Create Account

S78 PT #5: Playoff Woahs and Woes Due: Sunday, September 15th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2
With some years in the SHL, Dionne have accepted that he won't win every year the big prize, and he have made peace with probably never won it. He still have some years ahead of him chasing it, but the prime of his years are behind him, as much as the prime of his team. The famous game seven last season will remain forever in his memory where he was so close to finally won it, but for some reason (I know it, it's FHM but can't really put the fault of the sim engine in there lol) he wasn't able to make the difference in this game and his dream was shattered. 
Before that game I would say that he was living "fine" with loosing as it's part of the game and you can't win them all, but that particular game at home in front of his crowd burn him through his soul.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: 3zad.jpeg]

2: Brayden Point was born to play hockey and it what he does the best. While he cannot win every game and every cup he is satisfied with knowing he played his best and did not let down his fan base. Brayden Point has been known to meditate and do a lot of breathing exercises while he is not the best loser he is always  humble and hungry for the win. He continues to train no matter the season as he sees it as no pain no gain. He takes on a team leader role despite not wearing an A or C on his jersey. He is able to hype the team up or calm them down when needed. Rest assured Tampa and Detroit with Brayden Point on your side you have a true legend hall of famer incoming. Brayden Point continues to train in the off season and also takes a few vacations with the team and family. The team does not partake in traditional golf and play an indoor on ice golf instead. Non of this matters those since Detroit and Tampa are winning the cup!  Falcons Barracuda

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif]

Quote:Written Option 1: Most players want to show off their skills on the ice. Whether in the form of a fancy save or incredible goal or even a hit that makes the glass shatter, spectators love being impressed. This is even more true for the playoffs where the stakes are higher. Does your player try to impress the crowd come playoff time? If so, how do they try to do so? Do they include their teammates in a set play that will make the crowd roar? Or do they try to take the glory for themselves to make an impossible play? If they aren’t the type to change their style of play to impress fans during playoffs, how does your player maintain their focus when the games get tougher and play gets more intense?

Dash Jackson doesn't play to impress anyone. Not himself, Not fans, Not coaches, No one! He is all business when it comes to playing hockey and will do whatever it takes to win the game, the series, the cup! Staying the course and keeping composure is what is important. I don't let anyone get under my skin and will not put my team in a bad position with a stupid retaliation or taunting penalty. I drink a shit ton of red bulls and boof a few smelling salts, that keeps my head in the game and super focused, also makes my ass on fire but man is it worth it lol! if somehow, someway i score. i do my sword twirl celly, dab up my teammates and get back at. Like i said before im not here for the attention, I'm here to win and do nothing but win. Some players in the league love the stat game and padding them. That's not my style.

Code:
160 words

[Image: Screenshot-2024-09-23-182945.png][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Blizzard LD #6 Dash Jackson-Edmonton Blizzard/Yukon Malamutes Malamutes

Option 2
Langston knows that Winnipeg is in the middle of a retool and there is not really the expectation of a deep playoff run. That said Langston is not really comfortable with losing but after having to deal with that for most of his career he has learned to take it more on the chin while inspiring others. If he loses he wants to make sure that the series is still one that the players can hang their hats on the series. After losing a series in the past, Langston has spent some time alone and just smoked meats to keep his mind of the loss. He loves golfing in general but this time around he will be inviting his fellow teammates out for a massive golf outing as an end to a hard fought season and also celebrating the retirement of several of his teammates who had very solid careers. After the golf, Langston will head to Scotland and Ireland for more golfing.

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Winning the cup every season is only for a select few every season and some times those set few get to be lucky enough to raise it on back to back years. This makes for a very elite sets of players who get to bask in the victory of a hard to win championship every season. But saying this means that for the few that do win the chance to raise the cup, lots miss out of the elusive prize dangled ever so close to their finger tips. Not winning is a hard feat, especially after all the hard work and dedication that is needed to even get a chance at that feat. I cant speak for others out there in the league but I know how gutted I feel myself when I come up short. This feeling of missing out only drives me more to train harder, to scrounge for every last TPE and to always be on the lookout for the next opportunity to improve.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Written Option 2:

Chopper is very determined to win this year since it will be his last playing for Nevada. He has a realistic expectation when going into the SHL and knows that there may be some time before he sees post season play again as MTL is wrapping up a rebuild. With that in mind he has really focused in on meditating and mindfulness in order to keep him focused on his specific day to day tasks in order to bring the four star cup back to Las Vegas. Last season NBB suffered a brutal defeat to an overlooked STL team. With that in mind it is important for Chopper to pay attention to the little details in his game. When he does lose he decides to put in more work and hits the gym so that next season he can look better. He also reviews the game tape from the playoffs with a private coach in order to get advice on how to improve his play.

160+ words

Written option 2:

With so few players actually winning the championship, the odds are high that Spaceman Spiff and the Ottawa Highlanders are eliminated at some point. In the same train of thought, their opponents are also highly likely to be eliminated sooner rather than later. So why not now? There is a 50/50 chance it's the other team's time to lose. This actually takes the pressure off him to a certain extent. There still is pressure but in Spiff's mind the pressure is on the other team and he can go out, play his game to the best of his ability and make it happen. When it turns out that it is Spiff's team's turn to be eliminated, he takes a moment to let the sting of the loss settle in and then shake it off. Next season is around the corner, and next season has better odds than the recent loss. Remember the loss, learn from it, and make sure it's the other team next season.

