Create Account

Why Is It...

That rule was put in place when the suspension first happened. It's been a while now and things change, things always change.

We had rules in place that have been changed before, it comes with the ever changing society in this league.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2
Regular Season - [G 3] [A 14] [Pts 17] [+/- +19] [PIM 18] [Hits 33] [SB 156]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Jan 28 2013, 12:38 AM

This...

And @ Buster, the line between GM and Co-GM isn't exactly thick... and as Boon said, his punishment specifically stated GM and Co-GM.

Well, pretend I said nothing :ph34r:

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 27 2013, 11:40 PM
That rule was put in place when the suspension first happened. It's been a while now and things change, things always change.

What exactly has changed? Did he go back in time and undo the times he cheated? Of course he hasn't cheated since then... he was punished in a way to prevent him from doing so.

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Jan 28 2013, 12:40 AM

My co-GM was always my equal.
As is Syckez my equal, we're 50/50. The only thing separating us is that I can get my player for free if I retire while he would not be able to, other than that I have no powers he does not

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 12:40 AM

We had rules in place that have been changed before, it comes with the ever changing society in this league.
I find that hard to swallow, the league remains ultimately the same since that suspension was put in place, Deezy aside from doing what everyone else has done, that being following the rules, hasn't changed. But as has been stated several times, his punishment made it damn near impossible for him to cheat, us lessening that punishment is going to open up that door for him to revert back to his old ways potentially.

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Jan 28 2013, 12:41 AM

What exactly has changed? Did he go back in time and undo the times he cheated? Of course he hasn't cheated since then... he was punished in a way to prevent him from doing so.

He received a job where he can't do anything anyway. He's not simming, he's not a head GM, he's not running the bank, he's not organizing PTs.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 27 2013, 11:37 PM

That argument came from somewhere because I couldn't of made that up myself.

That's the thing, though. Comparing suspensions will always cause havoc. Have suspensions been rather inconsistent? For the most part, yes, but that comes with the territory. Even the NHL can't suspend hits to the head the same because every case has that one element that's different which causes a different punishment.

Listen, we're not out to get anybody and we're not playing favourites. We're trying our best to make sure everything is fair and equal for everyone. If you cheated, you're going to get punished. Do you have to like it? No, but the easiest way to avoid it is to not cheat.

The commissioners do not make the punishments by themselves so I don't understand that argument every time. There are a group of members who make the call. Are we involved? Of course, but you all seem to think that one commish comes and says "I like that guy, lower his suspension". No, it doesn't work like that.

I understand you are trying to make it fair for everyone but you gotta see that I feel favouritsm is in affect when a guy steals over 100 more TPE yet only gets 3 more games. And a main argument for it was because he was a good member of the league.

As for all the commish choosing in this case the only people who chose to let him be co was Toast and Krever.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 27 2013, 11:44 PM

He received a job where he can't do anything anyway. He's not simming, he's not a head GM, he's not running the bank, he's not organizing PTs.

... Exactly. So the argument that "he hasn't cheated since the punishment" is just plain dumb.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 12:44 AM

As I said, unless we put a concrete definition on what he's allowed and not allowed to do as Co-GM, I still have a problem with this

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Jan 28 2013, 12:45 AM

... Exactly. So the argument that "he hasn't cheated since the punishment" is just plain dumb.

Not necessarily. Many people have cheated without holding any job. You don't have to have a job or some power to cheat, as evidence by the many people that have cheated in this league.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 12:47 AM

Not necessarily. Many people have cheated without holding any job. You don't have to have a job or some power to cheat, as evidence by the many people that have cheated in this league.

Yeah like how I paid Richan to make sure that Nurmi outscores Uppercut this season!

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 12:47 AM

But the thing is Deezy has cheated without holding a job, 2 times, and both times he got caught and both times was punished. So while he hasn't cheated in 4 seasons, it could be argued he only did so, so he could work his way back into the trust circle enough where he could get a job. If you're on probation, you behave, the second you're off probation things can get a little more lax.

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Jan 28 2013, 12:45 AM

I understand you are trying to make it fair for everyone but you gotta see that I feel favouritsm is in affect when a guy steals over 100 more TPE yet only gets 3 more games. And a main argument for it was because he was a good member of the league.

As for all the commish choosing in this case the only people who chose to let him be co was Toast and Krever.

Listen, I understand your feelings towards the Ivo suspension. If you remember, I was the one who lobbied for harsher penalties. Being a good member of the league is not what favouritism is.

According to Krever, he didn't explicitly say Deezy was allowed. I trust Krever and I believe that.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Jan 28 2013, 12:49 AM

Yeah like how I paid Richan to make sure that Nurmi outscores Uppercut this season!

Waste of money, Uppercut is a scrub anyway.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 12:50 AM

But the thing is Deezy has cheated without holding a job, 2 times, and both times he got caught and both times was punished. So while he hasn't cheated in 4 seasons, it could be argued he only did so, so he could work his way back into the trust circle enough where he could get a job. If you're on probation, you behave, the second you're off probation things can get a little more lax.

You guys are implying that he has free range now that he's a co-GM. Do you not understand that everyone, not just us, will be monitoring him like crazy? His every move will be watched. Also, once again, being a co-GM brings rather minimal power in the NWJHL.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2