Create Account

S78 PT #5: Playoff Woahs and Woes Due: Sunday, September 15th @ 11:59 PM PST

Oh yeah, you got to try to go out there and give the crowd what they want. They pay to see some excitement. I try to win at all costs, and if that means playing the body, I’ll do it. You gotta give it your all, all season long but in the playoffs, that’s when you really put your body on the line so you can get the wins. It’s difficult but somehow we all make it out of the playoffs with injuries (knock on wood). We’ve been fortunate to not have any injuries since the start of my career. As for focus during intense games, it takes a lot of breathing exercises to get you to that point. You have to really calm your breathing and your mind. Doing this can get you ready for games. Then once you’re in the game, it’s all bets off. Your heart is beating like it’s going to explode out of your chest.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Jarrod Lakemore is a pretty stoic player, and though he of course feels the energy of the playoffs as much as anyone else, Lakemore never lets it affect his play too much. While plenty of other players out there say they like to "turn it up a notch" come playoff time, the fact is, Lakemore fully believes in giving it his best effort in all games, and thus his intensity level is just as high in the regular season as it is in the playoffs. Lakemore does appreciate that his teammates do seem to take things to another level in the playoffs but he always felt it is simply them bringing up their energy to match his level. He certainly appreciates that his teammates seem to take things more seriously, as players discuss tactics and plays more between shifts and focus more on how to bring out their best on the ice rather than goofing off and joshing around on the bench. But ultimately Lakemore hopes his high energy play throughout the regular season has already set the standard that is needed come playoff time, and hopes his teammates can match it. (192 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Written option 1

Jaromir Jagrbomb has always valued playoff hockey very highly, and every season he aims at being at his best form when the playoffs start. He's always able to step up his game in the playoffs and in general play more aggressive and with an edge, especially when his team does not have puck posession. With the puck, his game does not really change, despite maybe playing a bit more straightforward and trying to shoot a bit more. But whenever battling for the puck or having a chance to lay a big hit, Jagrbomb wants to give his absolute best and make a play that rattles the opponent and gets his team and the crowd going. He sees that the effect of "statement plays" like that is so big, that they're worth it even if there's a risk of it backfiring. Also in the offensive side, if there's a chance to do a huge slapshot or a one-timer, he opts for the heavy shot way more often than in the regular season, as he also wants go ensure the opponents get bruises from trying to block the shots.

[Image: sulov.gif]

As someone who has 3rd pairing minutes, I don't let the pressure get to me. We win as a team in New England, and we lose as a team as well. I've only been in the majors for 2 seasons, and we won once and lost once so honestly since we have that one win, I'm okay with the Loss this year. It isn't like we could win every year, right? Plus it also helps that my current team is poised to be competitive for the long run. We are most likely at the end of Olofs stellar run as he sunsets into retirement, but g2019 is going to pick up the slack.

I won't lie, our first round elimination hurts, but the team did well and we should be proud. I lead the team in Blocked shots, and everybody laid it all put on the ice.

Watch out for NEW next season.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

The stakes get higher and higher every game, and playoff hockey is just as much about psychology as it is about the hockey games themselves. Every game your job is to convince yourself and your teammates that you have the series under control, and to convince your opponent that they don't. And so when you overpower an opponent in a game, you push the scales a little more in your favour. So of course Olivija Agate puts on a show, but it's never about her. It's about doing her part to convince everyone that the Argonauts have the series under control. Sometimes it isn't even about the action itself, but the flair behind it. Knowing how to dress up a simple play to look like a harder one is huge for this sort of thing. A head fake on a simple dump and chase. A quick spin to dodge an opponents check, waiving your stick around in the air waiting for a routine one-timer. It gets the people going, even if it's just an everyday play.

Written option 1:

Niclas Sundqvist loves putting flair on his game, but not through being technically skilled. There is nothing special about his passing, deking or shooting. He simply looks for the easy play. The defence is however a very different story. He always has an eye out for *that* hit. Something that makes the opponents fly, stop or crash. If glass breaks or multiple opponents get stuck in the chaos, the better. Of course, during playoffs the balance is difficult to find. On one hand, the flair helps to get into the opponent's heads and raise morale for the team. On the other hand, the easy play is likely to bring better advantages - sticking to basics means plays are less risky. The balance is difficult to find, especially as if the flair is too high during the regular season, many will be disappointed by the lack of flair in the playoffs to play safe. The focus is on making a standard and holding it, no matter what kind of game is played that night.

[172 words]

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Option 2

For Wingmate Roc, this season he was traded to a team that needed a #1 Center, of course, being more of a natural winger, Wingmate Roc did not really perform up to snuff, not doing badly, but not being that top guy in the league that would transform your offense, but maybe still in the running for a most improved kind of prize. This playoffs, he really wanted to win and he could feel his team winning and winning but there was a moment where the universe seemed to glitch and suddenly the Nevada Battleborn were on the backfoot and ended up losing somehow. As this is his last season in the SMJHL, Wingmate Roc fell into a depressive fugue. He hasn't performed as he should, missed a bunch of TPE tasks, and is now just aging out of a league where he got picked in the second round. Hopefully good things await, but even his SHL team has died in the playoffs.

written #1

Celeste's only change come playoffs is that they try to pick it up and move faster. They'd like to be known as a player who can rise to the occasion and meet the stresses and pressures of the playoffs head on, and to them that means moving faster, thinking faster, doing faster. The regular season is a long haul, so they try their best to pace themself, but the playoffs are a blitz, hard and fast and harsh, and if you can out-move the skaters on the other team to create more opportunities, you've got a better chance at going further. Of course, they're rusty at all of this now after two seasons on the outside of the postseason and an early trip home, but they're hopeful that that won't be an ongoing pattern in the near future. All they can do for now is train, working toward keeping up their speed for the next time they get a shot at playoffs.

[162 words]

[Image: skyrrhawk.gif]

[Image: dVpWhQ9.png]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

ISFL affiliate

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Option 1:
The playoffs are not the time for showing off. The playoffs are the time to make the smart plays that lead to goals, and to win. Shadow Fenix, unfortunately, does not live by that mantra, and attempted to do a reverse upside down michigan style goal in the playoffs. Needless to say, there's a reason that the Seattle Argonauts were eliminated in four games in the first round of playoffs. Fenix's coaches slapped him on the head after that one.

So now that it's the offseason, Shadow Fenix is trying to figure out a way to do fancy plays that at the same time are smart plays. He wants to 'wow' the crowd, but at the same time, he wants to win games. It's a little unclear what he's cooking up, but rumors are he took a boat out onto the waters of Seattle, and hasn't been seen since. We'll have to wait until next playoffs to see...

Written option #1
The playoffs, this is what every player aims for. When the world is on your shoulders you want to be the person who steps up to the plate and saves the day or pushes your team to greatness. We all strive to be the best and Tibuk is no exception to the rule. Through his minor hockey and junior years it was Tibuk who was always able to elevate his game and be the difference maker. Now The Tampa Bay is set to make a deep playoff push I think we are about to see those qualities emerge at the highest level of play. But it won't just be Tibuk, the entire Tampa Bay team is popping right now and right now it is hard to see a situation where they can be stopped from reaching their ultimate goal. Different levels of play have their own challenges but I think this is the season we see Tampa explode back onto the scene

162 words

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 2

Expectations are really low for Seattle at the moment which is not a bad thing for sophomore goaltender Henri Losanov. In fact they were not expected to make the playoffs but secured the last spot with a few games remaining and they also got the over. They faced the President Trophy Team the Los Angeles Panthers and lost in four. Besides one game, it wasn't close at all like expected but there is only positive out of this season as the young team will get better and better and should not miss the playoffs for the next decade. Still, Henri knows he wasn't good enough and getting outgoalied by that much hurts a bit. Like every off seasons, he will take some time out before resuming his training. Henri isn't much of a golfer but instead a soccer player. He loves getting back home and play with his old friends after the season ending.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Playoff time has never been the time to play pretty. In fact, I have found that it is just the opposite. When the regular season ends and we get to the real hockey, it is critically important to make the “right” play over the flashy play. As a defenseman, my teammates count on me to be in the right position AND always ready to keep the other team from getting a scoring chance. In the playoffs, we have so much less time to make the cute play because every other player on the ice is giving everything that they have every shift. Most of the fans understand that some of the things that we can get away with during the regular season simply will not fly when you get to the games that matter. Think about it, how many times have you seen a cutsie goal like a Michigan during a playoff game? You almost never do. Because at the highest level, and during the games that matter the most, professionals are trying to get the job done…not make the highlight reel.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig