Create Account

S79 PT #0: Drafting Some Leadership Due: Sunday, October 13th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2

Marton has always been a lead-by-example guy, and that includes the offseason. Obviously his fellow Renegades are welcome at the Island Gym anytime, like if the team gym at La Salle is closed or if the player wants to post about it on social media ahead of time while promising to sign a few autographs for the other folks who show up and pay for a membership or a smoothie or something. And what do you mean they don't *need* to show up to training camp yet? There are no optional days in training camp, not for Marton Diehm. There are always rookies coming up, free agents to assimilate, and you never want to lose that feel for the ice (or miss out on a day of the team chef's bratwurst). The only thing off in the offseason is the TV, because there's no hockey and no new Survivor (though there is old Survivor and game tape and possibly the last working VCR in Texas, so the TV isn't always off, but this started out as a cool motivational phrase before *reality* stepped in and ruined it).

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Graphic Option 2:

Helping Chicago with their... "Cap Relief"
[Image: M4ek77v.jpeg]

[Image: iG4vpsb.jpeg]
Credit to @Symmetrik
[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

"Fuck off". I don't give a shit. I was here enjoying the small amount of time off every season. We get a few months that are ours and ours alone, and @Acsolap has the giant hairy balls to call me up before i head offline for 10 weeks? That's some bull shit, and I let him know. Ok fine, but I am getting drunk and showing up to draft hungover. You better make sure we have adequate air conditioning and airflow in the arena otherwise this guy will be throwing up all over that nice jersey were getting made up for the new rookie.
Who even cares anyway? It's going to be another few years before the new kid is sniffing my jockstrap, I might not even still be around by then. This team does shit like call me up on my vacation to bring me into work and I am expected to care about them? No, you are a paycheck nothing more. SMH can't even give me a ring.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

During the offseason i volunteer. My family and I live in Florida and it’s hurricane season when we are not playing. It’s usually me and good old chuck volunteering along with up and coming players or people I’ve met during the season. We stay in shape by moving exploded teslas out of flood waters and cleaning out flooded homes. This past hurricane I helped someone dig out five feet of sand out of a 12X24 pool. The easy thing was that their pool cage had blown away so we were able to just haul it over our shoulders or heave it forward. It would have been more rewarding if the pool was filled with water
Immediately after for a refreshing break. It’s really nice to be part of a community and show our human side to the town. It also allows our team to bond And unwind with a few brewskies when the day is done!

[Image: HqPCLbj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]

Answering for Option 2

Teddy Bloos definitely tries to be the best leader he can be on and off the ice. This stems from his community involvement with charities around the Thunder Bay area, but he also tries to help out the new players by giving them advice on adjusting to the culture and the nature of the J. For a lot of players, it absolutely is a tough adjustment trying to get used to the nature of playing major junior hockey, and Teddy gets that. He tries to organize team events and other ways for the rookies to let loose a little bit without feeling too overwhelmed.

Beyond this, Teddy likes to think of himself as a true teacher or mentor. Sure, he's no coach, but for a lot of centres, he provides a lot of insight on how to improve their play given how important the centre is to their forward line. He helps his teammates understand advice on how to win face-offs, for example.

[Image: gLIi4AC.png]
[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]

I think I'd be honoured and honestly? I may just announce the pick normally. Pinli was lucky enough to be drafter third overall, which certainly isn't first but it's also nothing to sneeze at. He was in the conversation for first overall and was very nervous at the thought that he may have to go up there in front of half of the SMJHL and accept the huge expectations of going first. It's a very stressful time for young players and I think, having already lived that moment, it would be important for Pinli to keep that in mind and not make it any tougher on those kids. They have enough to worry about without some SHL vet yukking it up on stage and making the night about them. So when the night comes to make the pick, Pinli is dressed very respectfully and takes the stage when called upon. He brings his formal event box, which is covered in red velvet, puts it down in front of the microphone so that he can step up and announce the pick. He does so clearly and concisely, then gives the young fellow a cordial hand shake. In the future there will be lots of time to get to know them as a friend and a teammate, but tonight Pinli is letting the rookie shine!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=6706bc74&is=67056af4&hm=52...height=516]

Andrade La Sombra would be absolutely honored to announce the newest pick for the North Stars. The announcement would come with some anxiety, though. Andrade La Sombra is not the best at speaking English, and especially considering the amount of players with very strange names would make this extraordinarily challenging. But La Sombra would be up to the challenge; to be brought this honor after the string of play that he's had would be nothing short of remarkable for La Sombra.

