Create Account

S79 PT #0: Drafting Some Leadership Due: Sunday, October 13th @ 11:59 PM PST

It certainly helps that Rasmus loves to live in LA, but he does a lot of his offseason training in LA at the team's facility so he can be there with the staff and also get some good time with the new faces on the team - both young and old to develop familiartiy. When you have a veteran bringing that type of work ethic to the facility every day during the offseason, it definitely starts to rub off on the other players and he's in a great spot to really become a leader for his team. I think everyone understands the sacrifice too, as Rasmus is from the faraway land of Sweden, and he has to forego a lot of time with friends and family over the offseason in order to commit to this training regiment. I think that's what makes the leadership that much more powerful for those around him, and gives him credibility. That, and the cups always help to give credibility as he's a guy who knows what it takes to win in this league.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Option 2:

The honest answer is, Weston doesn't do much to demonstrate his leadership in all. He shows up early to the rink and arrives late for most games, but sometimes he messes up and shows up late and leaves early. It's an honest faux-paus, and it could happen to anyone. While he does put in hard work through training camp, he's known as being a fairly quiet customer: he keeps to himself, puts in the hours, and that's about it. He has no real stomach for the kind of vocal leadership position that typifies hockey captaincies, and when he wears the alternate on his jersey, it's usually due to that quiet confidence.

In that sense, he does try to lead mostly by example -- but that itself is a rather tense thing to do when you're having one of the worst seasons you've had since you were in recreational leagues as a kid. To that end, if there's one singular thing Weston is doing to try to manage some kind of leadership in the face of Newfoundland's seeming attempt at a cup run this year, it's to redouble his effort on the ice ... and especially on defense. No one was ever inspired by a defender that sleeps in front of his own net.

[Image: hqBRlWW.png]
Berserkers Blizzard Usa

Option 2:

Hampus always has a busy off-season, he shows up at all the team events and appearances and shows everyone his team spirit as much as he can to show his leadership to all the top brass. He wants to be a leader on this team but he finds that he's not the best at this sort of thing. His main focus of the off-season for him though is to focus on himself and train like crazy. Hampus wants to be the best to ever do it and in order to do that he needs to get big. He spends most of his time in the gym, working with the trainers trying to reach peak physical ability and be the best hockey player he can possibly be. Hampus' goal is to win a cup, doing all the events isn't a huge part of winning even if it grows the fan base so he will always be focusing most of his time getting stronger.

[Image: rFu52UT.jpeg]

[Image: kB9jkKo.jpeg]

[Image: fFccrkD.png][Image: SNCAGza.png]

Harrington is too old to be leading by example and yet here he is with 9 points in 7 games during preseason. Sometimes you need to let those young guys know that anything is possible if you put in the effort and go to work. If Harrington can put points on the board with half a knee and an injured back (from carrying in game 7 of the s60 finals) then surely the spring chickens that Edmonton is full of can carry him for the regular season and keep his career chugging along. That being said he is of course always making sure to be there for the young guns when they are training so that they don't make the dumb mistakes Harrington already did when he was starting out. Harrington remembers how important it was to have a veteran presence guide you along in those first key years in the major leagues.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

[Image: usatsi-20964484-168400847-lowres.png]

PBE affilate - https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=783566

[Image: dc24.png]

PT Pass

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: XlUQV2V.png]

Option 2:

Niclas Sundqvist is a leader even though he doesn't aim to be. It's less of his active leadership and more of his passive, that he often not even reflects over. He shows up on time always, often even being a bit early and staying late. There's always some more improvement to be had and being first also means you get to greet everyone while keeping it calm and relaxed getting prepared as well as leaving. In the offseason specifically, Niclas can often be found at the team gym hanging around and socializing with whoever shows up. Sometimes the last seasons management realized this and together agreed with Niclas that any newer players who wanted to get shown around or just do some practise together with someone else could join in with him. While not really leading, this does help integration of new teammates as well as creating a good bond between players and other staff, which helps spread a positive attitude.

[161 words]

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Option 1:
Furious Chicken was called into the Buffalo Stampede office rooms, not often did he come there, he found it strange to be here while having signed his 3-year extension just a couple days ago. Despite this the call to the office did seem genuine so he would see. Arriving a bit early Chicken waited until the general manager arrived and together they went into the office room to discuss something very important. The general manager wanted Furious Chicken to announce the first pick the Buffalo Stampede would be doing in the upcoming draft. At first he was a bit confused, were there no better players for this job, how about the captain, or assistant-captain. But the manager quickly said that the captains had already done announcements for the previous season, and he wanted someone new to do the announcement each season. After a bit of thinking Furious Chicken decided to accept it. The days leading up to the announcement Chicken found himself thinking of what to say for each of the players on the Buffalo’s top picks list, to ensure he is ready for whoever was actually picked, and to his surprise when it came so far, everything went nicely.

200 words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Affiliate PBE PT

Written Option 1:

Drafting is a very important part of sports and being asked to be a part of this process is any way is a tremendous honour; one that I would graciously accept. While it was a long time ago, I fondly remember my draft experience and I would like to create a memorable experience for any young player that is fortunate to be drafted by my team. The draft is just as important to the young players who are about to embark on their careers as it is to a professional club. With that in mind, I would do my utmost to make sure the player knows how important they are to us. I would list a few quick accolades and time permitting, a warm anecdote from a teammate or coach. Making a verbal flub on their name would haunt me for eternity so I would reach out to family beforehand to ensure I know how to enunciate when I step to the podium. Poor Claude Giroux...

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

Written Option 2

Atticus Hale was destined to be a leader as soon as he decided the pursue his hockey dream. His father was a hockey coach so that sense of leadership was instilled in him right away. This didn’t change at the major junior level (he was named team captain in his final season there) or at the professional level where he has been the captain of the New Orleans Specters for almost his entire career.

Hale is always the first one on the ice for training camp, practice, and warmups. He’s always present for voluntary workouts and events. Between games, he’s happy to help teammates prepare and even work with them individually and show them a thing or two. During games, he might not be the type of leader to hype the team up but he will certainly calm everyone down and make sure everyone is level headed and in the right mindset. He will always do what he can to make sure his team is prepared. Off the ice, if a new player is brought in, he’s the first one to call them and welcome them to the team and the first one at the facilities to greet them.

[199 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

Written Option 2

Now that Valtteri is 3rd year player in j's, his role in the team is going to get bigger and it also means that he is becoming one of the more infuential guys in the locker room. As he now knows the values of the team and what it takes to win the cup, he has been trying to be a role model for the new rookies in the team. Valtteri got very high goals for his own career and thats why he puts lot of effort in the offseason to develop his own game, but that is also his way to show to the youngsters how much time and dedication it takes to get to the top. He shows to them how high the bar should be in every training session wether is it gym or ice training, so we can fight for our goals which is obviously defend our cup.