Create Account

S78 SMJHL PT #6 - One Season at a Time Due: Sunday, September 22nd @ 11:59 PM PST

First SMJHL season in the books for the HISTORIC first pick in Walleye franchise history. I think it went decently well, up to my expectation considering my earning efforts which admittedly haven't been great. Giraffe posted a season statline of 14 goals, 28 assists and 42 points, although most of his production came at even strength which looks to be a good sign as he earns more TPE, trains in the offseason and gets more icetime in his veteran J seasons. Honestly since I haven't been paying much attention I'd add the highlight of the season was of course being the first pick in Walleye history. As Giraffe sat in the bleachers at the draft he was anxiously waiting so when the Walleye, decked out in their purple and gold were waiting, a rushing wave of relief was delivered to Giraffe as his name was called. Looking forward to the next 3 seasons in the J

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

I think Marineau can be very proud of what he accomplished in his first season with the Colorado Raptors. In 66 games, Marineau was able to contribute 18 goals and 29 assists, combining for 47 points. I believe that to be a very respectable season for a rookie player playing on the third line. He also contributed with 68 takeaways, 45 hits, and 31 blocked shots. However, his first taste of playoff hockey didn't go so well, as he only had 1 goal and 4 assists in 13 games. It's only normal for such a young player to have these kind of performances in his first year. I didn't have any expectations going into the season, my main goal was to improve my player attributes but with that being said, I'm quite happy with the outcome individually. I still have a lot to improve on next season, which I will be working on during the off-season. I will be working on my shooting abilities, as my 9.5% shooting percentage can improve next season. I also want to work on keeping the puck more as 63 giveaways was pretty high for my rookie campaign. I also will be working on my face-offs and getting better and winning them more. Going into my second season, I want to be someone who is more reliable for his team and can get a chance to dominate on the power play.

[236 words]

[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

For Ima Noobie, there was some upside and some downside for his first season in the J.

The upside for Noobie was the improvement as a hockey player. Coming into the season with no direction, Noobie received coaching and areas to work on. He was given a direction for his career and slowly was developing skills that could make him a better all-around hockey player.

Noobie never concerned himself with personal stats. He knew he was not going to be a league or team leader in any of the points, goals or assists. So, his personal numbers were not a concern in his first season in the J.

The downside for Noobie was the team record and the first-round exit in the playoffs.

The entire Newfoundland team had hoped to perform much better than it did in the regular season and the playoffs. A woeful road record (10-23) dropped the Berzerkers below .500 overall and sent them into the 6th seed in the Northern Conference and then a Round One defeat to Yukon. This was not what Noobie was hoping for.

But he is ready to do some work in the offseason and be an even better player in his second season in the J.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2024, 12:41 PM by FingolfinandRingil. Edited 1 time in total.)

Levon Dojkic's first season in the SMJHL was full ups and downs, and was all together an incredible learning experience. Having missed the draft, he missed the first 12 games of the season, before being signed by Seany and the Vancouver Whalers.

Levon played 54 games, and finished with 8 goals, 15 assists, and 23 points, while being -6 on the season, and averaging 15 minutes of ice time a game. Playing on the third line with rookie Dominic Enselmo and three year veteran Tank Sharky was a huge privilege, and the three combined for 85 points. Levon recorded several two point nights, but never being able to reach that three point game.

Vancouver had a disappointing season, with a speedy exit to Great Falls in the first round of the playoffs, But Levon knows that with several key players departing for the SHL, that a higher line and more ice time will be headed his way as he enters season 79.

163 words

Chuck Lumbermouth's first season in the SMJHL started off slow, but once he found his rhythm the goals came in bunches. Playing alongside two other phenomenal rookies, Chuck was able to secure his place as the top rookie goal scorer in the league this season with 33 goals. Adding 26 apples as well gives Chuck a grand total of 59pts in 66 games, a solid total for a rookie. His defensive game is a work in progress, finishing at -2, but when he was on the ice his team shot well and often. He wasn't afraid to throw his body around either, finishing second place on his team in hits with 130. While this is nowhere near the top of the league, its a solid mark for someone value more for his shooting than anything else. 22 of Chuck's 59 points came on the powerplay this season, showcasing a knack for driving offense with the man advantage. Look for Chuck to improve in year two and climb the ranks of the SMJHL leader boards.

As far as Jimbob Ghostkeeper is concerned, being drafted at all was his glorious moment of the season. After quietly exploring and getting used to the workings in the SHL pre-draft, he had a few conversations with different teams and ended up being drafted in the 3rd round. My expectations for him were fairly low, and coming in as a bright eyed rookie he definitely surpassed them to me. He put up a very respectable 18 goals and 29 assists totaling for 47 points in the regular season. As both someone brand new to the league and a defensive forward, this seems like a good outcome to me. In the playoffs, he's got 3 goals and 7 assists in 14 games (so far!). I didn't quite expect him to be as effective in his role as he was, and my expectations moving forward are to just add to that. He had finished the regular season with a 68 DGR, and that's something I'd like to improve on for him. If he can end up putting up 20-30-50 while moving up to the low 70s in his overall DGR then I'll consider next season a success. I'm not sure how realistic that is, but time will tell!

Tip Toasty was happy with how the season started. He was near the top of Thunder Bay’s scoring for the first half of the season, both in terms of goals and points.
Defensively, Toasty hoped for a lot more from the start. Scoring slowed down as the season went on, however, leaving the rookie frustrated.
For someone who spoke so much about the importance of defense, it just never materialized on that end of the ice. Plus/munus, Corsi, and Fenwick were all fairly disappointing over the course of the season.
The future for toasty holds a lot of defensive drills and physicality training to help back up the decently promising rookie season on offense. Finding his role with teammates will also see an increase in future stats. Toasty played on the top line in the playoffs, cashing in on some of the promise shown during the regular season, which hopefully sets the tone for season 2.

