Create Account

S78 PT #4: Sponsored Up and Geared Up Due: Sunday, September 8th @ 11:59 PM PST

Elena Maximova understands the appeal of sponsorship deals but doesn't actively seek them out. She values what she represents as a member of the Los Angeles Panthers and as a potential role model for kids who are fans of the team. She prefers to concentrate on hockey and contribute to the success of her team rather than leverage her sporting talent for monetary or visibility gains. Her personal values take precedence in every aspect of her life and finding sponsors that would align with them all the way seem too difficult, especially in today's market. She of course uses items made by various league sponsors because she has to, even if those don't necessarily represent her values, but she refuses to allow her personal name to be used in any way. She makes enough money with her contract with the Panthers as it is and it even allows her to directly support causes she believes in.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

One of the hardest part of playing ice hockey as a young person is that it costs quite a bit of money to always be purchasing new equipment. And while we grow out of our elbow pads pretty much every other season, we often also get an opportunity to try out a number of different brands during that time period. So, when I finally made it to the big show, I simply didn’t have any of the built up brand loyalty that some other players might. As a result, I’ve had no problem getting sponsorships to churn through every couple of seasons. The actual equipment itself doesn’t matter nearly as much to me as the extra funds in my bank account. When you think about it, pretty much every brand that is big enough to be asking me to wear their products in exchange for cold hard cash probably has invested quite a bit of money into developing those items. So I’ll take the extra million or two from the highest bidder and gladly wear their on-ice gear for a season or two until another deal shows up.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

While most players seek out sponsorship deals, Solaire of Astora has not, but he has been approached by From Software for some sponsorships. They have been in talks with assisting him getting back into his game, as long as he promotes the From Software name brand and video games in which they create. Solaire of Astora has agreed to this deal, and starting this off-season he will be touring with the likes of his buddies, Siegmeyer of Catarina and Blacksmith Andre and going to different Cons and other game stores for From Software. Solaire of Astora is happy to do so, as long as he is with his buddies and hopefully finding a way back home. Solaire quite enjoys working with From Software since it is where he was originally made and has some connections to the company and therefore his buddies. It's quite a niche sponsorship but it work for what Solaire wants and needs.

(158 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Quote:Written Option 1: Players try to secure sponsorship deals with brands all the time. From the fame and fortune that they can sometimes bring, it’s no wonder why they would be sought out for. Does your player actively seek out sponsorship possibilities? Why or why not? Do they limit what sorts of brands they’re willing to work with? Or do they enjoy even the most of zany companies that aren’t even related to hockey?

Yes, Jae-ik Barron of the Atlanta Inferno seeks out sponsorship opportunities. He does this because he knows that a hockey career only lasts so long, and that if he wants to stay in the game after he retires, he needs to make sure his name is widely known among hockey faithful.
There is no limit to the types of brands he’s willing to work with. In the past, he has worked with:

- A tire company selling winter tires. He plays this down because they eventually came into legal trouble for using sub-par rubber in their tires.
- A popular Canadiana restaurant that specializes in baked goods and coffees which shall not be named. He stopped when he learned that they had been sold to a foreign investment firm.
- A company that installs doomsday bunkers. He let his contract run out once they went out of business due to lawsuits: their bunkers kept collapsing in on themselves at the slightest sign of geological activity.

He’s currently taking a break from working with any companies that aren’t hockey related because they keep tarnishing his profile rather than build it.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Mr. Woggins has always had the strong opinion that sponserships and corporate shilling has no place in the world of hockey. For when corporates begin to advertise for players, the integrity and soul of the sport becomes tainted and sallowed with the sickening rot of advertising. Mr. Woggins refuses to allow for any sponserships, big or small, and only lives off of his own merit as a hockey player for the Vancouver Whalers and the Edmonton Blizzards. Anything more would be disgraceful in his eyes, as it would sully his good name as he stands in solidarity with non-sponsered players. Furthermore, Mr. Woggins office is closed to any small time businesses that would seek to advertise with him as well. Commericials, merchandise, and advertisments in sponserships revolt and disgust Mr. Woggins to his very core. He believes his team, his friends, his family, his loved ones, and his fans all deserve better than to be foisted Galton Woggins sponserships upon them while he delivers the best that he can in this sport.

blob:https://imgur.com/dd98d44c-a742-4578-9c26-ac62de23a721

Yes Pique Boo requires lots of custom equipment to be as good as he is. He needs a special stick that has magnet that pulls in the puck to make it easier to get the puck and NO THIS IS NOT CHEATING that’s what pique boo thinks at least. He also has a helmet that has a mirror to see behind him so he can trip….. I mean be careful to not trip someone and lots of other things that make him better. Also all of his equipment needs to be washed after every period once he had to go out to play hockey odr style because it wasn’t finished washing off he got mad at the equipment team although they couldn’t do anything about it. I definitely think piques boos equipment helps him out a bit since he’s a little clumsy. Add jet engines to the back of the skates to skate faster since Pique Boo is slow.

