Create Account

S79 PT #0: Drafting Some Leadership Due: Sunday, October 13th @ 11:59 PM PST

Lias definitely helps out with prospect development during the off season. He grew up attending Gunnar Söderberg’s camps back in Sweden, and then during his SHL career has also attended Cassius Darrow’s torture sessions as well. But as he’s gotten older and nears retirement, he has shifted his focus from demanding so much of his body to helping impart the knowledge he’s gained to younger players. He has really enjoyed helping out the Panthers’ younger players, and has volunteered to help out, even before his first actual season with Los Angeles started. When he was traded, he got to work right away, and while he still has the most on ice chemistry with Mikko Rashford, it was probably a huge help to have already put in that much ice time with his new team before they actually had to play any games. He hopes that the younger players see him as one of their role models on the team, but more than that he hopes he is a positive influence on the players who will still be out there long after he has retired.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: 7MO9RpC.png] : .

PBE PT

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

Written Option 1: Journal Entry

when the gm called me up and asked if i wanted to announce our first pick in the draft, i honestly thought it was a prank. but nah, they were dead serious. me? the guy who usually gets in trouble for saying too much during interviews? but hey, i’m not turning down an opportunity to make it interesting.

so, obviously, i went all out. i walked up to that podium with my full shaman gear. face paint, top hat, even wore my ritual robe from back home. gotta keep the brand strong, right? but when it came time to say the name, i may have... overdone it. tried to do a whole dramatic pause, but it went too long, and the crowd thought i forgot. i mean, I did forget, but that's not important.

i look down and the guy's last name is insane, so I just winged it, but.. the right guy came up, so I guess I did okay. Not signing up for this again.

[Image: QX0ggFb.png]

Option 1:

Jefferson isn't a terribly flashy, look at me kind of guy, so he prefers to demonstrate his leadership ability to the higher ups simply by being a good role model on the team and always being around when there's a little extra work that needs doing. Most of the guys in the locker rooms he's been in in his short career so far have been cool, level-headed players who are determined to make the most of their talents, so Jeff doesn't feel the need to patronize them by acting like he has something to teach them. Instead he joins them, putting in the workouts, helping to keep the locker room neat and tidy, and being willing to stay after hours to run some drills whenever someone on the team feels like they need the extra practice. The best leaders are those that aren't afraid to put in the work themselves, and that's what Jefferson aims to demonstrate day in and day out.

[Image: PDyLXEi.png]

For Stavros Kondos, the off-season comes with a lot of volunteer opportunities and summer camps for young kids. Kondos tries to appear at different volunteer events, from supporting sick children's hospitals to raising money for foster homes for pets, and making it easier for seniors to get out of their homes and spend the day outdoors. Volunteering is an important way to be seen in the community, as it is the community that allows the players to play with so much energy and pride.

When it comes to getting back to hockey, Kondos hosts many camps focused on development and fostering pride in playing the sport. Hockey is a tough sport to play because of the high cost of entry. Knowing this, Stavros tries to donate as much money and used gear as possible so that kids who haven’t had the chance to play will have the opportunity to experience hockey in the future. Stavros does this out of his own goals, and not because management tells him too.

170+

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Option 1:

So when the upper management called and asked me to announce our first pick in the draft, I was all for it. I love being a representative for the organization and being out in public. My draft night was one of the best moments of my life and I'd like to help someone else with that as well. It's a pretty easy job and I love being able to announce my soon to be newest teammate, after the pick is announced I get to hang out with the player after the announcement and take a picture and things like that. As far as making the pick, it's the kids day so I don't make it a big deal about myself, its all about the kid's moment. I just go up there announce the player and give him a handshake and a hug, we part backstage after the pick. Although I will upstage him in the clothes department if his clothes game isn't up to par.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Written 2

Lyle Odelein IV is the son of a long time New Orleans Specter captain, Lyle Odelein III. He is well aware of what a captain is and what they should be. As a rookie coming into the Specters team, Lyle has a solid grasp and understanding of what he needs to do to make sure to show up as the best teammate he can be. He will be at every optional skate, every public appearance he can and he will be early to every team meeting. Being present and being accommodating is the first step at showing your teammates and the front office that you are a team first type player. Now, I'm not saying that the younger Lyle will ever become the captain of the Specters or any other team for that matter, but he knows what it takes to get there and to stay there. Being a team first player, someone who is there for everyone goes a long way, and Lyle Odelein IV will do everything he can to be there for his Specters teammates, even in this, his rookie season.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

written option #1

Celeste would be completely flattered by the ask of being the person to announce the Rage's first pick in the draft, but they honestly would probably ask if they were sure and try to turn it down. After all, they've only been in the league a couple of seasons and don't really have any amount of success to show for it! Give the honor to one of the older players, or a retired legend- somebody who deserves it more. But they'll do it when pressed, and they'll do it well- a little bit of flair, a little bit of theatricality. After all, a player only gets that experience once, and Celeste is the type of person to try and make it as memorable and meaningful as they possibly can for the players that will be coming up behind them. It's an important life experience, why shouldn't they make it the best it can possibly be?

