Create Account

Poll: Do you enjoy mock draft for TPE
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
23.81%
15 23.81%
No
76.19%
48 76.19%
Total 63 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you enjoy mock draft for tpe?

I understand the enjoyment of trying to figure out who goes where, but i found in recent season i had more of a dishearten feeling toward the mock than anything else. At first, it used to be a bit more about disinterest of trying to get people talking to the users, but a lot of the gm prefer to keep their cards close to their chest, and i understand that. I found that this activity often end up being about trying to get a last minute task if you want to maximise your gain and you need to find who to trust. This is without counting the number of people just putting whatever to get the task done. I appreciated the recent effort of trying new method for mocking, with the new top 10, it helped make it a bit more casual. I however still find it quite annoying when you know there's stuff going behind the scene and everyone *tries* to keep it secret but half don't and you end up with a lot of mixed information. I don't blame anyone to try to keep the big trade secret as it's more fun for the user to see it going on live, and i would prefer we find a way to encourage those move than seeing them as 'welp there goes my TPE'.

I know other leagues give money for the mock, which still create an excitement for the whole draft, while having a lower impact on earning. I know the other argument we hear a lot is that we don't want to give out more TPE than we should to avoid inflation, but this could be easily worked on what is a good number if we compare a lot of previous mock's result. As of right now, i feel this is just overall hurting the community as a whole exepts the few chosen who manage to get most of the information.

What are your thoughts about it ? how could this be fixed ?

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Mocks for money are fun. Mocks for tpe make leaking trades and scouting info almost mandatory, and if you don't have the connections needed to get that info you lose tpe. Adding the top 10 option was a great move in the right direction, but I'd be happy to see mocks go away entirely, or give tpe for participation but only money for accuracy.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

for me it is like tradition! it is mostly the first TPE task you have to do any season. We have some here they started before I arrived but yeah after 12 years being on this league for me it is just The Tradition of Start of the Season.

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

As a GM, kinda hate them. Would love people to just be able to enjoy the surprise.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

I've only been around one season, but as a task it sucks. I am fortunate and know people who know people, but is that really a good spot for a task to be in? Where I am waiting for someone else to solve it because I can't, at least not reliably? Making accuracy grant money is the solution I'd go for, makes the task less annoying and helps some of the money issues us newer players are going to run into.

09-30-2024, 10:38 AMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: As a GM, kinda hate them. Would love people to just be able to enjoy the surprise.

Yep, and I disliked getting multiple PMs each season asking for leaks. I think having a TPE event centered around the draft is still a good idea, but I think we've just come so far from the original spirit of the mock draft task.

[Image: Z21MZ56.jpg]
Highlanders Highlanders

Highlanders Specters Usa

If trades and draft leaks are frowned upon then I don't see the point of the mock draft for TPE. The entire task the way it is set up now essentially forces people to leak information that both GM's and HO don't want leaked. It also benefits users that have access to war rooms and more connections over new users that are just getting acquainted with the site. It doesn't make any sense.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

09-30-2024, 10:21 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: for me it is like tradition! it is mostly the first TPE task you have to do any season. We have some here they started before I arrived but yeah after 12 years being on this league for me it is just The Tradition of Start of the Season.

It was also tradition to manually claim all our pt and do our regression manually. The fact it's a tradition does not mean it can't be improved in a different way and for the better. An idea i saw around to keep a lil bit of TPE linked to it would be TPE for participation + money for good answers. Wink

I really enjoy the ISFL mocks compared to the SHL, but I'm way more involved there.

I think for the SHL, the top 10 are fun too since they're unordered, but the classic where you need to get player + position feels like a crapshoot that isn't really worth it and only rewards inside baseball people which is akin to leaks. I think if it was just names that are going to go in the first round, I'd be happier with it.

Confirming it's super annoying having everyone trying to get info from you in the last 72 hours.