Written Option 1: Have you ever heard of a starving artist? Gwendolyn was one once. She doesn't take any corporate sponsors, and instead uses her increasing media presence to sell her artwork and donate the proceeds towards a personal charity that help support the artists and musicians who may be unable to otherwise pursue an otherwise unfriendly career in the current world. Leading this, she's able to ensure the charity functions properly without the concern that she'd have with others. Gwendolyn also proudly promotes it where she can, even in situations where the league may be uninterested in helping promote a player-led organization to prioritize the income that corporate sponsors can bring... as annoyed as she may get with such a choice. At the end of the day, she doesn't pick up any sponsors, not really anyway. She doesn't consider her charity to be one, especially since it's tied to her directly. Gwendolyn recognizes that she's lucky in the positions she landed for wealth and recognizes few are able to tread the same path.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

option 1
[Image: idxQzbh.png]

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

prompt 1:

I mean, mr. Hlemýžď hails from Czechia. The money an average player in the SHL like him earns is slightly absurd to him, to a level where the prospect of earning even more money just doesn't feel like a necessity. Obviously, brands do approach successful players, which means that Arnošt hasn't seen any offers yet, but if that ends up being a possibility, he would not be the type of a guy to do every ad just to earn every possible penny available, but would definitely be the picky guy that would only support things that he likes and uses himself already even without the need to be paid for it. Makes both for a better feeling contract, actually telling the truth about something you like, and also just makes for a better ad, when the person advertising actually feels like they give a flying shit about the product and can get spotted using it even outside of the strictly dictated advertisement hours.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Kahn on pbe
My player seeks out endorsements but only for the brands he uses. The most recent endorsement deal he secured was a chili brand. The deal hasn’t gone public yet, so I won’t disclose the name of the brand, but it’s a good hot dog chili. There were a few courting my player, another chili company, but my player likes beans in his chili, and this was a no beans chili, and my player is like what is even the point in having chili without beans, UNLESS it’s hot dog chili. Then it makes sense. But out in Texas, that’s how they like their chili apparently. There’s a lot of wild things going on in the world, and the chili is just the start. My player might start a deal with Fiesta groceries. He popped in there looking for banana juice, and just had a blast of a time, and the prices are very reasonable. Be on the lookout for more endorsement deals. [word count 160]

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Being that Jiggle E. Puff is a one foot tall, 15 ish pound round ball of love and hockey skill, he requires completely custom fit equipment. Awhile ago he had human legs grafted to his body but he found they weren't as agile as his stubby little legs so he has to get custom fit skates and leg pads made from doll accessories. He doesn't wear shoulder pads due to not really having shoulders, so he settles for a hubcap from a smartcar that he tucks into his jersey and ties around his shoulders. Since his head is part of his body, his helmet covers half the surface area of his body, making him fearless when blocking shots or laying out the other team's skaters. Jiggle's stick is actually taken from one of those tabletop hockey games of yesteryear. He used to carve them himself out of toothpicks and glue but that was too much work for him

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Jesus Murphy loves to work promotional gigs for companies that have more personality than the typical bland corporate vanilla paste that makes up the majority of marketing and advertising in this day and age. There have been a few campaigns in particular that he is quite proud of and remembers fondly to this day. The first of these was for a chain of hardware and tool stores in Anchorage when he played junior hockey for the Armada. After this made him a bit of a name in the local advertising gig, he was doing everything from turning water into wine to walking across the surface of a lake on camera. Since hitting the SHL he's scored promotional deals for sandals and for some sort of drinking that's touted as the holy grail of travel mugs, despite the fact that it seems to be lined with lead paint. In any case, Murphy has made a name for himself in the industry and will only continue to do so as his fame grows.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Clarence will literally wear any brand if they are sponsoring him. He learned early to throw out morals when it comes to that kind of thing. Granted there are some extremes he won't go to but it's a very short list. That being said he has tried to seek out sponsorships with the big companies. He recently did a local commercial for an Italian/Domestic/Indian/French diner. He's been in commercials for local car dealerships. But he's trying to get in with Verizon but for some reason they don't think he's a big enough name. They did ask him about Easton Schaffer's availability though. Worley lied and said Easton is tied up with AT&T. Worley is also an avid skincare enthusiast and has a deal with Ulta. He will have his own brand of lotions coming out soon called Icy Wave. Reviews have been positive but there have been some complaints of a toothpaste scent with some ointments.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders Patriotes

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]