[155 words]

[Image: skyrrhawk.gif]

As the first overall pick last season, Cristoforo Roccamontepiano was honoured when he got the call to announce Edmonton's newest first overall pick this season. To do this, Cristoforo prepared the following statement about his newest teammate: "This player is a fantastic all around defenseman with no real weaknesses to his game, who has been tough to play against in just his rookie season alone in Nevada. I can't wait to see him grow into his unlimited potential, and for us, along with the Blizzard's array of rising stars, to take the SHL by storm for many seasons to come. I am honoured to announce that with the first overall pick of season 79, the Edmonton Blizzard select Hip Hurts." Cristoforo of course meant every word of what he said, Hip Hurts got nearly as many points as he did in his rookie season and to do that as a defenseman is incredibly impressive, not only this but Hip made his presence known all over the ice, never shy to steal a puck, block a shot, or make a big hit. With players like Hip Hurts leading the charge, the future is incredibly bright for the Edmonton Blizzard.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]
Portal
Portal

[Image: image.png?ex=670d5d28&is=670c0ba8&hm=b73...30c707be9&]

[Image: hbtB38x.png][Image: Screenshot_2024-07-25_171622.png?ex=66a4...56461ae57&]
                               Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic and Jaypc8237 for the sigs!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Jiggle E Puff is a natural born showman, so he is the only logical choice to announce the Atlanta Inferno's first round draft choice during the most recent SHL draft. Jiggle E Puff will walk onto the stage and do a short performance of some of his most recent hits, featured on his platinum selling album, "You are the only Potion I need".  After two or three songs, he will descend onto the stage and begin to announce the Atlanta Inferno pick. Like David Akers of the Philadelphia Eagles, he will begin by making fun of the Atlanta Inferno's many rivals. He will make fun of the Philly Forge for losing to Atlanta in the first round, the Baltimore Platoon for having a lame name, the Hamilton Steelhawks for everything, etc. Eventually he will announce the pick with the dramatic flourish he is known for and then fly away from the stage while his backup dancers dance and the ensemble plays him off.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Option 2

Henri Losanov is a lot of things but a leader he isn't. Goalie leadership is a rare thing as they are pretty much alone during a hockey game. Henri just makes sure to be the first one in the ice during practice and the last one to leave when he's not schedule to start, which is something he believes is appreciated from his teammate. He is not weird as most goaltenders are labelled as, he's easy to talk to in a locker room and doesn't have ridiculous pregame rituals. It's just you won't ever hear him talk in the room between periods to address things. You need those vocal guys, but someone leading by example on and off the ice is the most important attribute as a leader. It's not about showing you want to be seen as, it's about being one naturally. Henri was lucky so far in his career to play with great mentors.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

prompt 2

Katharina Rosenthal was only just drafted to the Winnipeg Aurora, but she was determined to show up strong in the Winnipeg training camp off the ice to set an example for her future in Winnipeg. She's not there as a leader yet, but showing up and working hard is the first step, so other rookies know there's no easy mode in the SHL.

In Newfoundland however, Rosenthal is now a returning player, though only for her second season. Still, there's always players younger than you coming in to the SMJHL, so Rosenthal has an example to set. Especially for the Berserker's new goalie, the backup for Rosenthal. She's happy to work with anyone, but being a goalie it's especially important for her to make sure she's setting a good example for future goaltenders. She's ready to answer any questions, and shows her commitment to working hard every day to hopefully lead others towards hard work as well.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: symmshl.gif]

Well, it is a little bit awkward for this to happen. I mean, in my entire career I have been asked every season to be the one to announce the picks. In fact, the league expects me to try and make it every single season. However, there is still something so special about being one of a small group that gets to bring in the newest talent for the Syndicate every season. And while it is a lot of really hard work to make sure that we are effectively selecting the best players to help our franchise flourish and grow. This past season's draft was a really great opportunity to be the one that gets to announce the player we are selecting with our draft pick. After lots of offseason stress, we were able to make a trade up to get a player that we were really excited about. And its not every draft that you get a chance to announce a really big trade and then subsequently draft a really awesome player. It has been an honor to draft for Chicago for the better part of the last few seasons.

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

In a first order of business, Derek would be absolutely chuffed to be able to welcome in a new cub into the Los Angeles Panthers' fold, to be able to call the name of a fresh face that could potentially have a longstanding impact on the franchise and its inevitable need for a facelift once the old heads, Derek included, all spend nearly the same amount of time with the physio as they do spend on the ice, old farts for sure. With that in mind, there's something to be said about the timing of things, about when exactly it is that you're being asked to walk up on stage and make that move. Tradition has it that guest speakers are being invited for first round draft picks, and never does it happen past that. When the LA general managers asked Derek to speak at pick 60, depsite being a captain, despite being touched by the gesture, the two-time cup winner kindly turned it down, taking a raincheck for the next time the reigning champs would speak in the first round. There's something to be said about standards at the end of the day!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]