Create Account

S78 PT #4: Sponsored Up and Geared Up Due: Sunday, September 8th @ 11:59 PM PST

As a hockey player who grew up relatively poor in Romania (before making her way to Sweden), Violet Stoica is interested in passion project type sponsorships for products that, ideally, she uses. She's very interested in cute decor, including a particular capybara type night light, various plants, and stuffed animals, and was all too eager to hop on the hype train for lots of these items when she posted some decor highlight type videos or pictures on the internet and the relevant companies came a-knocking. Whether or not she's actually helped the sales of these bits of merchandise -- given she's not an especially prominent player -- remains to be seen, but she's hardly involved in the business meetings so as to avoid affecting her hockey practice. She does have an affinity for the Blåhaj from Ikea -- and only realized a bit afterwards it was relevant for specific communities which she supports (but isn't a member of by identity per-se). She's instead spent plenty of her off days trying to give out lots of these plushie sharks to her supporters, even if Atlanta has nothing to do with these cute lil' sharks!

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Against the wishes of the SHL and his agent, Logan Webb does not go out looking for sponsorship deals. Not only does he not go out looking for them, he absolutely refuses to match with any big names in hockey or in general anything hockey related. It is all part of his plan for after hockey is finished. You see with such a relatively short playing career with only so much time to make money in the SHL. Webb sees this as an opportunity to branch out into other markets making connections to CEOs and marketing teams in a wide variety of products and applications. He has been a part of industrial machinery companies, solar energy, adult diapers, male pattern balding medicine, sexual ads, socks, a Swedish pop rock band and so much more. Once his playing career is over he will have more opportunities than almost anyone else on ways to continue to earn in his future.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

"Growing up I did not have a lot of money when it came to handling hockey equipment, any time I would be on the ice at first it was just the casual jeans, old skates that were barely holding on and whatever I could find. Eventually as I began to use some padding I would use for stunts for gear but it still was not much to keep me protected knowing the physical game I play. Finally once I became professional and started to truly make money from this, I invested a good amount into some proper gear. I believe due to my vulgar mouth and physical play not a lot of sponsorships want me but a few see that and intentionally flock to me. I was a part of a commercial even showing the durability of my current hockey gear knowing my intense type of play, I try to focus on high quality padding while still showing some personality and more with getting custom skates and mouth guards. Probably the craziest piece of gear I've had ordered was definitely the Malamute hockey stick, thing was so bright with our color red anyone could see it from the nosebleeds."

Word Count: 200

Jarrod Lakemore is a man of principle and is very picky when it comes to choosing what brands he represents. He already feels he is very well compensated by his SHL contract and therefore doesn't feel any financial need to accept any and every sponsorship opportunity that goes his way. Lakemore will only accept sponsorships from companies whose products he actually uses. He will still give the company a chance if it is not a product he was already using, and test out the product to see if he likes it, but will never attach his name to a company whose product he doesn't stand behind 100%. He is also only interested in companies that provide healthy working conditions for their employees, practice fair trade, and have well documented charitable donations. He does not support greedy companies who exploit their workers and would rather pay their executives millions in bonuses rather than donate to the needy. For these reasons, Lakemore's only current sponsorship deal is with Ninja Kiwi, because he is such an avid BTD6 fan. (179 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Written Option 1: Players try to secure sponsorship deals with brands all the time. From the fame and fortune that they can sometimes bring, it’s no wonder why they would be sought out for. Does your player actively seek out sponsorship possibilities? Why or why not? Do they limit what sorts of brands they’re willing to work with? Or do they enjoy even the most of zany companies that aren’t even related to hockey?

