Create Account

S79 PT #0: Drafting Some Leadership Due: Sunday, October 13th @ 11:59 PM PST

One thing that Holmberg does every offseason is showing up to every skate the team has. This includes the rookie camp for the recently drafted players, as well as prospect training camps. He takes the time to get to know the newer players better, as well as work with the coaches to get an early view of how things will go during the season. It also gives him a different view of why the certain drills are used, which lets him understand the way they are practicing better. In addition to the rookie skates, he always makes time during the season and off-season to show up to any learn to skate programs the team has. Holmberg always enjoys working with the fans and encouraging new skaters to learn the game and enjoy playing it at any level, regardless of how late they've started skating. It's all about expanding the game of hockey and making sure everyone gets a chance to play one of the greatest games on the planet.

Written Option 2:

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Option 2

Leadership can take many forms, and I like to help the new rookies the ways players like Alexa Johansen, Average Dude, James Madison, Nathan Abel and Jack Booth took care of me when I joined the Scarecrows.
We will have some wonderful rookies this season, we got two first rounders in Jean Bon and Chungledown Bim that will be the future of this franchise so I had to see hello to them and even if they don't play at the same position as me, every tricks can shown to teammates if it can make them better.
Jean Bon come from the same region as me so the affinity with him was faster so with the help of Louis Bélanger, we show him the facilities and everything he needed to know about the team, the league and the city. We also trained together in the off season and Louis will be my line mate and surely that Jean will be often on the ice in the same time as us.

Hockey Player is happy to help out the team wherever possible, and announcing a pick at the draft would be no different. They would gladly accept this honor. In fact its a great opportunity to get a head start on showing who is probably a highly touted prospect what our team is really about, hopefully bringing this new player even closer to a position where they can be the one announcing a draft pick in the next coming seasons. Hockey player would most likely do a song rendition to kick everything off, maybe something like rap god or some emotional gregorian chants. This should be kept in the dark until time of because really the song choice depends completely on the mood. If you arent singing for the mood then really what are you singing for? In typical Hockey Player fashion, this would go off flawlessly. With language professors using this example of immaculate public speaking as an example in classes for years to come. I'm sure it would also become a meme on the internet, but more in a 'wow this person is so cool' type of way.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

Dunkler has always been a team first player no matter the team, league, or position he is in. So not only would he accept the responsibility of announcing the Tampa Bay Barracuda’s draft pick, he would do it with honor. I think Dunkler would be very surprised to be given such a symbolic task for the Barracuda. The team just had a historic season, seeing a long term rebuild finally pay off with a #1 seed in the playoffs, eastern conference championship, MVP and other individual trophies, and a cup finals appearance. All this after not having won a playoff series in 10 years.
The team is just full of All-Stars and leaders, that Dunkler would be shocked to get any type of opportunity like this over some of his teammates. Surely the fans would rather see their MVP Max Carnage? Or better stand out defenders like DuBolk or Brown? Maybe they want to see the veteran leadership up on the draft stage with JWS or Fitted?
Nonetheless, Dunkler would do his best to make the CUDA proud.

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

Prompt 1 - 163 words

Well, it appears that Trevor will be announcing the Steelhawks first pick in the draft this season, the only problem is that Trevor really doesn't want to do it. He could think of a million better things to do than sit at a draft and wait his turn to announce a pick, Hes never really liked having the spotlight on him, unless when he's on the ice.  But after some strong words from his GM, Trevor finally gives in and decides to announce the 1st pick, but he made sure the boss was aware that he owes him one, whatever that means.  As stated, Trevor has never really been a flashy person so he deicides to keep the announcing straight and to the point, he will announce the pick and well the new player to the team. Easier said than done. Hopefully he can make it through the night without causing a scene and going viral, and not the good kind of viral.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Option 1:
Normally Elly would not be one to announce anything, as she can't exactly speak normal language. She can be understood and translated easily enough though. It came as a surprise at first, but of course she accepted! She wanted to make a very clear and memorable announcement unlike most others. She starts planning immediately by sending a message to her teammates. She requests them all to meet to announce the pick and prepare for some fun. To announce the pick. She sets up a sort of blues clues sort of game with her own pawprints. And let's her team go around the area finding her marks. When they have them all together. They can then decipher and announce the name. This happens just before the draft but not live. A small few seconds video of the team with all the clues together plays at the actual draft live, with the name coming together and showing off who the pick is. This way all the team can work together and get to see who the pick is along with the lucky player! We hope it goes off without a hitch. Regardless, it will be one to remember. 
(198 words)

General Manager Hotdog approached me with the news that I, Bongo, have been selected to make the S79 First Round Pick. He informed me it would be none other than puddles o duckling. I informed general manager hotdog that I had stage fright and the last time i spoke in front of a crowd, they totally pantsed me and then the jocks stuck me in a locker before swirlying me in the girls bathroom!

