Create Account

S79 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread Due: Sunday, November 10th @ 11:59 PM PST

Player Name: Arvinder Singh
Position: Left Defender
Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen
-Recreates: Who was your last player? n/a
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? I found it through Reddit
Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers): mr.guy0045

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) really depends per week but I would say 15 hours in a week
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? Grill
What made you join the SHL? it Sounded cool and wanted to see how it works
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? Probably when dinosaur roamed the earth because they are pretty cool
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? Hockey
What color would your lightsaber be and why? Pink fav colour
What kind of play style are you hoping to have for your player? Playmaking defenseman
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? I'm wearing the Jersey and donating
Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? yes, One Piece TCG
What is your opinion on The French? in Hockey Terms not the biggest fan but in real life great people
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Not biggest reader
A young fish asked an old salmon, "How do you navigate the currents so well?" The salmon chuckled, "It’s just like hockey—know when to push and when to flow." What strategies do you use to navigate challenges on and off the ice? Like water gotta go with the flow
Taylor ham or Pork Roll? None
Pineapple on Pizza? Thats a No
What is your Mount Rushmore of hockey? My Rushmore is with player I grown up watching
Sid,Ovi,McDavid,Iginla
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Saint berneese they seem pretty chill and cool

Code:
Jaquavion Tavius
Left Defender
First-Gen
Found the site from my friend Vice promoting it in a discord server
looees7

SMJHL GM Questions (16 Questions)
Code:
I'm always reachable on my phone, but I have around 10 hours free to be in front of a computer
Surround it with plutonium
The concept seemed really cool to me, I love the grind aspect
The time of Jesus and see him firsthand
The NBA finals contenders and my thoughts on them
Blue, it's kind of basic but it's a fire color
Someone who gets the puck where it needs to be, stopping the other teams plays and helping my team make their own
I would not, if you have a problem with this I would love it if you reached out to me on discord for a chance to explain it, if not I understand
Don't get me started...
The Great Gatsby
Know when to fight, and know when to act right
Pork Roll
ABSOLUTELY NOT
The rock in tooth fairy, Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore, the monkey from MVP: Most Valuable Primate, and Jaquavion Tavius
weiner dogs, they're mad chill

Player Name: enlightened centrist
Position: center
Recreate or First-Gen? recreate
-Recreates: Who was your last player? aleksandr iskandrov
Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers): aleks.aleks

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) unfortunately too many
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? hard to say, boiling, frying, you cant really go wrong
What made you join the SHL? i have no idea, this was around 7 years ago
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? i would probably go back in time and view historical events, like how cleopatra died, what happened to roanoke, the bronze age collapse,the dancing plague, etc
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? quite honestly i dont think there is a single topic where i could give a 30 minute lecture, i think just about all my interests i have very surface level knowledge
What color would your lightsaber be and why? would be black for sure, the darksaver is the coolest
What kind of play style are you hoping to have for your player? in the j i will be going for a very offensive based player build
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? yea sure
Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? this is actually my question that i gave for this lmfao
What is your opinion on The French? strong dislike
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) ive recently just started getting back into reading, but throughout my childhood my favorite book series was the last of the jedi featuring ferus olin.
A young fish asked an old salmon, "How do you navigate the currents so well?" The salmon chuckled, "It’s just like hockey—know when to push and when to flow." What strategies do you use to navigate challenges on and off the ice? ah well on the ice i simply update my player but off the ice i bottle it all up inside and stay sad
Taylor ham or Pork Roll? i cant eat pork bro
Pineapple on Pizza? pineapple on pizza is great because it cuts through the greasiness of the cheese and provides a nice balance to a pizza
What is your Mount Rushmore of hockey? id be more open to doing the mount rushmore of the canucks, which would probably be the sedin twins, linden, bure, luongo id say
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? ive been described as a greyhound because i have a similar lanky athletic build

[Image: rKRYSW6.png]

Player Name: Jimmy Twoshoes
Position: Defender
Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit
Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers): ImmortalSeagulls#8558

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) - I usually find myself with about 6 hours or so where I'm completely free
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? - You gotta do the German pretzel dogs
What made you join the SHL? - I was a bit bored and it seemed like something fun to do in my free time!
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? - It'd probably be just a couple years ago so I can make some good money sports betting.
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? - Lobster populations in Nova Scotia (it was my thesis)
What color would your lightsaber be and why? - Green, classic
What kind of play style are you hoping to have for your player? - Just a little guy who can book it up and down the ice
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? - Hell yeah, great cause
Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? - Been getting into photography as of late.
What is your opinion on The French? - As someone from Ontario and the UK, it's deeply engrained in my culture to despise the French.
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) - The Master and the Margarita (there's a talking cat!)
A young fish asked an old salmon, "How do you navigate the currents so well?" The salmon chuckled, "It’s just like hockey—know when to push and when to flow." What strategies do you use to navigate challenges on and off the ice? - "It's only game, why you heff to be mad?"
Taylor ham or Pork Roll? - Pork Roll
Pineapple on Pizza? - Nah not for me
What is your Mount Rushmore of hockey? - It's just Shane Doan (RIP Yotes)
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? - Shiba Inu, really don't have a reason I just love them