Given the size of an AT-AT Walker, there is obviously a lot of room for advertisements or sponsorship logos. The hockey playing AT-AT Wøllker is always looking for ways to get some additional income, so selling space for logos and ads is not a bad idea! He could end up looking like a NASCAR racecar with all the decals and so forth. Now, Great Falls is not a huge town with a lot of businesses able to put up the money to have ads, so he probably would have to settle for a lot of mom and pop type businesses, local auto shops and pizza places for the most part. But when he finally gets the call-up to Seattle, all of a sudden there's a lot of tech companies and coffee places who could sign him to even bigger endorsement deals, Probably he would try and get a deal with Microsoft since they are the Earth's equivalent of the Empire plus they have tons of money and AT-AT is not above selling out to get a piece of that pie. Or maybe Starbucks, they are pretty evil but they'd probably expect AT-AT to participate in union-busting strategies as well. [209 words]

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

philippe eko eel does indeed have some fairly specific gear requirements when it comes to pretty much all of his equipment and his uniform - pretty much everything on his eel body needs to be custom made and it's because of that very eel body itself. see, an eel tends to have different proportions and structure than a human person. chief among these differences is a much thinner torso and lack of additional appendages coming off of said torso. humans have two legs and two arms, eels are preetty much just straight down from head to tail. the slender nature of philippe eko eel means he can't quite fit into a typical hockey sweater, nor pads, nor skates oh boy don't even get me started on the skates! At first when he was coming up through juniors these requests were new and therefore difficult to fulfill quickly but now that he's an established player (superstar even, some may say), the equipment staff in atlanta knows how to meet all of these necessary demands

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

#1: MattyJ does not seek out a ton of sponsorships. He only will be sponsored by brands he already uses it in his life. He will not pretend he likes a brand even though he never uses it. Currently, his only sponsorship is Super Blood Hockey. It is the video game he loves and grew up playing. Partnering them was a no brainer. Other brands have reached out, but his team has not responded. He hopes that brands he likes will reach out soon. He would love the money that comes with sponsorship, but does not care enough to start reaching out. If brands want to work with him, he likes that a lot more. When he moves up to the SHL, he hopes brands like Costco and Mountain Dew reach out to him. Due to his dirty antics on the ice, MattyJ knows he is not the best image for most brands. But, everyone does love a winner, and that he is.

[Image: mattyj.png]

Honstly, Agate tries to avoid all sponsorship. She hates feeling like a shill, and she hates all of the random clutter that sponsors send. She’s something of a minimalist, and likes to get robust, well-made items that could last a lifetime. She enjoys simple pleasures and believes strongly that what she possesses is a great representation of who she is, and what she believes in. It can be hard sometimes to dodge companies though, and sometimes the bills are due and she’s got to shoot a commercial to get through to the next month. We all need to pay the bills, and even professional hockey players are not an exception to that rule. So sure she does have some random hockey gear kicking around that she was given, she’s got a RAID Shadow Legends account full of bonus items, and she’s got a shelf of supplements and powders that she doesn’t take. But that’s just life in today’s day and age, isn’t it?

Mia Lavoie is mostly just focused on getting better at the game and doesn't spend a whole lot of time thinking about, let alone pursuing, sponsorship deals. That isn't to say she wouldn't sign on to one, but she lets her agent do the wheeling and dealing to get things done on that front while she prioritizes her performance out on the ice. Since solid game usually leads to sponsorship deals it kind of just works out. Her agent is aware of the brands and causes she's most interested in and maybe those she'd be less keen on. While she might expect most deals would be related to hockey in some way, whether it be sports drinks or equipment or whatever, she's not averse to non-hockey deals. Like if some pet-related thing came her way she'd totally sign on to that because she's a sucker for animals and supporting shelters/rescue organizations and that kinda thing. Not sure how that would translate to a sponsorship deal but hey.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