Hotdog informed me that in order to cross the rubicon from a pretender to a contender, our leadership and veterans must show some class, and become able to face adversity and defeat whatever ails them.

I sheepishly entered the stage. I began getting flashbacks of the jocks totally laughing at me, calling me a badly dressed zucker nerd, before yelping out the name puddles o duckling. o duckling entered the stage and he mogged me with his height. However he was quite a humble rookie and we began to emote together to help ease anxiety.

Jesus Murphy grew up in Seattle, so it was an easy transition this summer after the trade from the Hamilton Steelhawks returned him to his hometown. The team operates a number of minor hockey foundations an summer camps in the area during the offseason, so it made perfect sense for Jesus to take to the ice as a guest instructor for these programs. It presented a great opportunity to show a willingness to contribute to the team's community engagement programs and make a name for himself among the team's younger fans (not that the Murphy family name is new to the Argonauts franchise). It had a very personal connection for Jesus in the sense that it also allowed him to reconnect with his minor hockey roots in the city and rekindle some relationships with coaches and organizations he had played for growing up before leaving for the SMJHL. This gave him a solid head start on feeling at home as a member of the Argonauts and helped give him a boost coming into his first season with the team.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Anna has always been more of a lead by example kind of player. One who hopes to set a good example by having good habits on and off the ice. She is always the first one into the gym on training days and the last one out. Anna will frequently be seen staying long after regularly scheduled practice is over to do extra drills, sometimes with team mates who are looking to get some extra practice in, but usually it is done by herself. She is always willing to help her teammates get some extra practice in as well, as seen by Anna blowing up the phones of her new line mates Jennifer Huh and James Howlett to try and get some chemistry built before the season starts. She has proven her effort to lead by example by being named an alternate captain on both of her juniors teams. Her reputation preceded her when she was traded to Maine, as they named her a captain before training camp even started. 

Prompt 2

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

ISFL Affiliate

Code:
Written Option 2: Leaders on a hockey team are players who are often there for their team on and off the ice, in season, in playoffs in the offseason. What does your player do during the offseason to show that they’re a leader to management? Do they assist in helping get some teammates up to speed? Do they volunteer to partake in training camp even if they need not show up yet? Or do they simply focus on themselves, aiming to lead by example?

Javelin tries to be the best leader he can be on and off the ice. He strives to be the first in and last out no matter what the situation with the team. He speaks up in the locker room when he has something to say. In the off-season, he tries to get the team together for workouts and on ice sessions to keep fresh during the break. During training camp, he not only shows up in shape, but he practices like he plays to make himself and his teammates better every day. Being a good leader means ensuring the entire team is working hard and doing what needs to be done to succeed. We are striving to win a championship in Anchorage. Teams that win championships have the best leaders. Javelin isn't the only leader on this team, and he relies on others just as much as they rely on him to keep this team on the trajectory they are on.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2024, 11:07 PM by MikeLiut.)

PBE affiliate

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon
Co-GM - Maine Timber

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

1. Elaina Beneski is somewhat surprised when her team, the Buffalo Stampede, asks her to announce a draft pick. It's somewhat unconventional, considering she's just a prospect and has yet to play a game for them, let alone accomplish anything.

Brushing away the feeling that there must have been several declines before her acceptance, she chooses to take it as a compliment and accepts. She turns to her friends Kosmo, Giorgiy and Jaro looking for advice to plan her pick presentation. She does not want to bring a lesser presentation.

Kosmo was no help. He is busy hosting a talk show in Poland and needs to spend his time recruiting guests.

One night expect Giorgiy Costanzov to be somewhat helpful, given his time spent working in the Novgorod Yankees organization, but most of his time there was spent failing upwards or sabotaging goods colleagues.

Jaro, her last hope for assistance, writes a joke for her to tell. It is not received well.

There are a lot of ways ones can show themselves as a leader 9in the lcokeroom and to theri general managers and coaches. Mac Turner doesnt really nessacarily do activites and stuff for the sole purpose of gaining brownie points. Mac sort of leads in a subverse, show not tell kinda way you know? Mac Loves helping out around the communitty, volunteering with food banks, pet shelters, going to hospital's, etc. Being a leader and good influence in the community is very important to Mac Turner. In the Lockeroom, Mac isnt one to give pep talks, be the final guy s), off the ice, but what Mac does do is tap a guy on the back when he's down, give's high fives all around (including to all the kids reaching from the stands, that kind of stuff. This is how Mac leads, he doesnt care if he get's recognition for it, he just tries to do the right thing.

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar