Create Account

Commissioner! Click here and win a free trip to China.

don't know if I agree with that, but can we please also discuss allowing all rookies to play in juniior? I think it's only fair in allowing SHL teams to actually have use of that league... and it also makes more people follow that league and make it more meaningful.

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Jan 28 2013, 11:47 AM
don't know if I agree with that, but can we please also discuss allowing all rookies to play in juniior? I think it's only fair in allowing SHL teams to actually have use of that league... and it also makes more people follow that league and make it more meaningful.

I can't believe that wasn't the case before, to be honest.

Quote:Originally posted by Chris-McZehrl@Jan 28 2013, 11:45 AM

no klosy .... of the banked TPE Tongue

Oh, for those few people who have been banking it? Sure.

Sure, it may be beneficial to the SHL teams, but what about the juniors? It isn't too fair to have a guy with 200+ TPE more than they will have, I don't see the fairness in that at all.

Claiming that teams don't have room for the rookies is bull unless they were inactive for majority of the season. Look at Hamilton, they had Schultz and Miller all season with a stacked roster.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Jan 28 2013, 05:47 PM

the rookies of the S9, S10, S11, S12, S13 and so on Draft :lol:
they must recreate later too! i think one draft class must start with that! Wink

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by Toastrio@Jan 28 2013, 11:51 AM
Sure, it may be beneficial to the SHL teams, but what about the juniors? It isn't too fair to have a guy with 200+ TPE more than they will have, I don't see the fairness in that at all.

Claiming that teams don't have room for the rookies is bull unless they were inactive for majority of the season. Look at Hamilton, they had Schultz and Miller all season with a stacked roster.

But the true juniors can get sent down the next season and experience the flip side of it. I don't think that waiving the 325 cap for just-drafted players is really going to affect that many players anyway, and frankly, if someone puts in the time to get up to 325 by the end of their junior season, I'm fine with them dominating the NWJHL for a year. They worked their ass off to get good.

Quote:Originally posted by Toastrio@Jan 28 2013, 05:51 PM

then we had this rule bud ...
one year SHL rookies can play with each TOTAL TPE! but the 2nd year SHL rookies can play only with 325 TPE not more! Wink

you see that is possible, but we must start with that in one draft class! all rookies have it later too! Wink or not? Smile

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

Quote:Originally posted by Chris-McZehrl@Jan 28 2013, 11:54 AM

then we had this rule bud ...
one year SHL rookies can play with each TOTAL TPE! but the 2nd year SHL rookies can play only with 325 TPE not more! Wink

you see that is possible, but we must start with that in one draft class! all rookies have it later too! Wink or not? Smile

I don't agree with this at all. I think we should stick to a strict 325 TPE cap for all players, but eh, I'll talk to Wadey and JP about it.

I do agree with Jeff i think this should be revised, obviously i don't personally have that issue just yet, but i do remember a Hawks team that had like 40 active players and GMs shouldn't be handcuffed when it comes to being able to send down rookies.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jan 28 2013, 11:58 AM
I do agree with Jeff i think this should be revised, obviously i don't personally have that issue just yet, but i do remember a Hawks team that had like 40 active players and GMs shouldn't be handcuffed when it comes to being able to send down rookies.

It's not like I'm saying any rookies are unable to be sent down. Just the guys that are above 325, which most guys don't hit for their first season. The odd case like Bleak being over (or not depending what he decides) shouldn't be allowed to be sent down.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jan 28 2013, 05:58 PM

yes i think the total idea is great! if we let then all rookie (1st year SHL Player) sent down and we look not on the TPE then that is great! the 2nd year SHL Player can have 325 TPE not more! then the banked TPE you get 10% for the new recreated player + the rest change to money! we have more recreates and the league can live very long! and this have all players in the future! Wink or not! they must only stay active! if not shit happens! Wink

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

Quote:Originally posted by Toastrio@Jan 28 2013, 12:01 PM

It's not like I'm saying any rookies are unable to be sent down. Just the guys that are above 325, which most guys don't hit for their first season. The odd case like Bleak being over (or not depending what he decides) shouldn't be allowed to be sent down.

But how do you deal with players who break 325 after two weeks of the junior season or something? Do they just get ejected from the league? That doesn't make any sense.

Quote:Originally posted by Toastrio@Jan 28 2013, 06:01 PM

the problem is .... the TTC and the PTs! you forget this! Wink

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

Well I think any rookie should be allowed to go down. It clears up controversy in terms of players banking points, it clears up complications in case a player goes over 325 TPE mid-season, and it gives the SHL teams a little bit more flexibility (and the entire purpose of the NWJHL is to serve the SHL, whether to develop current SHL prospects, or prospects that will soon play in the SHL).

I don't understand why you guys are intimidated by having some higher TPE players in the NWJHL anyway. It would make it a more interesting league and would generate more buzz among members, that's what you should want as a league too.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jan 28 2013, 12:02 PM

But how do you deal with players who break 325 after two weeks of the junior season or something? Do they just get ejected from the league? That doesn't make any sense.

If they get sent down before 325, there is nothing that I could say about it.