Player Name: Mel Guolla
Position: Center
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? My friend DejuDaeiGogi told me
Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers): rtguys

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) - I usually have at least 6+ hours a week free
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? - Cooking on a grill is truly the only way
What made you join the SHL? - My friend told me about it and it sound like a lot of fun.. being the hockey nerd that I am
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? - I'd probably go 1950s or 60s, just because I love the vintage vibe. I want a milkshake at a vintage dinner
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? - Movies and the importance of the soundtrack
What color would your lightsaber be and why? - Yellow, simply cause it's my favorite colour
What kind of play style are you hoping to have for your player? - Want my guy to be highly skilled, score some points but also play a strong two way game
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? - I'd ask how many they have that I can sign so we can raise more money
Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? - Recently started doing bouldering
What is your opinion on The French? - lol I love like to be kind to all, but the French are good at getting on my nerves Tongue
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) - Name of the wind. Great fantasy book
A young fish asked an old salmon, "How do you navigate the currents so well?" The salmon chuckled, "It’s just like hockey—know when to push and when to flow." What strategies do you use to navigate challenges on and off the ice? - I like to have a chill attitude to everything and always see things from the prospective of others. Never get caught up in the negative
Taylor ham or Pork Roll? - Pork Roll
Pineapple on Pizza? - No Pineapple.. Never pineapple
What is your Mount Rushmore of hockey? - Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Howe. Basic but they the goats. Might throw Crosby on there soon for fun
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? - Bishon Frise cause I already have 2 and I ADORE them

09-26-2024, 02:39 AMpuolivalmiste Wrote: ONLY S79 SMJHL Rookies (S80 players) are eligible for this PT.
This is NOT for people who are to be/got drafted into the SHL (S79 players).

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

For anyone doing this after the draft, this is an opportunity to introduce yourself to SHL scouts and other members of the site, while earning TPE and money on the side.

You will receive 0.5 TPE for each question you answer up to a maximum of 6 TPE. (12 questions)
For each question you answer after the first 12, you will receive $100k per question answered, with a bonus of $200k for answering every question.

The total for answering all questions will come out to 6 TPE and $1M!!!

SMJHL HO Questions (4 Questions)
Code:
Player Name: Benjamin Crawley
Position: Left Defense
Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen
-Recreates: Who was your last player?
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? I searched "hockey" on discord public servers and this one caught my eye. I need something to do that isn't boring.
Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers): ben.real

Code:
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 4
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? sliced down the wiener, pan seared on both sides throw it back in and bougie it up with saurkraut, mustard, relish, fried onions, etc.
What made you join the SHL? IT LOOKS FUN
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? To when I was younger and didnt enjoy sports, I would've whipped younger self until he WANTED to play hockey.
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? On Donald Trump and his retardedness.
What color would your lightsaber be and why? Blue, classic, keep it simple, all the audience is on your side.
What kind of play style are you hoping to have for your player? Two way defensemen. If a defensive forward was playing left d is how I play.
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? To be honest, I'll wear it and keep a clean slate with the media, however on other matter's i am NOT afraid to become a heartbeat for myself or my team.
Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Yeah, it's a guilty pleasure but (musical theatre)
What is your opinion on The French? J'etais dans immersion francais au ecole pour sept annais mais les personnes francais est tellement stupide.
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Harry Potter, anyone I just love the nostalgia for me.
A young fish asked an old salmon, "How do you navigate the currents so well?" The salmon chuckled, "It’s just like hockey—know when to push and when to flow." What strategies do you use to navigate challenges on and off the ice? Be honest without being dramatic.
Taylor ham or Pork Roll? I don't know what the fuck either of those are but I'm less of a ham guy unless it's canadian bacon so ill go with pork roll.
Pineapple on Pizza? if it's just sweet and salty I'm not going out of my way to put it on. If a buddy however orders a good pizza and it has it on, no complaints. even if it isnt good to be honest.
What is your Mount Rushmore of hockey? Sid the Kid, Ovi, Gretz, J.T. Miller (non-biased)
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Burnese Mountain. Need the cuddle time but also dig the energy when I'm outside.

Deadline: Sunday, November 10th at 11:59PM PST

Responses to this PT will be graded at least shortly after the draft and after the deadline.