It would be obvious soon that La Sombra's lack of English skills would come to bite him. While he would do better than he originally anticipated, he did certainly struggle with some words that didn't quite come out right, leading to many innuendos and inside jokes thrown at him from his teammates. But despite it all, Andrade La Sombra did find himself enjoying the experience more after it was over.

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

Will Tomlander tries to lead by example both by setting a personal example to team members, especially newer ones, and also by lending a hand whenever possible. This is in any medium and any arena both figurative and literal. He will gladly volunteer to practice with other team mates, and provide tips whenever possible. He is also keen to learn from other team mates who might have better skills in certain areas than him, whether it be skating, agility, shooting power, or reading defensive zone cues to find the next step. With the more senior team mates retiring, such as Vaseline Podcalzone, and William Salming moving on, Will knows that he is one of the players who management look at making a leader for the next generation, and he knows that he has a great history to uphold in Seattle. Stepping into those empty shoes will not be easy but his cohort is ready and primed for it.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

Ricky Koivu was stunned to be picked by the Hamilton brass as the guy to announce their first pick of the draft, as he had only just signed for the team and was in very much the latter stages of his career. He was concerned that this decision happened due to Koivu's status as a prior second overall draft pick, because he is definitely not the player he once was and is not the marquee signing they may have thought he was. Regardless, as the player picked to announce the pick he had no choice but to give his best for announcing the pick. Right away things went bad, however, when the fans at Saint Pierre de Miquelon booed him congratulating the Los Angeles Panthers for winning the cup before the pick. How was he supposed to know people here hated the Panthers? Regardless, he held his composure and eventually announced the pick of Hughes Incorporated, which went over very well with the traveling Steelhawks fans and, although still confused, made Ricky feel like things went pretty ok

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Prompt 2.

In Julian Flörsch's opinion, the best leaders are those that lead by example as well as take the responsibility to help others in need. So while Julian's off-season is very much focused on getting into a top mental and physical shape to start the season hot, and includes a lot of exercises specifically aimed at creating a winning and leading mindset in addition to the physical exercise and skills training schedules his team's coaches have provided to him, he's also always in contact with his teammates to see if they need some guidance or assistance and to keep an eye on their progress. It's one of the responsibilities that Julian has taken on as he grew into his role as a more senior team member on the Minnesota Monarchs, having been part of the organization for like 10 seasons now. And as long as his more junior teammates still look up to him, he feels very comfortable in helping them wherever he can.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Option 2: 

As the oldest one in the locker room (by a few seasons) and by far one of the longest tenured for the franchise, Beck leads by example: giving his best in training camp and preseason to show that the tune up games are important to get up to speed for the season. If any younger teammates have questions or look unsure, Beck is happy to step in an show them the proper way to do X, Y, and Z. If something is asked of him by management, it's a "no problem, sir". While his on-ice role has diminished slightly over the past few seasons of skill regression, his presence in the locker room has only grown year by year. By this point, he is close to passing from veteran status to locker room legend for how long he has been with the team and how many Aurora games he has played. And Beck is happy with it all.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

Option 1: Well first, it's a huge honor to be chosen and to win this award. While I don't play for individual awards, it's very nice of you all to recognize my contribution. But, I don't want to put the spotlight on myself, I want to us it for an important cause: to push my team and motivate them to win and to pursue greatness. At the end of our careers, nobody will remember our individual awards, but they will remember if we won 5 trophies.Looking at every award I won, nobody remembers these anymore, but our team wins is burned into their mind and how we are the greatest team ever assembled. Let this be an encouragment to all you lowlife that accept defeat, this will no longer be tolerated. Starting now, we must win, it's a question of live and and death. Is that clear? let's go for a championship!

One of Luca’s biggest dreams is to be a leader on and off the ice. Luca shows up on the ice and gives it his all, a lead by example kind of guy by nature. One thing Luca has been working on to really show his leadership skills is talking younger players under his wing to teach them little things here and there. You know, give them the bare bones and let them figure out how to connect them. This past playoff series saw Luca become more vocal in the locker room. Luca wants to win all the time, but something about this last series made him really want to buckle down and be the best. During the offseason Luca was talking to the gang like he was all their cool uncle and encouraging them to be their best. Staying at practice longer than most working on skills with other players who may need that mentor. Hopefully management starts to notice that Luca wants that leadership role, he feels like he was born to be the grizzled vet leading a pack of kids.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

PT pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]