Create Account

Why Is It...

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 12:14 AM

So I was right, this isn't about Darian picking Deezy as co-GM, it's still about you raging about your suspension. That's fine, but don't try to veil it by mixing in another story. Just come out and make a thread complaining again.

I'm still not understanding the whole playing favourites. You'll have to site examples for me because I'm not getting it. Deezy has dealt with one of the most severe punishments ever handed out in this league and he didn't make as much of a scene as you are.

You got suspended because your idea of exposing someone who wasn't doing their job well was idiotic. Who in their right minds would cheat on a PT to gain TPE to expose someone when they could of just, you know, told a commish?
He's convinced that there's bias involved in decisions. Apparently I choose Serpe's punishments which commissioners can tell you I had nothing to do with, and apparently it was also my decision to let Abdalla be a co-GM again, which I also had nothing to do with.

Scherbluk was asking me for advice on GM applications, and he mentioned Abdalla and the first thing I said is 'is that even allowed?'

He quoted a junior commissioner who said it's fine, and also I believe mentioned Spang said a while ago he didn't have a problem with it (which spangle admitted near the beginning of this thread).

But everyone assumes things and then it snowballs. In reality we try our best to make sure there's never any bias involved in order to avoid a conflict of interest, which is why Nando had no say in Green's suspension either.

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Jan 28 2013, 12:21 AM

It isn't completely about it my previous suspension but I just wanted to share with you my feelings of this bullshit ran league, and for favourites just look at the fucking Ivo thread and how the main argument is he is a good guy and good part of this league. and I never did it to expose their job so I don't even know how the fuck you got that idea I did it because I am bored as fuck of this league and how idiots that run it can do whatever they want even if it unfair yet we are suppose to sit back and let them do whatever they want so I though of doing the PT by just copying it and it worked so I claimed it until someone found out and waited to the last day until playoffs to expose us. Than Ivo steals TPE many times and people just say he is a good member so he should have a lesser suspension.

So because Ivo didn't get a 1000 game suspension, we're playing favourites? I thought there was more concrete evidence, but that was my fault I guess.

I recall pretty clearly that your argument for why you did it was to expose Taron's inability to do the jov correctly. If you are retracting that argument and substituting it with "I was bored so I cheated", then I am glad your suspension wasn't decreased.

Bullshit ran league eh? I'd love to agree with you, but I'm currently in middle of ushering in Season 12 of the SHL so our hundreds of active members can go back to watching their teams, making graphics, discuss sports and general things, and make media articles.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2
Regular Season - [G 3] [A 14] [Pts 17] [+/- +19] [PIM 18] [Hits 33] [SB 156]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Jan 28 2013, 12:26 AM

He's convinced that there's bias involved in decisions. Apparently I choose Serpe's punishments which commissioners can tell you I had nothing to do with, and apparently it was also my decision to let Abdalla be a co-GM again, which I also had nothing to do with.

Scherbluk was asking me for advice on GM applications, and he mentioned Abdalla and the first thing I said is 'is that even allowed?'

He quoted a junior commissioner who said it's fine, and also I believe mentioned Spang said a while ago he didn't have a problem with it (which spangle admitted near the beginning of this thread).

But everyone assumes things and then it snowballs. In reality we try our best to make sure there's never any bias involved in order to avoid a conflict of interest, which is why Nando had no say in Green's suspension either.
To be fair Boon and I are not putting anyone's names out there, we're simply arguing it using the person involved and the cases similar. So we're not trying to snowball anything I'm looking at this case not any other case (Aside from the people being banned for similar cases)

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 12:25 AM

You seem to only be focused on the rigging, not the fact he's "stuck it to the league" 3 times prior to that with his multi suspension, his suspension for robbing the bank to have a ridiculous amount of free TPE and his suspension for clear cap circumvention, going behind the entire league's back and putting dubious amounts of money in the bank accounts of juniors by PMing the bank manager and having them put the money so that the Junior commishes wouldn't find out...
he's not being put in a true position of power, and GM is the only position in the league that isn't league-appointed.

He would never be hired as a simmer, media director, progression director, etc.

This was Montreal's choice and he'll be monitored closely, and obviously if something else happens he knows that's it.

I don't mind talking about this with you Maxy because you're civil about it, it's when other people step up and start saying I have a hard-on for Abdeezy, or this is a bullshit league and the commissioners are stupid and biased and pick favourites etc., that's when I'm not gonna bother because it's immature.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 27 2013, 11:27 PM

So because Ivo didn't get a 1000 game suspension, we're playing favourites? I thought there was more concrete evidence, but that was my fault I guess.

I recall pretty clearly that your argument for why you did it was to expose Taron's inability to do the jov correctly. If you are retracting that argument and substituting it with "I was bored so I cheated", then I am glad your suspension wasn't decreased.

