Create Account

S79 SMJHL PT #0: New Places Due: Sunday, October 13th @ 11:59 PM PST

It was a long night name after name came and went but finally my name was called "Nevada Selects Arvinder Singh" hearing my name get called was a sign of relief (even though it was butchered but best effort) in the hall to the locker room I was nervous meeting new people new environment can be a lot of for people but I have goals to achieve things to get done and the people in the locker room have the same goals or similar to mine I assume, I tell myself as approaching the door to the locker room
I enter the locker room greeted by JFK (our GM) warm welcome all my teammates started introducing themselves in that instant my nerves started to calm down and the then I met the other rookies drafted before me all excited like me all want to grow and get better with the team

Lots of stress leading into the draft, but the stress was worth it. Hearing "At 38th Vancouver Whalers select Trent Mackenzie" was certainly worth the wait. As the second goalie picked in the draft, I am very proud of my abilities and prepared to get to work with Vancouver. After being picked, I walked over to the locker room, and was met graciously by the returning members of the Whalers team, as well as their previous draft pick Aaron Noxus. I was a bit nervous meeting these people who I had not had much contact with prior to being selected, but the reception within their team has been incredible so far. Obviously there was the usual amount of slight hazing from the returning vets but in general I left our first meeting with a tremendous amount of excitement for the upcoming seasons. I am very excited to be a Vancouver Whaler and it seems like they are excited to have me on their team!

(164 words)

[Image: trentmackenzie88.png]
Trent Mackenzie | Vancouver Whalers | Player Page

[Image: image.png?ex=6706dc6e&is=67058aee&hm=1ae...e2853d02b&]
(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 05:28 PM by Magenta. Edited 1 time in total.)

Berserkers  Aurora  Uk
[Image: hqBRlWW.png]
(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 05:31 PM by This Guy. Edited 2 times in total.)

Mick Geno arrived in Nevada on a business class Spirit flight, only guys 2nd time on a plane and he was pissing himself scared. GM of Nevada Mr. JFK was there to personally welcome all the rookies from their flights, like what a beauty that guy is. Took a team van with the other “lambs” and was introduced to our practice facilities. Mick Geno has never been in this type of place, quite boujee compared to his hometown. The current team was not there, as its the off season, they dont have to be, Mick Geno met them at training later that day.

However, what there was, was a gift basket for each player. I cant tell you what the others got, as I didnt see theirs, but Mick Geno was so gassed. There was a 3 pack of backwoods AND 3 pre rolled raws, a nice imported Cali ounce, and a brand new fishing pole. Mick Geno wanted to kiss Mr. JFK , thats how nice he felt the welcome was. But he restrained himself, thank fuck for that. 179

After getting drafted by the raptors at 8th overall and joining the server, the atmosphere was very hyped all around, as 2 recreates (jumbo and alek) had been drafted followed my me, a first gen. Most people in the locker room were new, only people I really new were Takk and Fishy from my talks with them along with Vice who got me into the league. Later on when Triscut (DarthDaevin the player) got drafted, it was very hype because he came from the same place that I got here, through vice, through a slapshot rebound esports league. Everyone was very welcoming and very open to answering any questions I had about the team, players etc. I settled in with my new team very fast as everyone was very kind and nice. Everyone was very excited about the team as we had a really good draft class in my opinion.

[Image: IVYAuWp.png]

It was a long flight from Leviathan to St. Louis. Bike was pretty anxious considering it had been more than a few fortnight's since he had left the city of boats on high sea. Alas, all great things must come to an end and there is a new adventure to be written on the face of the world. With Chungledown, it's not merely a matter of beginning a new experience - here he gets to explore himself and find the person that he is away from home.

Luckily for him, his teammates made the transition an easy one for him. He didn't even threaten to shit in anyone's mouth. Talk about starting something new, eh? Cake even organized a little party with some interesting food. Something called... Pete's ah? New things in moderation, I guess. 

One the bright side, Bim is here to do one thing, play some fuckin' hockey. At least there will be a distraction while he gets used to life on land.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

Rocky Gislason enters inGEN Arena for the first time. Immediately he sees the great amount of history that Colorado has especially the long awaited winning the Four Star Cup in S75. Colorado has produced some of the SHL's best players so Rocky feels an that the bar is set very high, not from the team or fans, but from himself. He walks into the locker room and already the veteran leaders are there.  Baron Samedi, Cadmael Ixazaluoh, Raw Cheese McPickle are all there to great and welcome Rocky. Telling him to keep up the great work and keep getting better. The GMs are very enthusiastic about having Rocky on the team as well as all of the other rookies Colorado was able to draft. Rocky sees a familiar face of Gina Pinard, as he met her when he was younger and attended a training/tournament that she put on for up and coming hockey players. Rocky feels at home being in Colorado and feels he fits in well with the whole team. 
-172 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]

[Image: cEbgUph.png] [Image: 1DL5JDX.png] [Image: vjZu62e.png] [Image: EnHtzQl.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Aaron Noxus, selected 10th overall... I smirked as I walked into the locker room knowing well ahead of time this would be my new team. What greeted me was a warm welcome. Seany, Shiamus... my two GMs who scouted me were the first to welcome me in. Shortly followed by Dominic and Badwolf. A quaint welcome to say the least but I got to work. I introduced myself to everyone and saw Raf, a fellow rookie walk in after me. I got acquainted with the team and was satisfied knowing I had a good home. I came here knowing full well the future of this team rested on my, I went to the teams Front Office and started to get to work. This team needed players so the first thing I did was sit down with the GMs and others on team management and got to work looking for some players to round off our team. 

My team was surprised at first... this rookie came into the locker room who clearly hasn't thought about defense once in his life... but slowly I was able to inspire them into adopting my vision... They would support me and I would support them... and Raf would be the biggest help for me at the Goalie position. The team has bonded over our uncertain future and iron will to push us to greatness like our predecessors have done. 

So far the teams biggest challenge, their biggest shock, was accepting the fact I was from the greatest city in Canada, Toronto. Seany almost put me on the trade block but eventually he was able to accept Toronto is the greatest city in Canada. 

Now, as Vancouver enters a new age... we will see records broken and a new contender rise to the top of the standings. #GoWhalers