1. Twinkle Toes
2. Right Defense
3. First-Gen
4. Reddit post on r/hockey
5. Kami1931#3418

6. 8ish
7. BBQ
8. A reddit post on r/hockey and I love sim games
9. Sometime during the dinosaurs, bring something back for my kid
10. Safe operation of heavy equipment
11. Green, since I enjoy learning
12. Offensive defenseman
13. Yes, and sign it after
14. Woodworking
15. I don't like it as a chess opening, you have a really bad bishop
16. Ender's Game because it's like lord of the flies in space
17. Two things. One, collect people that you trust and can rely on. Two, talk to them and ask for help when you need it. People are stronger together
18. Pork roll?
19. No pizza ever
20. Gretzky, Lemeuix, Jagr, Dionne
21. A half australlian, half bernese mountain dog. She's absolutely lovely.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2024, 02:44 PM by Dirty Puma. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Dirty Puma
Position: Right Defense
First-Gens: Found through Hockey Junkie's discord
Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers): Dirty Puma#2432 or dirtypuma
How many hours a week do you usually have free? 10-12
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? Put it on the grill with some butter
What made you join the SHL? I want to see how it works. Seems like fun
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? 1990 because its the 90s
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? The war of 1812 and the lecture would occur during faceoffs for our Canadian friends.
What color would your lightsaber be and why? A red lightsaber to match my red hockey stick(wood).
What kind of play style are you hoping to have for your player? I'm hoping to build a balanced defenseman and then focus on mobility/possessing the puck in my 2nd season
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? I quietly wear the jersey for my team
Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? I just drafted my first fantasy hockey team. Not sure it counts but I'm excited
What is your opinion on The French? Poutine! Je suis le papillon sur la table avec le Chanel No. 5 regardons
What is the best book you have read and why? It's a tie between Booker T Washington and Harriet Tubman biographies. The why is hard to explain. They are simply incredible people.
A young fish asked an old salmon, "How do you navigate the currents so well?" The salmon chuckled, "It’s just like hockey—know when to push and when to flow." What strategies do you use to navigate challenges on and off the ice? Constantly find open space on and off the ice. Stay ahead of the game
Taylor ham or Pork Roll? Ham
Pineapple on Pizza? Never
What is your Mount Rushmore of hockey? John Leclair, Pavel Datsyuk, Eric Desjardins, Dominik Hasek
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Great Pyrenees so I can lay in a field all day

Player Name: Grog Strongjaw
Position: Center
Recreate or First-Gen? First
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? VHL 
Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers): Iamme12233

How many hours a week do you usually have free? 3-5
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? boil then fry for few min for the crisp
What made you join the SHL? Don't have a gaming system so I figured this is the next best thing.
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? revolutionary war, I love history.
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? American Revolutionary War
What color would your lightsaber be and why? Purple, always been my fav
What kind of play style are you hoping to have for your player? sniper
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? wear it
Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? growing tomatoes
What is your opinion on The French? weird question, I have french in my family so I have no opinion.
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) the walking dead
A young fish asked an old salmon, "How do you navigate the currents so well?" The salmon chuckled, "It’s just like hockey—know when to push and when to flow." What strategies do you use to navigate challenges on and off the ice? one day at a time. nothing more you can do or control.
Taylor ham or Pork Roll? pork roll
Pineapple on Pizza? sure, been homeless before. I learned to not be picky.
What is your Mount Rushmore of hockey? gretzky, crosby, hall, roy, orr
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? husky, they can survive easily in the cold.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2024, 05:32 AM by schotte74. Edited 5 times in total.)

SMJHL HO Questions (4 Questions)
Code:
Player Name: Uwe Bindewald
Position: LD
-First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit; /hockey
Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers): tiedomi

Code:
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 5-10
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog? Grill
What made you join the SHL? Used to play in sim leagues back in the day and missed being part of a fantasy hockey community.
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why? Mid to late Medieval Europe, just to witness actual life
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose? The major disappointments and epic defeats of sports teams I support
What color would your lightsaber be and why? Green, just my fav colour
What kind of play style are you hoping to have for your player? Tough shutdown D
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? Any time!
Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Retrogaming
What is your opinion on The French? Hot woman, great food, beautiful country. Some males are twats.
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Name of the Rose/Eco; sparked a lifelong interest in history
A young fish asked an old salmon, "How do you navigate the currents so well?" The salmon chuckled, "It’s just like hockey—know when to push and when to flow." What strategies do you use to navigate challenges on and off the ice? I'm too old to believe in strategies anymore :p
Taylor ham or Pork Roll? Ham
Pineapple on Pizza? Nah
What is your Mount Rushmore of hockey? Gretzky, Dryden, Selanne, Chelios, Domi
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? German shepherd; loyal, defends family fiercely if needed

[/quote]

Player Name: Hamilton Steelhawk
Position: LW
Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate
-Recreates: Who was your last player? Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu
-First-Gens: How did you find the site?
Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers): swimnhockey

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
6+
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?
Grill
What made you join the SHL?
I forget
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?
20 years ago so I could make money in bitcoin

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?
Oilers history

What color would your lightsaber be and why?
Blue, because blue is favourite colour

What kind of play style are you hoping to have for your player?
score a lot of goals

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
I would wear it

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?
multiple sports leagues, might get into baking.

