Create Account

S78 All Star Week Due: Sunday, October 6th @ 11:59 PM PST

GM pass

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

GM off season pass  Falcons

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif]

GM pass

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

SMJHL MILESTONES +2 TPE

Writing Prompt 11:

Chirping is an epidemic across the simulation hockey league. In this sickness some people find their true purpose. In a sea of disease, some swim for islands of opportunity. An example of which being... well it was very hard to find one. After reading back through several pages of this weeks chirper (which granted, just started today) - I found only a few "high effort (relative)" responses. The first one that caught my eye was from contributing member @Southie. Southie woke up this morning and decided to bring this to the table for the league: "Mental health is a real stigma in today's society. That's why the only stigma i do is stigma my balls to your face.". What exactly did he mean by this? What did this bring to the league? The world may never know. I think that Southie is a philosopher. He is beyond the scope of the average man. He is a great thinker, speaking in tongues that our lesser ears shan't understand. All I know is, his profound statement changed my day on the spot. Thank you Southie. I've submitted your quote to a Philosophical Calendar with a quote for each day. 9/30 will be yours. 

Code:
201 words - +4 TPE

Writing Prompt 13: 

Roquefort Cotswold is not most people. He does not get "exited" by the prospect of an award. To Roquefort, an award is not something that is given. A real award is taken, like a championship. Roquefort isn't here to get meaningless accolades, he's here to fill a trophy case. To bring glory back to his people. To return with his shield or upon it. However, he is still deserving of many. Too many, in fact - to the point that no existing singular award would satisfy his deservations. Thus we are left to introduce a new award: the @Fantobens award of Academic Excellence. Roquefort would be a clear front runner for this award, having achieved straight A's all throughout middle and highschool. He'd be a humble recipient, forever proud to be the first of many Fantoben's Award of Academic Excellence beneficiaries. 

Code:
140 words +2 TPE

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

GM Pass

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

gm pass

[Image: fFccrkD.png][Image: SNCAGza.png]

Code:
13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Just Hear Me Out
Most people would be exited to win an award. Make a case for your player to win an award. If you cannot make reasonable argument, even very biased one, for any award your player should receive, you are free to suggest adding a new award that your player would be competing for.

Hannah Crowder has won a team award with the Zerks for being the "Most Underrated Player". Newfoundland gave her the award because she was solid and played a huge role to the Berserkers 2nd Line. Crowder led all forwards in the SMJHL in plus/minus and led the team in game-winning goals. That was her first full season in the Js. She looks to continue this kind of momentum as she enters her 2nd full season with Newfoundland. Sources say, that one season, she'll make the SHL.

HO Pass

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 79
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

GM Pass

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

ASW Pass

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon
Co-GM - Maine Timber

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

1. Milestones +3 TPE
Dash Jackson

8. The Teammate One (129 words) +2 TPE
 As one of the newest members of the Edmonton Blizzard, i wasn't there to watch @blix900 and Luke Laraque also know as Javelin Bodine soildify himself as Edmonton's lone all star selection with a runaway team leading 62 points, 27 goals, 35 assists, Great Job Blix and Great Career! Luke will certainly make an impact on the all star game just like they've been doing for Edmonton all season long, I can make an argument for IA Kyle Letreille @Duga pretty dam good season with no one at the wheel! 2nd on the team in Goals and Points amongst other stats. Nice pickup by @HabsFanFromOntario and @Eggcracker on the cheap, Kyle was a nice complimentary piece, we wish him the best of luck and hopefully a return one day.

0. PBE Affiliate Claim +3 TPE

8/8 TPE Claimed

[Image: Screenshot-2024-09-23-182945.png][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Blizzard LD #6 Dash Jackson-Edmonton Blizzard/Yukon Malamutes Malamutes

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S78 SMJHL Milestones Claim (3 TPE)
Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag
2. 4 skaters from Los Angeles made it, should coaches try to keep them together or would you want to see things mixed up more?
3. Before last player in votes all of the East defencemen are from different teams, which pairings you would create from them?
4. Which of the goalies you would have starting for each team?
5. What can city of Tampa Bay offer to players they are hosting for All-Star games?
6. Your player decides to start a youtube channel, what kind of content they are creating?
7. What would be your starting lineup, 3 forwards, 2 defencemen and a goalie for one of the SMJHL conferences?