Code:
166 words

[Image: tcMCGba.png]

Option 2: In Nor current position, he doesn’t feel much pressure going into this year’s playoffs. The Citadelles finished 13th in the league during the regular season, which means there is not a lot of pressure on the team to perform during these playoffs, because they are expected to go out during the first round of the playoffs. Nor will simply go out there playing as hard as he can et have as much fun as he can get from playing the sport he loves. While he hates to lose, he understands that because of the cycle pattern of junior hockey, you will inevitably have harder years while you play at this level. Since Nor won the Four Star Cup with Quebec City two seasons ago, he already accomplished his main SMJHL objective which was to win a league title, he doesn’t feel the pressure he would have if he had not already done it. Nor hates playing golf, which seems popular with the other hockey players he knows, so he simply does his own thing.

174 words

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Losing in the playoff is unexcusable and not acceptable in Louis Belanger's house. You see, some players are okay with losing and show less passion, but thats not the case for Louis. When he loses, he goes full berserk and destroys everything on his path. Just ask poor @HillsHaveHats the last time he tried to get in the way. Oliver was trying to tie his shoe in the middle of the hallway. You see Oliver doesn't always think after games, he has problems in his head and losing only increases the problems. Since Louis doesn't accept defeat, he sometimes has to to wack Oliver in the head to wake him up figuratively. On the very rare occasion that Louis would lose in the playoffs and be eliminated, he takes a very long walk on the beach to calm his mind and accept that he will have one less cup in his trophy case.

I would say I have a small advantage. With the Cup Wins in my family of the SHL Past I know sometimes you need to be patience and you need also luck with the roster you are on. So is the roster in the win or rebuild mode. My dad Chris McZehrl Sr. won 2 Challenge Cups and this were also the very first ones of those franchises. My uncle VLAD won 3 cups with three different teams. He also won his first cup a rookie and scored the very last two goals in the playoffs for the dragons in Season 27. For Manhattan in Season 34 and Winnipeg in Season 37 VLAD was the superstar of those teams and helped them to win the cup. With Manhattan they build up the team for the cup run but for Calgary and Winnipeg they were already contenders. my cousin GOD won the cup with Buffalo and this was also the first of the franchise. VLAD also won with Vancouver the Four Star Cup and GOD with St.Louis. They told me a lot about perfect timing and with that many of luck. You can easliy end up on a golden era of a franchise but never win the cup with them. So yeah important is to give always everything you have to help the team so good you can and then you only can wait and look how far you come in the playoffs. In the end my family members told me how nice the feeling is to win those cups. The Lockerrooms exploded and especially on this cup wins after it was the very first of those franchises. But Chris McZehrl Jr. my brother told me also the opposite. Working hard for the dream but Texas was more in a rebuild mode at the beginning and this way took more seasons as expected so in his prime the Renegades came slowly out of the rebuild and his time was nearly up to be on the top level to help the team. He still did help the Renegades so good he can but only as low card player. My brother hope that i can win for him a cup with Texas.

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Option 2:

At this point in Marcel Beck's career, he is happy to bask in the playoff light, however long or short that may be. He knows that his time is drawing short, so he tries to make the most of each opportunity. He has climbed that playoff mountain many times in his career - playing almost as many postseason games as anyone - and once had a dance with destiny. He also recognizes that the glory days are in the rear view mirror, so any fantasies about long cup runs are locked securely away in the reality chest. He still tries his best - chasing records is his current goal - and wants to give his teammates (especially the younger ones) a chance to experience the playoffs as he did in the past. It's always fun being on the ice, no matter what, and if he packs his bags early in the postseason, it just means more R and R for his weary bones.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

ISFL affiliate

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

Option 1

Luca has always been a team player. He will do whatever the team needs him to do. Need a goal? If I cannot score it, I can assist it. Need to up the physical play? Luca has no problem playing the body. This does not change during the playoffs. If anything, Luca tries harder to be the best he can be in whatever role the team needs him to play. One of the main things Luca tries to do is get in front of the net to screen the goalie and look for a nice tip in. If not there, you can find Luca going to the corners battling it out with the best of them. Luca has always been good at staying focused during the game. Yes, the fans deserve a lot of credit for rooting for the team, but Luca knows his team needs to be in the game to give them something to cheer for. That alone drives Luca to stay focused on the task at hand, whatever that task may be.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Written Option 2:
My player is super calm about losing in the playoffs. He understands that only one team can win every year and that isn't always going to be the team he is on. That does not mean that he doesn't give it his all on the ice, just simply that losing is what it is and not every team can win every game. Of course, he would much rather win, like everybody else, but sometimes that just isnt the case and it can be important to lose and learn to deal with losing as well. He tries to remain focused on the task at hand, by hitting the gym and practicing more often after eliminations. The only way to not lose is to be better and that's exactly what he has in mind after dealing with such a loss. My player also loves other sports like golf and basketball as well, so in the offseason when he isnt working out or trying to get better for his hockey career, he can pretty likely be found on the golf course or at the local gym playing some pickup ball.

[Image: Sr1Fcwu.png]