Create Account

S78 PT #4: Sponsored Up and Geared Up Due: Sunday, September 8th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Option 1

I will only work with companies that provide me with plenty of free samples. Honestly, it's not even about the money for me, I just like material goods. I'd say most of the time, even if the company is very vile and without morals. As long as they give me alot of stuff, be it food or a bed, car, jetpack w/e, I'm fine with it all. I do not care. This one time I ended up promoting a whaling company. I thought people didn't whale anymore, but apparently they do! So after shooting a commercial for them, I was left with 15 years worth of whale meat and blubber. What can you even do with blubber, you wonder. Well, I don't know, but I have alot of it and that's what's important. Anyone want to try some whale meat? It's not that great to be honest with you, but I'll give it to ya for free!
wc: 158

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Three time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Written Option 1:

Elvar Gil-Galad if given the chance to choose one sponsorship he would absolutely love would be for Hi-Chews candy. These candies are the greatest of all time and one could just imagine having a life-time supply of the chewy mouth watering deliciousness. They are just chewy enough to satisfy ones craving for more than a second of enjoyment and the flavour just pops. Grape is probably the best, but green apple a close second. Recently this genius company came out with a line of sweet and sour chews that are the flavour of grapefruit, lemon and watermelon. The watermelon one's are meh but the lemon is life changing. Not quite as sour as warheads perhaps but still pretty damn tasty. The commercial could be just Elvar chewing away while sitting on a chair. No dialogue. Just unwrapping and then chewing. And repeating. And if Hi-Chew isn't interested in a sponsorship, then Sour Patch Kids are pretty freaking tasty too!

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

Atticus Hale does have pretty specific requirements when it comes to gear. He prefers the Warrior brand for all his gear. Everyone know that a hockey player’s stick is very unique to the player from the length of the stick, the curve of the blade, how much tape (if any) should be applied to the blade, and how much tape should be applied to the top of the stick. Personally, Hale likes a longer stick because it increases his reach and allows him to get his stick on the puck before most other players. He doesn’t like too much of a curve but just enough to make his wrist shot lethal. He will tape up the blade of his stick, but not too much because it can affect the feel of the puck on the stick. When it comes to the top of the stick, he prefers a tape with minimal texture. He experimented with sticky tape a bit but found that it can make it hard to handle the stick in certain scenarios and can really ruin your gloves.

The rest of his gear is pretty standard. Skates, gloves, and various padding. One interesting thing about Hale’s gear is that he has used the same shoulder pads for his entire SHL career. It is the one superstition that he has carried since his rookie year.

[226 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

Written option 1

Jaromir Jagrbomb used to be more into sponsorship deals back in the day when he wasn't making such big money. But nowadays he feels that the money he gets paid for just playing hockey is more than enough. Therefore he doesn't have to specifically seek for partnerships, at least for money. But if an opportunity rises to make a deal to promote something interesting, Jagrbomb doesn't say no. He likes both promoting some small, innovative start-up companies that benefit from the visibility Jagrbomb can bring, as well as non-profit organizations that do something good for the less fortunate, whether it's hockey-related or not. Back in the day Jagrbomb was a bit too gullible and was ready to partner with any company that promised to pay money (or something that can be converted to money). This led to some awkward situations, where he gave his face to shady companies. One food industry company in particular, that promised to deliver a "truckload of dough" in return for a TV ad. They did, but Jaromir didn't know what to do with all the dough as he's not a big baker.

[Image: sulov.gif]

1:

I, Troy McClure IIII make my team almost all the money back that they spend on my cap hit. I do so with various expensive and luxurious sponsors. The limits are set only by the depths of the sponsors pockets. At this point in life everyone knows it's a game, and I play to win!

Obviously the only exception would be my gear. I'm using my Synergy sticks, my CCM gloves and pads and my warrior hockey green stick tape. Outside of that kit however, I am a big old for sale sign. I will not limit my income because of my dignity. My teammates and I have to eat right? So why not post 3 Instagram posts at the restaurant and tag the waiter with the comment : " Best Burger in New England. Thanks Jerry C. For the best experience ever! They don't skim on the shrimp at Red Lobster!" Boom, you sucker's pay 22 bucks for your endless Shrimp, the Wolfpack gobbles them down for half price!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Written Option 2

Gino is usually pretty picky about his Goalie equipment, especially since a Goalie has to work with more gear attached to them due to the dangers they face by throwing themselves into a literal bullet every other minute. So protecctive gear of the highest standard is something he would not want to miss at any cost, just for safety concerns. On top of that Gino's style forces him to do many up and down movements due to getting down into Butterfly, maybe jumping from one corner into the other and then getting back up again fast, down but not beaten, he calls his style tenderly.
For that to work well, the equipment needs to be extra cushiony and light, while not losing any protective layer, so that repeatdetely going down and up again is achieveable with as little power as necessary.
Then there are the cosmetics where Gino wants to have a custom Goalie mask that is yet in production. He told sources that he wishes to have it reflect on both his current home at Buffalo and his Italian heritage at the same time.

Written Option 1:

Niclas Sundqvist is not really into selling himself to corporations. Sure sponsorship money could be nice but he already has a very solid contract that makes him more than enough money to be set for life. The decision is not only due to him not wanting to sell out however. A sponsorship deal would be a great cut into an already limited spare time which he prefers to have free to rule as he sees fit. As with everything, there is of course exceptions. He does not actively seek out these opportunities but over time his agent has understood more and more what he would be willing to accept so all potential sponsor deals go through the agent, who most often veto them or see if there is something that could have potential and if that is the case, brings to proposal to Sundqvist. Niclas is more than happy to invest time back into the local communities who help struggling kids, so there are a few visits to schools and so each season instead of sponsorships.

