Create Account

Official NBA Thread

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@Dec 6 2012, 07:46 PM

[b]I've watched him play
, he's not "bad", and if you think that he is, then you really need to watch some more basketball.  He isn't elite, but he's a good player, and one slow start to a year doesn't change that.

Do Toronto fans really treat all their under performing athletes like this?[/b]

lol obviously not

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Dec 6 2012, 07:57 PM

lol obviously not

Yes. I have.

If you consider this a bad player. . .

He's having a bad season(all 18 games of it), and he's been inconsistent, but he is not "bad".

Kwame Brown is bad. Bargnani is average. Maybe a little above it, and a stellar shooter for a big man.

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@Dec 6 2012, 08:19 PM

Yes.  I have.

If you consider this a bad player. . .

He's having a bad season(all 18 games of it), and he's been inconsistent, but he is not "bad".

Kwame Brown is bad.  Bargnani is average.  Maybe a little above it, and a stellar shooter for a big man.

Highlights for one game mean nothing. Tony Delk once scored 53 points in a game.

I mean I guess maybe "bad" can be unfair. Bargnani is barely average. The dude just doesn't care. He's 7 feet tall and has only averaged over 6 RPG once and only averaged over a block a game twice. Dude can drop buckets, sure. But when it comes down to it, he's not a difference maker, nor is he ever going to be an All-Star caliber player.

He would probably be the 2nd or 3rd option (if that) on most teams. Dude even only averaged 29% from 3 last year. He has played at least 33 MPG the last 3 seasons. I'm sure most (well not most, but a good majority) players in the NBA could average 19 PPG as the #1 option on a team in at least 30 minutes of play time a game.

EDIT: And by #1 option, I don't mean this year, although I guess you could say he's the #1 in Toronto with Lowry out.

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Dec 6 2012, 08:33 PM

Highlights for one game mean nothing. Tony Delk once scored 53 points in a game.

I mean I guess maybe "bad" can be unfair. Bargnani is barely average. The dude just doesn't care. He's 7 feet tall and has only averaged over 6 RPG once and only averaged over a block a game twice. Dude can drop buckets, sure. But when it comes down to it, he's not a difference maker, nor is he ever going to be an All-Star caliber player.

He would probably be the 2nd or 3rd option (if that) on most teams. Dude even only averaged 29% from 3 last year. He has played at least 33 MPG the last 3 seasons. I'm sure most (well not most, but a good majority) players in the NBA could average 19 PPG as the #1 option on a team in at least 30 minutes of play time a game.

EDIT: And by #1 option, I don't mean this year, although I guess you could say he's the #1 in Toronto with Lowry out.

Hmm, you're right. Well.

How
About
These
Then?

Lack of caring isn't an aspect of skill, he is a very talented player who is "soft", and that makes him inconsistent. Not bad. Hockey comparison would be(personality wise) Alexander Semin. Tons of talent. Doesn't give a fuck.

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@Dec 6 2012, 08:41 PM

Hmm, you're right.  Well.

How
About
These
Then?

Lack of caring isn't an aspect of skill, he is a very talented player who is "soft", and that makes him inconsistent.  Not bad.  Hockey comparison would be(personality wise) Alexander Semin.  Tons of talent.  Doesn't give a fuck.

lol, first link takes me here: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=8685

I will give you that though. Honestly I think Bargs is extremely talented but he doesn't play to his ability, thus the reason I say he's barely below average. He would be an all-star if he played up to his potential but he doesn't give a shit, so that will never happen.

Quote:Originally posted by DylanJK@Dec 6 2012, 09:05 PM

lol, first link takes me here: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=8685

I will give you that though. Honestly I think Bargs is extremely talented but he doesn't play to his ability, thus the reason I say he's barely below average. He would be an all-star if he played up to his potential but he doesn't give a shit, so that will never happen.

I dunno how dafuq that happened, I was looking at how PDC's worked hours ago, it shouldn't have still been on my clipboard. . .I've linked to stuff since then. . .

Who knows, maybe if he were traded somewhere else he would suddenly become more motivated and we would see him explode, he's no spring chicken, but he's not old enough yet to write off a breakout year.

1. He's a skinny dude and sometimes people forget how big most NBA players are.
2. After so many bad seasons what do you expect from the guy?

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@Dec 6 2012, 09:17 PM

I dunno how dafuq that happened, I was looking at how PDC's worked hours ago, it shouldn't have still been on my clipboard. . .I've linked to stuff since then. . .

Who knows, maybe if he were traded somewhere else he would suddenly become more motivated and we would see him explode, he's no spring chicken, but he's not old enough yet to write off a breakout year.

Good luck with that chief. He may give you a good 3 or 4 games and make you think that he finally gets it, but then he realizes caring and working hard is too much effort so he goes back to the usual soft and pathetic big man he is.

Ed Davis is twice the player he is.

Quote:Originally posted by Wheelz@Dec 7 2012, 07:38 AM

Good luck with that chief. He may give you a good 3 or 4 games and make you think that he finally gets it, but then he realizes caring and working hard is too much effort so he goes back to the usual soft and pathetic big man he is.

Ed Davis is twice the player he is.

Ed Davis is a nobody in this league man.

Quote:Originally posted by TEDDYbear777@Dec 7 2012, 04:16 PM

Ed Davis is a nobody in this league man.

Who the fuk cares how popular he is? Lol

OK Cam, Bargnani is awful, worst player ever, should be sent to play a different sport he is THAT awful. You have factually proven your point with such infalliable logic that I am writing a letter RIGHT now to the Toronto head office to inform them that, despite what their professional scouts have said, Bargnani should be moved RIGHT NOW for picks.

Anyway, Pacers vs Nuggets about to start, should be pretty fun, Denver is one of my favorite offenses in the league.

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@Dec 7 2012, 07:05 PM
OK Cam, Bargnani is awful, worst player ever, should be sent to play a different sport he is THAT awful.  You have factually proven your point with such infalliable logic that I am writing a letter RIGHT now to the Toronto head office to inform them that, despite what their professional scouts have said, Bargnani should be moved RIGHT NOW for picks.

Anyway, Pacers vs Nuggets about to start, should be pretty fun, Denver is one of my favorite offenses in the league.

Woh easy there. He isn't that bad. Wink

He's not good is the point I'm trying to make and doesnt deserve to play 30+ minutes a night consistently. I'll just leave it with that.

You can watch Primo tonight at 9.

Need some new shoes, what do you guys think of these? Swag enough for weekend warrior games at the local gym?

[Image: il_570xN.396002122_9m0p.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@Dec 8 2012, 10:12 PM
Need some new shoes, what do you guys think of these?  Swag enough for weekend warrior games at the local gym?

[Image: il_570xN.396002122_9m0p.jpg]

No.

Clippers just blew out the Raptors 102-83 hahaha.