What is your opinion on The French?
okay I suppose, Simon is one of my good pals

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)
I don't read so I cant answer,MB

A young fish asked an old salmon, "How do you navigate the currents so well?" The salmon chuckled, "It’s just like hockey—know when to push and when to flow." What strategies do you use to navigate challenges on and off the ice?

Taylor ham or Pork Roll?
Pork Roll

Pineapple on Pizza?
Ya

What is your Mount Rushmore of hockey?
Gretzky/Lemeiux/Orr/Crosby for now

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
golden retriever

[Image: hallsy.png]

Player Name: Greyson Willis
Position: LW
How did you find the site? One of my friends in another server (Vice) posted the link in another server
Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers): ocho11

I don't think I can pin down an exact number, but I usually have at least a couple hours of free time every day. I'm also almost always on Discord so I won't be too hard to reach.
Depends on the situation. Optimally, on a grill. However, if you need to, slicing them down the middle and pan frying them is great

One of my friends in a different hockey league for a video game (Slapshot Rebound) posted the link to SHL and it sounded like fun so I joined.

2007. I want to experience that era at my current age.

I actually had to do something similar to this once for a leadership retreat, except it was only 10 minutes. I think my topic was chicken wings.

I'm ngl, not a big Star Wars guy, so basically it would be blue or whatever the normal color is

Offensive winger. What kind? idk yet. I just know that I don't wanna be a physical grinder type guy.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
Hell yeah bro, idc what it is I'm supporting charity 

Playing Slapshot, managing a Slapshot league, and hanging out with my shawty bae (my lovely girlfriend of 2.5 years)

Booooooo 

1998 Ford Mustang Owner's Manual

A young fish asked an old salmon, "How do you navigate the currents so well?" The salmon chuckled, "It’s just like hockey—know when to push and when to flow." What strategies do you use to navigate challenges on and off the ice?
"Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about." Find joy in every moment, and if you can't find it, make it.

Taylor ham or Pork Roll?
I have no idea what either of these are. lemme google something real quick

okay so I asked my Jersey friends to explain this to me and they started arguing.
Pineapple on Pizza?
Anything on pizza bro, I will eat it.

Gretzky, Lemieux, Lidstrom, Brodeur

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? 
I would say I'm a beagle bc those guys are chill and silly

Player Name:

Lewis Holl

Position:

RD or Defenseman

Recreate or First-Gen?

First-Gen

First-Gens: How did you find the site?

The link was posted in another sim league. Sounded like fun.

Full Discord Username (Including the hashtag and numbers):

lobster.2765

---

Something around fifty give or take. I only work four days a week.

Ayo they don't call me the glizzy gladiator for nothing. I eat them anyway, including cold.

Love sim leagues and this one had a unique perspective. Seems super active too.

Good question. I believe heavily in paradox's so I don't want to try and change anything, or end up in a Futurama type situation. I'd probably just go back in time and watch something be built like the pyramids.

I do this daily for my job with teaching English so that's an easy question. But hockey is another close second.

Wrong answers only? I'm a trekkie. Right answer? Purple.

Purely defensive defenseman.

Absolutely. I wear one regularly that I picked up from a team. Hockey is for everyone after all.

I play hockey and that's forever a hobby of mine. I also collect jerseys. Outside of that I read a lot, play video games, table top, you name it.

Depends. Are they a Habs fan? That will decide my opinion.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick. This is the book that the movie Blade Runner is based on.

I play goalie. I face my problems head on until I get head trauma.

Taylor ham or Pork Roll?

I don't know what either of these are. I probably would eat both? I'm not picky.

Pineapple on Pizza?

Absolutely not.

I'm not sure what this saying is. I could probably google it but I think the raw answer is funnier. So assuming Mount Rushmore of hockey means something along the lines of my greatest hockey item it is probably my several Toronto Maple Leaf game worn jerseys. If it's a bad thing, it's probably just about the same.

I have a dog, and therefore I choose the Cowboy Corgi. He's very cute and a good boy. Don't need any other reason for that.