Create Account

Why Is It...

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Jan 28 2013, 12:45 AM

I understand you are trying to make it fair for everyone but you gotta see that I feel favouritsm is in affect when a guy steals over 100 more TPE yet only gets 3 more games. And a main argument for it was because he was a good member of the league.

As for all the commish choosing in this case the only people who chose to let him be co was Toast and Krever.
nope, like I've said, didn't have any say. I was told Scherbluk had the green light to hire Deezy if he pleased.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 27 2013, 10:44 PM

He received a job where he can't do anything anyway. He's not simming, he's not a head GM, he's not running the bank, he's not organizing PTs.

He is taking a job that someone else likely deserves.

Quote:Originally posted by Boon@Jan 28 2013, 02:30 AM

He is taking a job that someone else likely deserves.

Tell that to the guy who chose him over those other deserving candidates.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2
Regular Season - [G 3] [A 14] [Pts 17] [+/- +19] [PIM 18] [Hits 33] [SB 156]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 01:32 AM

Tell that to the guy who chose him over those other deserving candidates.

Okay? Not sure why you're so worked up over people not being as angry at Leafs... We're obviously more angry at the fact that 2 commissioners are basically trashing his punishment to give him yet another chance.

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Jan 28 2013, 06:37 AM

Okay? Not sure why you're so worked up over people not being as angry at Leafs... We're obviously more angry at the fact that 2 commissioners are basically trashing his punishment to give him yet another chance.
That's my thoughts, I'm not going to be mad at someone doing something they're allowed to do. In this case I'd be mad at the person allowing him to do it.

I just don't like the fact that someone who's supposed to be banned from getting a job is able to get one. It's kinda a slap in the face to others who have been trying time and time again to get a job.

(VR, Dave Smith, BK, Secord, ect. ect.)

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 07:06 AM

That's my thoughts, I'm not going to be mad at someone doing something they're allowed to do. In this case I'd be mad at the person allowing him to do it.

I just don't like the fact that someone who's supposed to be banned from getting a job is able to get one. It's kinda a slap in the face to others who have been trying time and time again to get a job.

(VR, Dave Smith, BK, Secord, ect. ect.)

I'm hardly angry at Darian for anything. I'm just curious why he didn't get attacked as much as Hallsy did (I know why, but it would be nice for people to actually admit something).

I'm not one to deflect blame on other people for something that someone else did. While Darian was given permission to pick Deezy, he didn't have to at all. We didn't hold a virtual gun to his head to do it.

Clearly Deezy was the best choice or else Darian would of picked someone else, right?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 03:48 PM

I'm not one to deflect blame on other people for something that someone else did. While Darian was given permission to pick Deezy, he didn't have to at all. We didn't hold a virtual gun to his head to do it.

Clearly Deezy was the best choice or else Darian would of picked someone else, right?

Yeahthat i know a lot of people don't forgive deezy for his past actions but having the opportunity to experience what it was like to have him in the LR for S7 and S8 with the impact was just amazing.

he proved through his application/pitch that he was the best person for the job and i was not going to let the criticism towards deezy get in the way of hiring him. put aside all of his mistakes from the past with the rules and there was no better candidate.

he is such a great mentor for the juniors (from my personal experience), the activity we had with him in the LR back in S7 reached over 100 pages of discussion and he can keep juniors active, he has proven to have a really good work ethic and he has a lot of prior knowledge on how to build a great franchise from his past experiences gming the impact. all in all i could not find one negative either then his past suspensions and i am sure he has learned his lesson and i will be there to keep a watchful eye on him.

when making this final decision i based it solely on who i think could be the best possible gm in terms of activity, LR presence, mentoring ability, consistency, experience and new ideas that were proposed. but most of all deezy will bring some qualities that not many people can with his unmatchable passion for the impact and he will renew the Impact's great heritage and history with Vive L'Impact. people may look down on him for his past mistakes but honestly deezy proved to me that there was no better candidate

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Quote:Originally posted by leafsftw1967@Jan 28 2013, 04:35 PM

Yeahthat i know a lot of people don't forgive deezy for his past actions but having the opportunity to experience what it was like to have him in the LR for S7 and S8 with the impact was just amazing.

he proved through his application/pitch that he was the best person for the job and i was not going to let the criticism towards deezy get in the way of hiring him. put aside all of his mistakes from the past with the rules and there was no better candidate.

he is such a great mentor for the juniors (from my personal experience), the activity we had with him in the LR back in S7 reached over 100 pages of discussion and he can keep juniors active, he has proven to have a really good work ethic and he has a lot of prior knowledge on how to build a great franchise from his past experiences gming the impact. all in all i could not find one negative either then his past suspensions and i am sure he has learned his lesson and i will be there to keep a watchful eye on him.

when making this final decision i based it solely on who i think could be the best possible gm in terms of activity, LR presence, mentoring ability, consistency, experience and new ideas that were proposed. but most of all deezy will bring some qualities that not many people can with his unmatchable passion for the impact and he will  renew the Impact's great heritage and history with Vive L'Impact. people may look down on him for his past mistakes but honestly deezy proved to me that there was no better candidate

I'd stay active too if my GM was siphoning millions of dollars into my account :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 03:48 PM

I'm hardly angry at Darian for anything. I'm just curious why he didn't get attacked as much as Hallsy did (I know why, but it would be nice for people to actually admit something).

But the problem is not that Deezy was the best choice the problem is Deezy is forbade from having ANY GM or Co-GM job according to the punishment dished out about 3 seasons ago, Pete Rose was one of the best players ever, he was banned from ever playing in the MLB again, despite the fact that he was one of the best, he wasn't able to play because of that. Deezy being the best option is completely irrelevant here.

Stop bitching and click this to solve all the league problems.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 05:31 PM

But the problem is not that Deezy was the best choice the problem is Deezy is forbade from having ANY GM or Co-GM job according to the punishment dished out about 3 seasons ago, Pete Rose was one of the best players ever, he was banned from ever playing in the MLB again, despite the fact that he was one of the best, he wasn't able to play because of that. Deezy being the best option is completely irrelevant here.

Using the Pete Rose example:

If they overturn their punishment of ever letting him into the HOF, are you going to going to upset because the MLB decided to change their minds?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 77
37-16-2

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Jan 28 2013, 02:35 PM
Stop bitching and click this to solve all the league problems.

tf toilet paper gnna do 2 help us in a situation like dis

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Jan 28 2013, 05:37 PM

Using the Pete Rose example:

If they overturn their punishment of ever letting him into the HOF, are you going to going to upset because the MLB decided to change their minds?
No. If they overturned it and allowed him to play again that'd be a bit different. But it's also been 24 years. If you guys want to let Deezy into the HOF be my guest but changing the ban is stupid imo, why put a punishment only to overturn it 3 seasons later?

Quote:Originally posted by Idot@Jan 28 2013, 05:38 PM

tf toilet paper gnna do 2 help us in a situation like dis

Get rid of the shit. ( ͡° ͜ᴥ ͡°)

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 28 2013, 05:31 PM

But Deezy wasn't forbade FOREVER.