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: Darby-Reznor-black-and-white-sig.jpg]
[Image: Darby-Reznor-MET-sig.jpg]

As a complete newbie coming into this world the community was very refreshing. Everyone was very helpful and kind, It was very enjoyable to sit in the locker room and mess with everyone. That being said Earls performance absolutely exceeded my expectation. I did not anticipate him doing as well as he did. But his season should thank his GM for the huge roll he was put in. Some games were bad, some games were good. I thought his physical side was lacking but he did quite well offensively. putting up 36 points in 66 games is an impressive feat for a rookie season. aside from having a decent rookie season his post season points were quite promising as well. putting up 17 points in 19 games. Earl seems to operate better under pressure and that is mighty impressive for a rookie post season. Earl is ready to see what the coming seasons bring and wants to become a Two-way defensive menace.

[Image: xMZsRxn.jpeg]

Anthony Louchard came in this league without any expectations, but that quickly changed as soon as the season started. The Maine started very strong and so the expectations started growing because we knew what was possible this season for our group. As a rookie, you always want to produce and be as effective as possible without taking the space of the veterans. Anthony started strong point-wise and kept the production all year long. As he finished 2nd in rookie scoring with 60 pts in 66 games, he was more than happy with the point production. As a center, he also was happy about his FO% and his defensive game rating. Anthony will need to improve in all areas next year in order to keep his path to success. For him, defense is as important as offence. There will also be a couple of spots on the first 2 lines next year with a couple of veterans that will be graduating. The most glorious moment individually this year might have to be his first ever goal or first 3-point game. As a group, when we knew we would win the regular season, that was a great moment as a rookie. 

Go TIMBER  Timber

(216 words)

Lucas Snyder declared for the draft without big expectations, but after being drafted to the Timber and watching their quick glory and success in the regular season he knew something big was coming this playoffs. Big commitment to the game and putting effort in day and night brought not only him but his entire team to an incredible season and he is extremely excited for the future. He way exceeded his self expectations for his own performance as an offense-oriented Dman, and he commends his coaches and teammates around him for bringing him to where he is today. Lucas continues to fight on the ice and the Timber season is yet to end as they head to the SMJHL playoff finals, and Lucas has high hopes for that too. His rookie season and their playoff run will be one to remember, and Lucas Snyder will truly never forget the Maine Timber.

For me personally, as JustHereToLeave, I'm happy of the effort I put in and how it paid off. I've played for the Timber on two different occasions now, and over my 3 different players I have one a cup on each of them. I feel nice believing there is some sort of lucky aura over my head. But actually, thank you to SouthPaw and all of my other coaches and my great teammates for doing this this season. Go Timber.

[Image: vD9tNHl.png]
[Image: NxGs7eU.png]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: LHqSNXO.png]
sig by @enigmaticyou belong sticker by @sve7en. the sig is NOW PERFECT BECAUSE I DIDN'T MAKE IT.
(This post was last modified: 10 hours ago by Fantobens. Edited 1 time in total.)

Yeah even though we were disappointed in the playoffs I think we had a good season you know.  Overall I performed amazing this season.  I set the expectation to give it my all and not get benched or injured.  I didn’t. I had 17 goals and 38 assists. To improve for next season I’ll take more training in center position and lll work on blocking shots. The most glorious moments I had were in the playoffs.  I logged the most goals of any team 14 in the playoffs and the most assists 13.  My parents said I should probably be rookie of the year.  We will see what the leagues says.  In the offseason I’m gonna spend lots of time fishing and swimming.  When the new season starts I hope to be utilized on the power play and the penalty kill. If coach wants me to be back up goalie I’d do that too!

[Image: HqPCLbj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]

I mean my season is still going cause we made the finals but yeah it 100% did. I wanted to be on 1 of the respectable minors teams and I got lucky enough to be a steal for them as I will do the full minors only career with them and this season I have been a back up goalie cause I was fine if I am that throughout the time. It has been chill, no toxicity and nothing but good vibes this season and that is how I entered this league and that is how I will leave it in like 2-4 seasons. I dunno how long they are now but still you get the picture.

I guess the highlight is the Yukon comeback from 0-2 down or dicking the 1st 2 teams in the playoffs. I have not really followed the stats or regular season but that is impressive stuff by our GMs so they should be very proud of the team they're cooking.

[169 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Jason Bourne has a pretty solid Rookie season for the Newfoundland Berserkers.  Getting thrown onto the second line along side Junior Veterans like Connor McDusty and Hannah Crowder, Jason Bourne was tasked with a few more minutes than some of his fellow Rookie Berserkers. 

Jason finished the season with 17 Goals and 25 Assists, for a total of 42 Points as a Rookie.  This would be on the upper half for Rookies, but no where near the top of the rest of his class.  This was also mirrored in the Berserkers’ overall record being 30-33-3, an average season, but with this young core that is only growing stronger in the next two seasons, it’s showing the improvement expected with the way this team has been set up.

Next season we will hopefully make a push for the top half of our Conference in standings, have a deep playoff run, and get one of our older players into the mix for the Raymond Lindsay Award.

Quote:164 words

[Image: iG4vpsb.jpeg]
Credit to @Symmetrik
[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]