Create Account

S78 PT #4: Sponsored Up and Geared Up Due: Sunday, September 8th @ 11:59 PM PST

If there is one thing about Ace Lightning, he sure is full of himself. Ever since breaking into the league, he has pressed some of the biggest companies to sponsor him. From Nike to Adidas to Facebook to Ralph Lauren, Ace Lightning has tried them all and faced harsh rejection. He has no lower limit to what kind of company he would take money from. There is one company though who was very eager to partner with such a hockey stud, and that is Temu. Yes, the company you see on those Instagram ads who may or may not support the labour of youths to get things done. They even did a commercial which only aired in South America and some parts of Egypt, where Lightning skated in the streets delivering packages to people with big smiles on their faces. Is there a company that he would say no to if asked?

Yes, he said in a recent interview, he would never do a sponsorship deal with Chef Boyardee, but that’s a personal thing.

Written Option 1:

Tibuk does not actively seek out sponsor ships, but at the same time he doesn't go out of his way to avoid them either. He appreciates that his time in the SHL is finite and he should therefore try and profit as much as possible from the money that is available during his prime. Some may take the opinion that you should take as much as possible but at the same time if you pull the ol' Connor McDavid and clown around in every ad that a company wants tot put you in you become a bit of a joke at the barbeque. While Tibuk loves getting royalties for his presence he also values his reputation around the league. He is a stoic performer who steps up when needed and hopes that others are not making fun of his poor acting potential that is on display in any number of Rogers or Scotiabank ads.

154 words

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 2: Rence Sykut is an equipment manager's dream in that he hangs onto his gear well past its shelf life. He has been wearing the same shoulder and elbow pads since before he was drafted to the SMJHL when he was playing major youth hockey in Latvia. His skates are notably scuffed and battered from taking pucks off of them and he is one of those players that does not enjoy having his skates sharpened frequently. His shin guards have velcro that has almost entirely come off and he has to apply of healthy amount of tape just to keep them on his legs. The only high maintenance equipment quirk that he has is that he likes to change his gloves frequently during the game to keep his hands dry. Due his low maintenance traits, Rence even joked in an interview that he has only spoken to the equipment manager a couple times in his three seasons in Seattle.

159 words

Written Option 1
Hell yea, I am always seeking out sponsorships. You have a short professional career and like Gronk if you can never touch your salary then you are in really good for not only the rest of your life, but also generations of your family are set to pursue what they love and never need to work a day in their life. I have my agent always hawking my likeness and image, but I get the final say on who sponsors me, and what products I advertise. Unlike all those internet people who claim to use and love all the products they get paid for, I actually have to like the people running the company, believe in the product, and actually use it myself. This isn't Oprah slinging Surfaces while using an iPad garbage. For equipment I will sponsor whichever company I like to use, not use the companies willing to sponsor me. For lifestyle things I'm picky. I don't use any of these meal delivery boxes that are always trying to get sponsorships because I have a private chef. I don't do any gambling because it is ruining fan enjoyment of the game. I will offer revenue % deals with smaller and local companies looking to get their brand noticed - these are my favorite even though they almost all pay off smaller in the end. It's nice to help out the hard workers.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Code:
Written Option 1: Players try to secure sponsorship deals with brands all the time. From the fame and fortune that they can sometimes bring, it’s no wonder why they would be sought out for. Does your player actively seek out sponsorship possibilities? Why or why not? Do they limit what sorts of brands they’re willing to work with? Or do they enjoy even the most of zany companies that aren’t even related to hockey?

Oskar is a pretty go with the flow guy off the ice. While he's aware sponsorships are part and parcel of becoming a big name in the SHL, he mostly leaves that to his agent and the sponsorship spokesperson to discuss. His agent has represented him for quite some time now and knows what deals Oskar is likely to agree to and which ones to avoid. That being said, there is one company in particular the Oskar actively sought out for a sponsorship opportunity. Back in his hometown of Mannheim, Germany there is a local cookie company called Kuchenladz that makes gingerbread cookies. Oskar can't get enough of them, same with his dad and his father before him. Oskar reached out to the Kuchenladz, but unfortunately they didn't have the capital to pay him, so Oskar offered to do it for free and is now the face of Kuchenladz cookies in western Germany!

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Option 2
I would say that I'm picky about my gear, I need to try them in practice before using them in a real game. The sticks and the skates are the two most important gears so you need to try some to know what fit you more. Depend on your style of play and how you want you gear to react a precise way. Other than that, if the gear is still in good shape, I don't really change it. I don't keep it like 10 years like some players do, but I don't change it every season either.
The company is not really important neither as they have all pro stuff and it mostly depend on your sponsorship than anything else.
All I ask the equipment team is not keep my stuff dry and the skates as sharp as possible. I don't have crazy request other than keeping it in order so it won't degrade quickly.

Pohler is really scraping the bottom of the barrel for opportunities..

