small, local brands that don’t make a big fuss. He stays away from the big flashy deals that could put him in the spotlight. This way, he can keep his real identity safe and still play the part of Savva Kirik without anyone getting suspicious.

The kinds of companies Blade might work with are those that are quiet and not looking to make a big scene. Maybe some local shop or a brand that’s all about helping the community or being good to the environment. These kinds of deals fit with his need to keep a low profile and they make sense for Savva Kirik’s story, too. It’s like he’s just another player who likes to keep things simple and not show off. So, Blade Hunter doesn’t go for just any sponsorship. He’s super picky and only goes for the ones that won’t blow his cover. This way, he can keep hiding in plain sight and not worry about his secret getting out because of some big ad or event.

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: FThunMn.png]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Written Option 1

Shaggy has never been one of those players who are desperately hunting down the most exclusive sponsors in his free time. Being approached by various companies is something that cannot be avoided once you're somewhat known around the league, so he has had his fair share of those too, big and small. Mostly gear-related sponsors - and he doesn't mind those - but more recently he's helped the famous "Carpy's Coffee" brand. Well, his dad made him do it, but don't tell anyone. They started as a small coffee shop in Toronto within the arena and then tried to expand the franchise to other places. Shaggy's job was to work with them (well, 'work', does getting paid in free coffee count) and use his reach to establish them in Winnipeg. There are rumors they even planned to use Carpy's Coffee as an on-ice brand within the arena, but it's been rather difficult to get that done. Until then you can see Shaggy wear a hat or t-shirt with the brand's logo now and then.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Written Option 1: 

My player has his eyes on the prize. Gatorade. Gatorade is the only sponsorship deal that he is willing to take, as he loves their products. While everyone else on Nevada's bench is drinking water, prime, bio steel, and powerade, my player sticks with his favorite - lemon lime gatorade. He loves lemon lime gatorade so much that he is unable to give up drinking it for another brand deal and no amount of money will ever keep my player from lemon lime gatorade. As for equipment sponsorships, my player uses a combination of True skates, gloves, helmet, and will only use a Reebok 20K stick, which he has a stockpile of hundreds waiting to be used. Since Reebok is no more, that sponsorship is dead, but if True wants a deal im sure he would be open to that.

[Image: Sr1Fcwu.png]