But also I did Top 10 this season for the first time, with no insider info, and found it pretty easy. I get the argument, but I'm not sure it really will have a huge impact.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2024, 11:24 AM by ztevans. Edited 1 time in total.)

09-30-2024, 10:48 AMTheGreatToeJam Wrote: If trades and draft leaks are frowned upon then I don't see the point of the mock draft for TPE. The entire task the way it is set up now essentially forces people to leak information that both GM's and HO don't want leaked. It also benefits users that have access to war rooms and more connections over new users that are just getting acquainted with the site. It doesn't make any sense.

Coming back from time away, this is pretty much where I land. It was just a lot of conversation and headache that I personally had no desire to get involved in, and took away from the enjoyment of simply getting drafted and finding out a new home. It also just adds a lot of unnecessary tension - people nagging GMs or scouts for info they don't want to divulge, players (especially rookies already wondering where they'll end up) trying to maximize the TPE, etc.

I won't pretend to be smart enough about the current climate to know what the replacement would be, and I know it's always annoying when someone talks about a problem without suggesting a solution. But I think everyone would be happier if we moved on from this, or made the "top 10" or an expanded version of that method the norm.

Zach Evans | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

09-30-2024, 11:24 AMztevans Wrote: Coming back from time away, this is pretty much where I land. It was just a lot of conversation and headache that I personally had no desire to get involved in, and took away from the enjoyment of simply getting drafted and finding out a new home. It also just adds a lot of unnecessary tension - people nagging GMs or scouts for info they don't want to divulge, players (especially rookies already wondering where they'll end up) trying to maximize the TPE, etc.

I won't pretend to be smart enough about the current climate to know what the replacement would be, and I know it's always annoying when someone talks about a problem without suggesting a solution. But I think everyone would be happier if we moved on from this, or made the "top 10" or an expanded version of that method the norm.

Make mPT's worth 2TPE and it works out to be the exact GM average of the mock draft. Boom, done.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

09-30-2024, 11:22 AMsve7en Wrote: Confirming it's super annoying having everyone trying to get info from you in the last 72 hours.

But also I did Top 10 this season for the first time, with no insider info, and found it pretty easy. I get the argument, but I'm not sure it really will have a huge impact.

Top 10 is easy, but wouldn't fix the issue that i see everyone mentioning as of right now: the nagging. Even top 10 would see the same results of users nagging gms to tell them who they want and if there's any trade going on, along with trusting said gms to tell the truth. I do think there could be ways to make this whole thing still enjoyable while lessening the stakes of the most intense people.

09-30-2024, 10:50 AMEvok Wrote: It was also tradition to manually claim all our pt and do our regression manually. The fact it's a tradition does not mean it can't be improved in a different way and for the better. An idea i saw around to keep a lil bit of TPE linked to it would be TPE for participation + money for good answers. Wink

good old times Smile

yeah I enjoy the new system that all is automatically as user. I also love the Portal. Damn what a nice work with this. Smile

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

09-30-2024, 10:48 AMTheGreatToeJam Wrote: If trades and draft leaks are frowned upon then I don't see the point of the mock draft for TPE. The entire task the way it is set up now essentially forces people to leak information that both GM's and HO don't want leaked. It also benefits users that have access to war rooms and more connections over new users that are just getting acquainted with the site. It doesn't make any sense.

I think part of the problem here is that a lot of this information now is being considered "leaks" when trades that are made & approved pre-draft are held back publicly to add spectacle. It's hard to find good examples but something like this trade I think would have been held to be announced at the draft (this was a week before that draft). Like I know there was a bunch of trades that were done ahead of time but simply weren't announced until the draft, which just means there's more info trying to stay hidden, and just makes extra work on the draft stream.

TPE was also removed from the mock draft, as older mocks used to be 5 for participation, meaning the random portion was less important compared to just doing it. People care way too much about getting all the exact perfect info and there's way too much pressure on getting everything right.

GMs try to hide too much, and people try to get too much info, but there's a middle ground where there's a fun task that's not really high pressure.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: symmshl.gif]