[176 words]

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Everybody likes to have sponsorship deals because obviously it’s supplemental income throughout the season. That being said, Axel Kirby does not go out of his way to seek sponsorships or endorsements, as he’s a pretty low key guy. He’s probably one of the few players that prefers to stay under the radar and not get deals so he doesn’t have to do events he doesn’t want to go to.

While he doesn’t usually turn down deals - if they’re hockey related of course - he doesn’t go out of his way to get more. The only ones he truly loves doing is anything involving children. He knows what it’s like to be a kid growing up idolizing these players so if he has to go to children events or fundraisers for sick kids, he'll be there. As someone who was lucky enough to make it to the top and achieve his dream, Axel knows that not every kid is so lucky. If he needs to take time to spend it with them, he definitely will, as he knows it’ll make their day.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(1)

Johnmy FourStar will take money from literally anybody. It doesn't even matter what they do or what they stand for. Recently in the media section Johnny tried to get a sponsorship from Tim Hortons but that didn't work out. But he is evaluating his other options. He's heard great things about Nestlé and how they seek to improve lives all across their supply chain. Monsanto seems to be a great corporation that is devoted to feeding the earth. Dupont is environmentally conscious and has never sought to pollute in order to gain a quick buck. Chiquita Bananas really treats it's work force with respect. So does Nike, every man woman and child working at the Nike factory really loves their job and is there of their own free will. And Purdue Pharmaceuticals is working on some great new stuff that their customers are certain to love.

Johnmy FourStar will represent any of these companies if they offer to pay for his coaching next season.

(164)

WO1

Luckily for Nash he doesn't have to do much work in order to secure sponsorship deals with companies that are out there. Even though Nike is not super involved in the Hockey world they have Nash locked down on a multi year contract. Street Clothes and plenty of double pairs of shoes (4 feet for Nash) really puts the word out there. All of the large pet food and supplement companies are also big sponsors of Nash and his animal prowess out on the ice. Making sure that Nash is wearing his gear at all times is really important in getting the word out there. The extra dollars really helps Nash pay for his large expenses and he even had a special room built in his house to store all of his extra card packs. None of them are open, but its just a huge area of unopened card packs on display. You never know whats in them if you don't open them! There can be something rare for sure.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Opt 1

I get that sponsor deals are a part of the industry where your player is highly sought after to represent a brand on and off the ice, but N'Zola is not like that at all. He could not give two shits about what color his socks are during the game or after the game or what type of sportswear he is supporting. Since that has nothing to do with the hockey itself, other than the money involved, Georg has opted to not actively seek out sponsorship deals with brands of any kind, whether its clothing, jewelery or sportswear, whatever. Many companies have tried getting his attention especially from when he was very young and promising and "cheap" if you could say so. Nowadays if a brand would be able to get N'Zola to support them it would mean a lifetimes worth of money for a few people, so that his family can live well without having to worry about money. Whoever gets him a deal like that, he is set - but currently there are none like that

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Now that JR Frankenstero is aging and getting closer and closer to retirement, he's becoming more and more invested in the sponsorship deals and different ideas that everyone is giving him.  When he first joined the league it was something that could be kicked down the road to worry about, but now that time is near.  Also what happens when you're aging to your physical appearance?  That's exactly right if you're a man, you can start to gain that 'Silver Fox'ness in your hair, beard, head, nose, ears.  Everywhere the silver and white starts to invade.  And for that reason Frankenstero is going to be the new face of "Just for Men: Silver Fox".  Now this one isn't about hair coloring, it's about making all those different body hairs that you have stand out and are healthy.  If you thought a little salt and pepper looked nice, just wait till you add some of this and see the SHINE!
Code:
159 Words

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Written Option 2:

Nathangus McExplosion, currently playing for the Colorado Raptors in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, aspires to be the best. And to do so, he needs the best gear. That's why future teamate Kristian Seppannen (:berrymyseppanenSmile is teaching young Nathagnes McExplopipe is listening and watching carefully what his defender friends uses as equipment with the big culb, the Atlanta Inferno of the Simulation hockey league. There is also binbo koivu @goldenglutes who shares good advice but goes unlistened for and @Jepox Pablo Salvaticci I mean Sim wen. So the most important part is the stick. Nathagnes uses a very rigid stick made of wood. That how you clap the best bombs. Nothing beats wood and if an opponent says otherwise they will SURE WOOD regret it (Sherwood haha). Then the skates are also important as they are a hardened shoe with a metal sharpened blade on it. This piece of equipement is unique to the sport of ice hockey and no other sport uses it trust me. Berry my Seppanen also gave nathagnes the very good tip of using only the freshest equipment every game as the team is covering all expenses so it's a good way to get freee stuff that isn't full of sweat.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Kristian Seppanen, the star Finnish right defenceman for the Atlanta Inferno hockey team of the eastern conference of the Simhlation Hockey League, otherwise known as the SHL, actively tries to seek out sponsorships for whatever he can, whenever he can. That is why Kristian Seppanen goes by Kristian “Sponsorship” Seppanen, and is known in the locker room as Sponsorship Seppy. Seppanen’s favourite sponsorship deals always involve “blocking” something, because Sponsorship Seppy loves blocking shots. He signed a sponsorship deal with an ad blocking company, where they filmed a commercial of him blocking shots with ads dubbed over pucks. He also signed a sponsorship deal with a defensive driving training program - because he was blocking accidents from happening by training defensive drivers through this course. Even if they’re not blocking based sponsorship deals, Seppanen will sign them if he can. The rumour on the streets are that Seppanen just signs his name wherever he sees a line, sometimes if it gets him in unsavoury situations.