Billy Herrington definitely enjoys the perks of sponsorships, but he's pretty selective about the brands he aligns himself with. While some players might jump at any opportunity for fame and fortune, Billy takes a more thoughtful approach. He actively seeks out sponsorships, but only if the brand really resonates with his personality or values. He’s not just looking for any deal—he wants something that feels authentic to who he is, on and off the ice. That being said, Billy isn’t afraid to embrace the quirky side of sponsorships. He’s worked with SHL Kush, a wellness brand that promotes a healthy, laid-back lifestyle, which fits perfectly with his love for meditation and finding balance in his hockey career. He’s also open to working with offbeat companies, as long as the partnership feels genuine. Whether it’s a funky clothing brand, a fitness company, or even something totally unrelated to hockey, Billy’s all about having fun with his sponsorships. At the end of the day, Billy sees sponsorships as an extension of his personality. If the brand makes sense for him and aligns with his vibe, he’s all in. But if it feels forced or too corporate, he’s quick to pass—it’s all about staying true to himself.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Edouard Lavoie does not care too much about his income off the ice, but he is willing to work with ethical brands that provide good and necessary services to people that need them. Before signing on with a company's marketing team, he thoroughly vets the company and their goals to ensure that they provide a needed service in an ethical and responsible manner. If the company in question obfuscates their business practices or has any unethical or damaging practices, Edouard will refuse to work with them. He takes a reasonable rate for his time, but refuses to take home a substantial paycheck for his reputation. Most of his time outside of hockey is spent with non-profits and charity organizations to help provide services to those who need them, but he will work with good companies as well if the need arises. Lavoie's favorite companies to work with are progressive companies who are creatively trying to solve problems for people and he will happily work with them if they have good intentions.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

written option 1: Lily Jin Morrow definitely seeks out new sponsorship opportunities. As a KPOP Star as well as an up and coming hockey phenom, Lily represents a perfect bridge in between two very different and varied communities. As a result, many sponsors want to work with her.

She has received inquiries from a variety of companies, including miu miu, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, and many others. On the hockey side, she has been contacted by Mountain Dew and Pucks Unlimited.

If Lily had a dream partnership, she would want to be in those crazy Japanese ads. You know, like the ones where Robert De Niro is promoting a bunch of random brands? At least I think it was Robert De Niro...

Lily is also a huge book fan, so a natural partnership would be with Audible, which is a common partnership for youtubers everywhere. Lily hosts her own podcast/ youtube series regarding a book club, so that would also be a great partnership.

160 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

PT Pass

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

Graphic Option 1

[Image: 6mfRCtB.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Written Option 1

Private Investigator & Reporter I made up for this point task: I would like to never have to follow this player or their agent again.

Owner of scummy media company I also made up for this task: Did you get the scoop I asked for?

PI Reporter: Well I was able to find out that Dave Heinrich does not do anything special to pursue sponsorships on his own. He lets his agent handle that on their own, but does do everything that said agent asks him to do in regards to pursuing sponsorship opportunities.

Scummy Owner: Alright, but why?

PI Reporter: Well when you have a planeswalker who can snap their fingers and manifest an entire alternate reality you do whatever they want you to do I would guess.

Scummy Owner: Did you actually investigate Dave's stance though rather than having us just rely on guesswork?

PI Reporter: After diving through a few of his comments elsewhere I can confirm that he agrees with my stance.

Scummy Owner: What kind of opportunities are they after?

PI Reporter: This agent is the most eccentric individual I ever met. They were sponsored by a company that exclusively makes headphones for guinea pigs.

Scummy Owner: What.

PI Reporter: That is apparently a company trading at six billion dollars on the market. I think they are just a money laundering operation for Dave and his agent, but when I tried to look into it more I came home to find all of my furniture had been moved three inches to the left. Do you have any idea how terrifying it is to realize that someone sneaked into your house, moved literally every single piece of furniture, and there was nothing on my security cameras because they were also moved three inches to the left simultaneously to make everything look basically the same?

Scummy Owner: Well if not for the fact that my title explicitly details I am scummy I would give you a vacation here, but instead you can go after that new star in the SMJHL.

PI Reporter: Yes boss.

Code:
Word Count: 347