Bullshit ran league eh? I'd love to agree with you, but I'm currently in middle of ushering in Season 12 of the SHL so our hundreds of active members can go back to watching their teams, making graphics, discuss sports and general things, and make media articles.
No but like the thing that Verminski posted to compare suspensions we were suspended 1.71 games per TPE stole while Ivo was suspended 0.14 games per TPE stolen, and I never once had that argument of trying to expose Taron.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 12:29 AM

To be fair Boon and I are not putting anyone's names out there, we're simply arguing it using the person involved and the cases similar. So we're not trying to snowball anything I'm looking at this case not any other case (Aside from the people being banned for similar cases)
I'm not talking about you and Boon, you guys are pretty mature with your discussions

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 12:25 AM

You seem to only be focused on the rigging, not the fact he's "stuck it to the league" 3 times prior to that with his multi suspension, his suspension for robbing the bank to have a ridiculous amount of free TPE and his suspension for clear cap circumvention, going behind the entire league's back and putting dubious amounts of money in the bank accounts of juniors by PMing the bank manager and having them put the money so that the Junior commishes wouldn't find out...

People seem to forget he didn't just get that ban for rigging, he got it as a result of rigging in accompaniment to his prior suspensions...

I never discredited anything. The man paid for all of his wrong-doings. His player was deleted, he lost his team, his reputation went down the drain, and he had to come back and start from scratch knowing that he wouldn't be able to contribute to this site at all except for having a player.

This idea of Deezy getting off easy is ridiculous.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 12:18 AM

He was absolutely banned from the forum, but he PMed me before he got banned and apologized. He said he would take the banning and come back when it was done. He didn't put up a fight or create nonsense threads every day, he took his punishment and moved on.
he should have been absolutely banned from the league.
i wouldnt think he would put up a fight

Okay trolling aside, I'm going to add something now:

I don't think Deezy should ever be allowed a major job in this league, whatsoever. But I see no problem with him being co-GM, but nothing higher than that

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Jan 28 2013, 12:30 AM

I'm not talking about you and Boon, you guys are pretty mature with your discussions
Yeah I'm not trying to cause shit or get a rise out of this at all I'm actually trying to discuss (I know me doing this? Wow right Tongue) but I am trying to keep this a complete business aspect and not anything to do with the person involved personally, but more of his case. And in all honesty I find it hardpressed to give him another shot. If it's a Co-GM job then I think there should be some sort of concrete bearing on what he's allowed and not allowed to do. If he's just there as a locker room presence and help at trading and drafting, I have no issue whatsoever. I would honestly be torn if it involved anything to do with banking, bonuses, player updates or anything else that has an effect on the sim or players.

If there's a ruling that he's not allowed to deposit anything for the team, or update any players I don't have as much of a problem, the only problem I would have at that point would definitely be the fact that his punishment is being gone back on at which point it seems the league can't convene on a decision and keep one. I mean for instance, Meg came back as Bigmouth Bill Bass or something and we banned her even though she was being completely civil and did not cause any trouble whatsoever. Along with another one if memory serves, she was acting British I believe? But my point stands that she wasn't being herself, she wasn't causing problems and we immediately banned her, which I didn't have a problem with, but if we go back on this punishment, I find it hard-pressed to find justification in banning Meg again as another person when she didn't cause any trouble.

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Jan 28 2013, 12:30 AM

No but like the thing that Verminski posted to compare suspensions we were suspended 1.71 games per TPE stole while Ivo was suspended 0.14 games per TPE stolen, and I never once had that argument of trying to expose Taron.

That argument came from somewhere because I couldn't of made that up myself.

That's the thing, though. Comparing suspensions will always cause havoc. Have suspensions been rather inconsistent? For the most part, yes, but that comes with the territory. Even the NHL can't suspend hits to the head the same because every case has that one element that's different which causes a different punishment.

Listen, we're not out to get anybody and we're not playing favourites. We're trying our best to make sure everything is fair and equal for everyone. If you cheated, you're going to get punished. Do you have to like it? No, but the easiest way to avoid it is to not cheat.

The commissioners do not make the punishments by themselves so I don't understand that argument every time. There are a group of members who make the call. Are we involved? Of course, but you all seem to think that one commish comes and says "I like that guy, lower his suspension". No, it doesn't work like that.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

My problem is that it was explicitly stated that he was to not be allowed to be a Co-GM. Ive provided my opinion on other matters to this issue, but when it comes down to it, his punishment included not being allowed the position of Co-GM which he is now allowed to hold for reasons unbeknownst to me.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 12:31 AM

I never discredited anything. The man paid for all of his wrong-doings. His player was deleted, he lost his team, his reputation went down the drain, and he had to come back and start from scratch knowing that he wouldn't be able to contribute to this site at all except for having a player.

This idea of Deezy getting off easy is ridiculous.
Oh I'm not saying he got off easy at all, in comparison to the majority of suspensions he had it hard. But his punishment is now being gone back on and I just am having a hard time finding the justification in that

Quote:Originally posted by Boon@Jan 27 2013, 11:37 PM
My problem is that it was explicitly stated that he was to not be allowed to be a Co-GM.  Ive provided my opinion on other matters to this issue, but when it comes down to it, his punishment included not being allowed the position of Co-GM which he is now allowed to hold for reasons unbeknownst to me.

This...

And @ Buster, the line between GM and Co-GM isn't exactly thick... and as Boon said, his punishment specifically stated GM and Co-GM.

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Jan 28 2013, 12:38 AM

This...

And @ Buster, the line between GM and Co-GM isn't exactly thick... and as Boon said, his punishment specifically stated GM and Co-GM.

My co-GM was always my equal.