Graphic Task:

[Image: 8rLG6xx.png]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

My player is like me in which if he is going to be a role model he doesn't want to use a brand that is either too expensive or exclusive or has a bad public image. It's like when Shaq decided to come up with his own shoe and own brand so that kids who grew up like him could afford to wear his stuff. That's the kind of player I want to be to be honest. I mean my player is a legacy so he didn't grow up poor but he doesn't want that and his leg up to keep wearing his shirt or shoe or pant or glove or whatever to be a 'dream' for someone but rather something they can do. If a charity wants to sponsor my player to do like a 5K for diabetes or a meet and greet I am all about that but getting like a shoe or skate deal, meh I am ambivalent.

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

1. Kaarlo Koivunen most of the time at least tries to look for sponsorships for more money to make his contracts cost less for the team and meaning his team would be able to afford more players who would be better meaning a better chanche to compete for the cup
also koivunen is somewhat limiting his brand firstly he tries to mostly get sponoships in finland because then he can use own language what he doesn't really get to use in calgary and along with that he likes to support finnish brands and another thing koivunen will avoid is all things related to gamling or stuff koivunen doesn't really like personally thoe at some things koivunen grants an expection if he thinks its decent enough there is still a single thing thoe what koivunen doesn't do sponsorships with and that is with companies he thinks are greedy or something related to that since he would be supporting them and that he doesn't like

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

WRITTEN OPTION 1

Aumy Junior II has always been a professional. Of course, it's always easier to do a thing you love when you are getting paid and don't have to worry about specific things. However, he doesn't care about sponsorships that much. He has some sponsorships, but contract with a team pays much more. So he is focusing on hockey to get paid, because that's what he's doing the best. It's obvious that he doesn't work with everyone as well. There are some rules and it's only normal. It's important for hockey players to understand that hockey has to be a priority. Then you can focus on sponsorships and other extra ways to earn some cash. PR is a very important thing for athletes too, but sponsorships can wait. You can still take some of them, but make yourself worth. Long term sponsorship with one company might be better than plenty quick ones. And even with that, remember that hockey is still higher as sponsorships.

163 words

Stars Stars Stars

Written Option 1

The further along I have gotten in my career, the more opportunities I have had to be selective about my sponsorships. Early in my career, I was taking anything that was offered to me. Now, I am in a financial spot where I can be a bit more selective. As a result, I really do try and focus on sponsors that I would actually use myself or that I am passionate about. This has led to a mix of sponsors reaching out to me, but also me reaching out to them. For example, I started using a Nespresso machine for my morning coffee and I have been really enjoying it. Because I have liked it so much, I had my agent reach out to the Nespresso marketing team and next thing I knew, I was in their latest commercial talking about how much I enjoy my morning cup of Nespresso coffee. I have gotten to the point where I really would not say yes to a sponsorship deal where it was a product that I did not genuinely enjoy or believe in.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

[Image: o9NpHHn.jpeg]

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

Option 1: Simo just signed a big deal with the Argonauts - one that's already being criticised for being too expensive or too valuable for a second-year player who, even acknowledging how stinko bad the Blizzard were in his rookie season, had some putrid looking numbers. He's not and has never been a dude who wants to live the ball-out crazy lifestyle professional football or basketball players like - his car cost five figures and the most expensive thing he wears regularly is his Fitbit, not a Rolex or some elaborate piece of bling. In years to come, if some of the bigger fitness companies come knocking then Simo will absolutely consider it, but he's got some semblance of a bag already: $16 million over three years and a contract that ends when he's in his mid-twenties and physical prime is a good chunk of change for a young guy. So in summary, no: to hell with fame and fortune, so long as he's got the cash money to live comfortably Simo is going to be sound.

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: xSn0esi.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2024, 10:14 AM by No Goal. Edited 1 time in total.)

1:

Brayden Point is open to work with different brands. He has a soft spot for organizations that care about pets and mental health. He also is a big fan of quality sports equipment (meaning he will not partner with fantatics - he hopes we never use them for our jerseys and is sad to see the NHL make the change over. Brayden Point stands behind anything he puts his name with so if he does not care about the cause or the product you will not see his endorsement and if you do it is safe to assume that while he wants money he stands by what is being offered by the commercial or product and most likely uses it himself in some fashion. Brayden Point is open to deals outside of hockey as long as they are a quality cause or product. Please feel free to reach out if you have any offerings for Brayden Point his agent, No Goal, is always on the lookout for new sponsors - perhaps some winter cloths as we head into winter and the Detroit cold?!?!

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked:

Option 1:

For Furious Chicken sponsorships are easy, that is at least what he thought at first. Just got to accept the highest bidder and be happy with the money right. But then came the negative things, did Furious Chicken want to be sponsored by certain brands, certain ideas. His eventual idea was no, and thus fall apart the big sponsorship deal of a baby toy company, just to nice of a company to combine with a giant angry chicken. Next up came the following question, did he really want to be sponsored by a rival, as the Angry Cow association wanted to sponsor Furious Chicken, which obviously was rejected. Next up was the important part of the how the colors fit with the teams colors, with the Buffalo Stampede the main color was green, when the purple-red colored sponsorship came along, Furious Chicken nearly accepted it, how could you hate the colors purple and red. But once he saw it together with the green, he decided that was a big no. And so after all of these decisions he finally found a sponsorship, to now be sponsored by the anti-happy chicken association, to nicely be against all chicken that are happy.

(202 words)

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]