Create Account

S79 SMJHL PT #2 - Rivalry Week Due: Sunday, October 27th @ 11:59 PM PST

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?

Written Option: Write 150 words about the above

Graphic Option: Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all the requirements for any of the options. (You only need to do one of the options to get the credit and wont get additional credit even if you do more than one).

All responses are due on Sunday, October 27th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Reminder that Discord only hosts images for very limited time so you should use something else for hosting images.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

Only S79 SMJHL rookies (S80 players) are eligible for this task.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

I hate those frickin' fricks Yukon Malamutes, with their goofy ahh logo. Who do they think they are???
They have a stupid dog as their logo, who even has that?? It's not even a cool dog! Who do they think they are, Clifford the Big Red Dog?

But I have hate especially that buffalo of a man, Djoe Andersson! ( @MrRuihu ) He is a bully and a meanie!

I still haven't let go the fight we had in our pre-season game vs the Mutes.
Djoe said I had curly toes and ugly ears. And I tried telling him I didn't but he just said "nerd says nu uh" :(
He proceeded to shove me into the boards and taunt me for my wonky eyes.

So I beat his ass. And won. I bested the beast.
The start of an era. The Goon Era.

The next game vs the Mutes I decided fighting him wasn't enough, I needed to ridicule him.
I had a two point night, and one goal where I literally rode him like a skateboard, kickflipped over the goalie and did a header with the puck into the net. It was frickin' awesome.

Leo Carlsson has arrived.

[Image: leo2.png]
   LEETSSS GOOOOO DUUUUCKSSSS

Although the St. Louis Scarecrows have a traditional rivalry with the Kelowna Knights, I believe there is another less “official” rivalry brewing with the Colorado Raptors.

Many of the teams in the SMJHL are in Canada, and the ones who are in the United States are spread pretty far apart.  The Maine Timber and the San Diego Tidal, are at opposite corners of the country.  The Anchorage Armada are a long plane ride from both of those teams.  Two teams that are close to each other, though, are the St. Louis Scarecrows and the Colorado Raptors.

The teams don’t like each other.  Games get chippy.  The fans don’t like each other and the online trolling that takes place on social media every time these two divisional rivals meet is next level.  The fact that Denver is a short plane ride from St. Louis means there are lots of transplants from the St. Louis area in Colorado and they are quick to proudly represent the Scarecrows and trash talk their Raptor fan neighbors.

The bad blood between these two teams will continue to flourish and provide some must-see hockey for a long time to come.

Scarecrows >  Raptors

As a young player, it's hard for me to judge which team is the one that my team has had the toughest battles with. But I can judge by the current situation. What I can say is that I get to play the hardest against St. Louis team, we lost that game, but it was an interesting game. I hope that future games will be just as interesting and I will be able to play better. Although the main thing is that the team's play is improving, we are in a difficult phase at the moment. On the other hand, I think that for many, we could be the most fierce competitors in the fight for victories, because we know how to surprise. Just because we're not in the best form right now doesn't mean we can't win the whole period. It is necessary to continue with the same fighting spirit and take any opponent seriously.

Just like Red Lobster, Maine Timber is filing for bankruptcy, of talent that is. After numerous seasons of squaring off in the playoffs, the Maine Timber are the uncontested rivals of the Newfoundland Berserkers. Although in separate conferences, the rivalry remains fierce and not forgotten. Even though Maine won the first game in the best-of-three series, the Berserkers are beating them in the standings by 4 points. There is also the proximity factor as these two teams are geographically among the closest.

You might be asking what is wrong with the Maine Timber? Well for starters, lumber isn’t even their biggest export. According to this shit search engine, Microsoft Bing, their biggest export is Canada. Silly little geese, you can’t export a country. Plus, what is that logo all about? You’re the Timber, but your logo has axes, things that destroy timber? You don't see the Colorado Raptors with a big ass asteroid in their logo, do you? That’s almost as silly as naming your team the Hurricanes in an area where your civilians are negatively impacted by such forces of nature. Obviously, this is all in good fun and the rivalry makes us both better teams, but I will say this. The Maine Timber does seem like a bunch of people who thought and possibly still do think that those axe-throwing places are cool.

a Rival of mine would have to be Maine after having some older friends there is now time to establish a rivalry as i move over to Great falls mainly would have to be there gm southpaws i do enjoy calling him northfeet whenever i get the chance and as a Grizzly I'm always in the forest so sometimes the trees get in my way when I'm hunting so down with the tree i say, as long as there name is the timber i plan on yelling timber every time i make a save or someone on our team lays a hit, so i hope the passion of this will spread around the room and for once it will be down with the tree and i will be the one yelling timber instead of it being Pitbull. i also never liked that song either so just hearing that play every time they score a goal it just gives me a head ache.

P.S Northpaws next time we meet i will clearing a puck towards the bench Laughing

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]

As the season progresses, the Kraken have been placed in the top 3 for two consecutive weeks. With many high scoring games and lock down defense, it appears to this rookies eyes that the biggest rival we have is ourselves. We have been riding such a high, keeping it going and staying consistent night after night is going to be the biggest challenge. Battling our own will power and discipline, it truly looks to be the biggest opponent. Being a fresh rookie and currently riding a personal best +9 rating, I feel this newfound pressure I had yet to experience while coming up to the league. I've studied the locker room heavily during many of these games, in between the periods. Watching top stars like Kim maintain a steadfast resolve and unflinching nerves. The second period intermission speeches they give is second to none. And then on the other side of the dice I look over and see Ocho, a fellow rookie. I've never seen such a positive outlook in the most grim of times. Overall, I think the Kraken have what it takes to overcome the challenges and hit this true rival, head on.

For the Walleye the main rival has to be the Armada. The teams have met in the playoffs in back to back years now and the bad blood is starting to build. The rivalry goes back from Walleye to Elk and the teams do not like each other. Each game is intense as the Walleye try to battle up the standings and the Armada try to get retribution for their poor playoff performances. As time goes on both the teams and fans have leaned into the rivalry. This season the Armada have won both games with scores of five to three and six to three. Hockey fans everywhere hope that the teams will meet again in the playoffs. Armada fans to get revenge and Walleye fans for the 'easy' (but not so easy) pass into the next round. Only time will tell if this heated rivalry will continue this season but if the regular season is anything to go on it will be a fire burning for many years to come.

(171 words)

[Image: oCZVTkv.png]
If Myers has million fans, then I’m one of them.
If Myers has one fan, then I’m THAT ONE.
If Myers has no fans, that means I’m dead.

It would be lovely to say Yukon, or Maine, or St. Louis, or LITERALLY any team, but it is just not the case this season. Vancouver is firmly being beaten by their own inability to play hockey. The forwards are having tremendous trouble finishing on their opportunities, the defense could not stop my crippled, 70 year old mother from dropping 2 goals and 3 assists on them in the first period. The goalie, god bless their soul, has to spend every game staring down the barrel of a MAC-10, filled with pucks, switched to full auto and then pushed one more notch past that.

For a moment, they even employed the "Flying V" for christ's sake, in a desperate attempt to get ANYTHING going. We watched 4 of their 5 players on the ice form a box around the goalie, attempting to trick the opposing team into not shooting the puck in a "If you can't see the net, then it doesn't exist" ploy that went over about as well as a surprise guest speaker Michael Vick at the yearly PETA convention.

So, if the question is "who's the biggest rival for the Whalers", then it would be the entire city of Vancouver at the time of this writing, we haven't seen rioting like this since 2011.

Or Quebec City. F##k Quebec City.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2024, 08:53 PM by Shylo_Moxii.)

Newfoundland Berserkers are our biggest rivals. Mostly for close geographical sense, but Berserkers vs Timbers. C'mon what is better than a matchup that can be considered the class of titans or the clash of brawling brutes. We can both be considered heavy hitters and no toleration for someone leaving without feeling the contact from said heavy hits. We don't like anything about the berserkers everything from their jerseys, to their stupid name, to their colors, to their stupid goal horn, to their stupid goal song.

Nothing good has ever come out of that organization. Just a boring bad, embarassing organization.

A close second and third is Quebec City and Ottawa. Canadian teams only. You would be correct. Screw them, just like the NHL. WE DON'T LIKE THEM EITHER. Half of them choke and the other half just aren't good to begin with. We all hate the music. Crappy building and much much more.

Code:
Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?

Written Option: Write 150 words about the above

I would say that for the Carolina Kraken our biggest rival in the SMJHL would have to be the Colorado Raptors. Fellow S80 rookie classmate Rocky Gislason and Kim Chaewon were both picked very early in the S79 junior draft and both play Center for their respective teams.  While Rocky and Chaewon are both friendly off the ice, when they both are on the ice all bets are off and they both do whatever it takes to score goals and produce offense for their teams. Also, Tiny Princess on Colorado and Carolina's Greyson Willis have a history together too from their other sim league in slapshot I believe. The chirping has been fun to see from these two. Both Carolina and Colorado are in the same conference so there will be plenty of games to face off against each other this season. The underdogs would definitely have to be Carolina since we have the weaker roster on paper, but who knows what will happen we both hit the ice.

(169 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: aRCIyeu.png]
[Image: KS8UYv9.png] [Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
Thank you @Stadacona for the Chaewon player sig!

Going to have to call out Detroit. The amount of times Quebec and Detroit have had to face off in important playoff games, are too many to just bury the hatchet. Quite a few brushings with them late 60's early 70's.
Both teams were consistent cup contenders but the only time we both ended up in a final together Quebec took the W without too much hassle.
We have had quite a history of running into each other even in earlier rounds. You know anytime it's a Detroit v Quebec playoff round you are in for a great series.

The expansion and playoff restructure of S76 has led to the likelihood of Quebec and Detroit running into each other way less likely. It is likely a new rivalry is going to emerge soon and so far Kelowna is looking like the most likely.
Quebec ran over Kelowna during Quebec's latest cup run and a few seasons later Kelowna returned the favor steamrolling Quebec early to go on a win a cup themselves.

While the likely new chapter of rivalries is being written, let's not forget the old ones with Deotrit. Should we see a Detroit vs Quebec finals the rivalry might just be ignited full blaze again.

As a member of the Whalers, I think it would be fair to say that every team in the league right now is our rival. We have been beaten down, thrown around, and shut down by every team in the league (except Newfoundland). As a player who is still pretty new to the league, I don't really know which team we have a particularly strong rivalry against, but my team says it’s Anchorage or Kelowna. If I had to pick for myself, I think it would have to be Quebec, because they’re just too good at scoring goals, and they put 7 past me and I think that was just plain mean :(  I think the next time that I end up facing them I will be getting a shutout and we’re gonna put 10 in the net just to spite them. I might even put on in myself, just for fun Smile

[Image: trentmackenzie88.png]
Trent Mackenzie | Vancouver Whalers | Player Page

[Image: image.png?ex=6719a25e&is=671850de&hm=dfc...82a27bdec&]

I have no idea about traditional rivalries of this league but the team i'll pick for this seems to be one of the newer ones anyway. So it seems like Quebec always looses to the San Diego Tidal for some reason. Why? Quebec is first and San Diego is 2nd to last in the standings. This should be a blowout every game. San Diego is 7-13-3 and Quebec is 19-4-0. but the series between thos two teams in 2 - 0 with a score of 15 - 9 for the San Diego TIdal. So for some sketchy reason those pesky surfers are able to win every game. They must pay off the refs or something like that. On top of that, ahead of the draft, my own player declared openly in the media, that San Diego is the coolest team and her favourite team in the entire league. Stil they ended up being the only team of the league not reaching out to me. That's some pretty insulting stuff. So now there is definetly also some personal petty and animosity involved. So... let's get to the point: Screw San Diego! BOOOOOOO!