Create Account

S78 PT #5: Playoff Woahs and Woes Due: Sunday, September 15th @ 11:59 PM PST

Prompt 1

The Baltimore Platoon’s M’Baku Olubori thinks this question is stupid. He likely would use his linebacker-esque frame to intimidate any teammate who suggested being flashy to get a crowd reaction during a playoff game. He fully understands he only has so many seasons he can play before he can’t keep up with the pace of the game, so every playoff game is special, valuable, and important. That urgency drives him and his teammates to play hard and elevate their game come playoff time. No one (and I mean no one) is above the team. When a former Platoon player made some harsh comments in the locker room after their Game 5 loss in the S76 Challenge Cup Finals, Baku stood up for the team and let that player know selfish play and self-centered thoughts won’t fly here. So far these playoffs, the Platoon are showing they can grit out tough wins, and are hopeful this could be their year. Every game matters, every second counts, so the team stays dialed in to try to win that ever elusive championship.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2024, 09:24 AM by OVOXO. Edited 2 times in total.)

Graphic Option #2

https://imgur.com/a/kydc2iF

[Image: JCTuHTM.png]

[Image: elliot-alderson-spotlight.png]
Credit: xjoverax

Option 2:

Well, in the Simulation Hockey League or in any sport in general, losing is apart of the game as only one team can win, so generally speaking everyone must be able to handle losing or else they should not be playing. In terms of Sad Ketchup, his experience in the Simulation Hockey League so far has been a lot of losing, but also winning as the team grows stronger. His playoff experience in the Simulation Hockey League is not a lot, so it will be interesting to see the future if and when the Chicago Syndicate become a strong team in the league. In the SMJHL, Sad Ketchup got to experience both the highs of winning, and the lows of losing in the playoffs. Sad Ketchup is a realist and knows its a part of the game, but may handle losing badly at the beginning, but eventually get over it. Some players are so used to losing that it can negatively impact their game which so far Sad Ketchup had avoided thus far into his career.

165 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Written Option 1:

Weston Windsor tends to be a fairly low-key player, whether it's in his celebrations, his post-game interviews, or even in the locker room. For his part, he tries to block out the sound of the crowd and focus on the game unfolding before him. This can make him look a little meek to some fans, and perhaps even some teammates, who are more used to showy displays and fireworks from players at his age. But, that's just how he is and he doesn't have much inclination to change.

The idea of setting up a play purely for crowd enjoyment would be alien to Weston: to him, that's something for All-Star games, skills competitions, or the Harlem Globetrotters, not real competition. Every shift on the ice is a crucial piece of completing the puzzle of a full game, and you never really have an opportunity to showboat. You just think you do, until it comes back to bite you.

So, it's all about focus -- and to stay focused, he just tries to lock in. The same pre-game playlist every game, the same rituals during warm-up, and that same attempt to lock out the crowd. The game is the same whether it's the first game of the pre-season or game seven in the play-offs: as long as he can remind himself of that, he can do his best to ensure that he plays his best. The right play is the right play.

[Image: hqBRlWW.png]
Berserkers Blizzard Usa

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Written 2.
Well it has been a lot of practice dealing with defeat. Breaking the 4th wall for a minute here it has been an entire career, and well on the way through a second career. To add salt to the wound Philly won the season right before I came up with Barca, and I think WKP was in the final the season before I came up with Krash. They had quite the good run before his time and then the team was plunged into darkness for quite a while. Honestly losing sucks, but the worst seems to be when there isn't hope that things are going the right way. Losing out this season in the first round is just brutal, and I do need to take some time to gather my thoughts. Go to my cabin and saze about in the sauna for a while. I don't know what to do in the future, but I do think for now in the immediate time frame I need some boozing and turning off sports.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

You know everyone always wants those big moments that make everyone love the game and get out of their seat, however I am someone who admires the pass more than the goal. Don’t get me wrong, everyone loves the beautiful goal – and I love scoring them too – but sometimes little details like a great pass go unnoticed. There are plenty of times where I see, or make, nice passes and only the guys on the ice/bench notice. The fans don’t always see the tiny details in such a fast game, but that’s what I enjoy.

I have made countless passes that are timed perfectly, go through a players legs or perfectly separate defenders sticks and that makes it so much better for me. I love seeing that create an opportunity and that’s what I play for. On the defensive side of things too, little details make the difference, something such as being in the right position. Nobody will be in awe of that, but when I know it creates an opportunity and sends the puck the opposite direction, that’s what makes me love what I do.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Written Option 2:

Ville Sato-Maki having won the Four Star Cup in his first year knows the hardwork it takes for the team to win the Four Star Cup. For Sato-Maki, he has done this so often, in a sense that he has played so many key games in his short career thus far, to make it so that he is less rattled by these big moments. Of course there are a bit of nerves coming in, but after a bit of hyping up and self confidence pep talks, once Ville hits the ice you know his head is clear and all settled. Now loss in the playoffs is not ideal, but with the mentality of a veteran, Ville Sato-Maki sits down after losses and tries not to dwell on it. However, after being outed in the playoffs Sato-Maki definitely needs about a week to get his head back on straight before just enjoying the off-season with friends and family.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

(Option 2)

Johnny FourStar does not like to lose. When you put as much blood and sweat into this game as Johnny does, losing just feels like the worst thing in the world. And winning often comes down to the smallest things. So if we're going to compete, Johnny is going to do everything he can to ensure that he is the winner. But despite our best efforts, sometimes we just come up short. Johnny lives his life by one rule, don't ever leave a doubt that you could have done more. As long as he follows that creed, then Johnny can stomach even the closest of defeats. When defeated, Johnny looks to see what could have been done better. Was there more preparation that could have prevented defeat? Is there anything we can do in the future to make it less likely to experience defeat? By looking into the details of the situation, Johnny gets better, and getting better and knowing he has a better chance at victory next time is what helps Johnny deal with the losses and defeats in his career.

(182)

Written Option 2

Agent Tesla: Okay so Dave I think that this is an easy question for us given our history. How do you handle the fact that the odds of winning the Four Star cup are so slim in any given season?

Dave Heinrich: Excuse me?

Agent Tesla: Well only one team can be champions and so how do you handle that when looking down the barrel of a loss?

Dave Heinrich: Well given the horrors that my agent put me through when they recruited me to this league the whole whether we succeed in the playoffs or not thing really does not compare when it comes to mental strain.

Agent Tesla: Fair enough. Well then I am guessing you also take the losses well when they do inevitably come?

Dave Heinrich: You have to in sports; you cannot allow yourself to collapse under the pressure if you want to have a chance to win it all next season. Whether we win it all or go winless you have to be ready to compete all the same.

Agent Tesla: A good mentality to have I would say. What do you all do after a loss?

Dave Heinrich: I think how we handle that is our secret to keep.

Agent Tesla: I won't press then. Thanks for your time Dave.

Dave Heinrich: You own it so no problem.

Code:
Word Count: 225

I think the pressure of losing is big, but with where Seattle is in the rebuild I think the worry right now is not letting the LACK of pressure go to your head permanently. This season with all of our youth we were just excited to make it to the showdown, even with drawing the top seed in the West we're super happy to just be there so early on. That being said you can't let the lack of expectation become a fixture in your head. Yes the fans loved to see us back in the post season, and no we were not expected to beat LAP, but we played hard and nearly took a game off them. That being said next season we're hoping to come into the playoffs a little hotter with a bit more skill and a bit more experience. We can't "just be happy to be there" any more, we've got to get into win mode as soon as we possibly can. So I think for us we have to shake off this sweep, even though it was an expected one, and raise our expectations on ourselves right away so that we don't get too complacent.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=66ec5e74&is=66eb0cf4&hm=61...8d73302d2&]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2024, 08:14 PM by Stamkos Is My Dad. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 1:

The pressure to make the playoffs is an interesting beast. Every season Zeus Storm goes into it expecting to make the playoffs but that doesn't mean it is a give, in fact is anything but certain. There are so many aspects to play into making the playoffs or not and every season has varying amounts of pressure. So far in the early career for Zeus he has made the playoffs in both seasons while being one of the main play maker and scoring threats on the Colorado Raptors. In season one it did not end well as they were quickly bounced from the playoffs. In that offseason Zeus took a few weeks away from the ice to rest, relax, and do anything but train for hockey. That has led to another season of making the playoffs where the Raptors are currently in a major deficit facing another ousting from the playoffs, this time at the hands of Detroit. The pressure is immense and you can tell Zeus and the Raptors are pressing each and every possession not wanting to let another season go to waste. How will it turn out? We will find out.

195 words

[Image: zeus-stom-draft-night.png]

When asked after game four if wolf tries to impress the fans during game time, he gave a fairly surprising answer. It seemed like there’s a lot of mixed potions going on to how he plays the game and this is what he had to say about it.

“ It all kind of depends on the game. Don’t say I necessarily try to impress anybody, but I certainly do like to put on a show and hype up the fans. This could be a slick little move in the offensive zone, big play, big hit, or some rough stuff in front of the net, or even just wicked celebrations after. I really love skating up and banging on the glass. It really gets the fans going and it’s interactive. These playoffs have been fairly tough for me and I always seem to slow down during playoffs. My regular season career has been pretty damn OK but I need to figure that out for the playoffs. maybe a little more showboating and showing off to the fans to hype them up will do me some good “

After the interview, he shook our hands, gave us a little salute and thanked us for the interview. He said he looks forward to the rest of his career and giving the fans a lot to be excited about.

Graphic Option 2: Draw your player doing their favourite offseason activity.

[Image: l62rSI7.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2024, 11:16 PM by Shiamus.)

Graphic Option #1 - Lily draws up the around the world shot, where she uses her overwhelming power to shoot the puck back towards her side of the field, careening off of the side of the rink, vaulting up into the air all the way to the other side of the rink, and bouncing back off the back of the rink right into the waiting arms of her teammate.    

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]