2. I am always for chemistry in high stake games, but in the case of the All Star Week where the game is for fun and primarily exhibition, I would love to see the coaches mix it up a little having the players play with what would be normally rivals, to see them play together in this rare occasion! (58 words)

3. For the East defencemen. I would have Philippe-Eko Eel on the first line pairing with Georg N'Zola. The second line pairing would have Jølngüštrâädüvich DuBølk and Nathaniel Barca, therefore making the third pairing Nathaniel Barca and the last man in. Not much rhyme or reason with the lines since they are all exceptional players. (54 words)

4. For the All Star West team's goaltenders Justin Time and Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz, how could you not start the Challenge Cup winning goaltender in Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz? As for the All Star East team, I would actually not go for a finals rematch in goaltending and actually start Five-Hole Sieve as they had a much better regular season. (56 words)

5. The city of Tampa Bay can offer the players a lot of access to their local attractions such as jet skiing on the water and letting them hang out on the beaches and resorts, giving them the typical luxury treatment for them. In addition, I'm sure the players would enjoy a night out in town as well, organizing food tours and night time attractions. (64 words)

6. Ville Sato-Maki starting a YouTube channel would denote a lot of self progression in things other than hockey! Whether it be learning something new like welding, or hiking or snowboarding, anything and everything that Ville would be working on to improve would be documented and shared to hopefully inspire others to do the same! (54 words)

8/8 TPE

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

HO All Star Pass

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2024, 01:55 AM by amjohnson636. Edited 2 times in total.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3571816 (SMJHL Milestones +3 TPE)

9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. We Had To Pick Someone

I'm personally okay with the current format as I think we should be making an effort to select the players who performed the best in the season. Yes, hockey is a team game and you team’s performance on the ice can have a noticeable impact when it comes to your stats. At the same time I think this allows for good players on bad teams to stand out as they are the top option. So the argument can be made that there needs to be better representation from these teams that are doing well I understand. My personal view is that these teams will have their time in the lime light so focusing on the best players right now is important as it is very rewarding for the players that have put in the effort over the course of many seasons. I think the way we have the all star game setup is proper and that we should not change it. 
(161 Words). +3 TPE

Most people would be exited to win an award. Make a case for your player to win an award. If you cannot make reasonable argument, even very biased one, for any award your player should receive, you are free to suggest adding a new award that your player would be competing for.

Okay just hear me out here, I think we should have an ongoing championship belt that is passed around in the SMJHL. Some of you may immediately object as this is a hockey league, put I would like to point out that we keep track of the winners and losers of these fights; and as a matter of fact Chopper Donquioxte has yet to lose a single fight while playing in the J. My player should be holding a championship belt above his head proudly. Hell I think he should be allowed to wear it on the ice. It is not often that a player wins multiple fights in a row, but it is even more rare to go undefeated in the SMJHL and average over 1 fight per season. (130 Words) +2 TPE

Total TPE Earned: 8
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2024, 07:35 PM by Muerto. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 1: Milestones (SMJHL)

Link to Milestones Claim : +2 TPE

8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

The Seattle Argonauts were represented at the All-Star Game by centerman Shadow Fenix. The second-year player led the team in scoring last season, notching a commendable 32 goals and 66 points in total. On a team which sometimes struggled to put the puck in the net, Fenix was a consistent contributor. He was the leader on the powerplay, scoring 13 goals and 11 assists to lead the way with the man advantage. He also added another 2 goals and 3 assists while playing on the penalty kill, showing that he was able to capitalize in all situations. Add in a 55.9% winning rate on faceoffs, and a healthy 52 takeaways and you can see that he performed very well in other areas than just offense, he is a well-rounded player. I hope he will have fun in the all-star game and maybe even get a goal or set up one to show that he belongs on the same stage as the other stars of the league!

[166 words] : +3 TPE

I believe my player AT-AT Wøllker has a reasonable chance to win the defensive defenseman award of the year for the SMJHL. In Season 78 it was his third season playing for the Great Falls Grizzlies. As a capped player, he played on the top pairing so he got lots of ice time against the top opponents every game. He had very good defensive stats which were a big contributor to the Grizzlies being the best defensive team in the entire league. The Grizzlies allowed the fewest goals against over the course of the season. Wøllker himself really shone in the advanced stats department. In fact he had the best Goals Against per 60 minutes of all players in the league, who played the entire season. With a rating of 1.8 GA/60 in a league geared towards offense, this is a great stat when you consider the league average is above 3. His Shots Against per 60 rating was also very good, 26.6 was the third best in the league. He was also ranked third in blocked shots for all players, with 232 so that shows his willingness to prevent the other team from scoring. He does get a lot of penalties but a lot of those minutes ccome from his four fights and a misconduct, he is obviously more than willing to drop the gloves and protect his teammates from bullies so that should be a plus for his consideration. There are obviously some other players that had strong seasons defensively so I can't say that Wøllker is a lock to win this award, but his play was good enough, in my humble and totally non-biased opinion, is that he should definitely be one of the nominees.

[288 words, +3 TPE]

2+3+3 = 8 TPE

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway