Create Account

Commissioner! Click here and win a free trip to China.

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Jan 28 2013, 05:08 PM
Two things from my point of view:

1. There should be no banking points, period.

2. I think any first-year player should be allowed to be sent down, regardless of TPE. I get the point of not having second-year guys dominate with their high TPEs, but most SHL teams can't fit rookies in their lineup, and it's better for them to go to the minors.

If each team gets one designated rookie send down I don't think it'll cause issues in junior, so for that reason I think any first-year SHL draftee, regardless of TPE, should be allowed to play in the NWJHL.

Yeahthat

That's how I see it as well. Maybe we could make it that every first-year-pro would be allowed to be sent down at the BEGINNING of the season. After that, every player who gets sent down would have to be under 325 TPE...
And how about allowing second-year-pros to be sent down as well, if they are under let's say 250 or 300 TPE?

PS: I also think that giving out some money for banked TPE would be a good idea.

PPS: Hell no to Recreates getting more points to start their player. Everyone should start out at 155, don't make it even harder for new members to compete.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 28 2013, 07:24 PM

Yeahthat

That's how I see it as well. Maybe we could make it that every first-year-pro would be allowed to be sent down at the BEGINNING of the season. After that, every player who gets sent down would have to be under 325 TPE...
And how about allowing second-year-pros to be sent down as well, if they are under let's say 250 or 300 TPE?

PS: I also think that giving out some money for banked TPE would be a good idea.

PPS: Hell no to Recreates getting more points to start their player. Everyone should start out at 155, don't make it even harder for new members to compete.

david i know! but the thing is ... the oldies want not the recreate ... with this change i think they would do that! and the newbies can read this in the rulebook! they know later they have the same chance with the banked TPE and so on! Wink

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

What I wrote is not the same as banking TPE. They're continuing to update, it's just not applied until they go back to the SHL. As a former NWJHL Commish, allowing guys with way too much TPE into the NWJHL almost always completely ruins and imbalances the league. It will not happen.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jan 28 2013, 11:05 AM
My stance on the issue is that a player must be under 325 TPE to be sent down to the NWJHL, regardless of how old their player is. If they are sent down at 324, and want to continue earning TPE, they can do so - they just can not be updated until they are called back up to the SHL. This is because it would make them far too much better, and it makes the league about send-downs and not juniors.

Sure it sucks for guys who are at 326, but very few reach even 325 before being sent down (usually at the start of the season), and you have to draw the line somewhere. Is it also unfair for a sophomore with 326 TPE? Yeah, just as unfair. Lines have to be drawn though.

The reality is that very very few prospects are at 325 TPE at the start of the SHL season, so there is PLENTY of opportunity for teams to send down their active rookies. It's not like we're getting rid of all of them.

As far as putting restrictions on playing time for send-downs, sure it works in theory, but you have to understand some of the people we're dealing with. Guys who will ask to be called back up if they aren't getting all the playing time, and that's not me making a stretch, this has been brought up. It's not so simple as putting those restrictions on.
Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by Toastrio@Jan 28 2013, 10:07 AM

Because I've had the pleasure of watching what send downs try for the past couple of days. Wolf and Bleak want a shit ton of ice time, and are going to get it if they're sent down, meaning that any junior drafted by Vancouver is going to take a back seat to the send downs and not get the full experience of what a junior player should get just so we can let the over powered players dominate the league?

Trust me i will make sure the drafted players and the send downs get their ice time.

[Image: hallsy.png]

We should all be forced to retire, put player types back in, and stop arguing so much.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jan 28 2013, 02:50 PM
We should all be forced to retire, put player types back in, and stop arguing so much.

dat draft class :o

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Jan 28 2013, 10:38 AM
While I'll be fine with the rule proposed here by you guys (every first year rookie allowed, 2nd year is under 325 TPE) we would have to put restrictions on playing time I you are over 325 TPE.

You shouldn't be allowed to play more than a rookie joining he NWJHL, so you would have to play second line duties. We had this rule when we allowed those from the EEL (or EHL or whatever) to join the SHL on our bad recruitment year.
Ilike

send downs over 325 can't play over active juniors.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 28 2013, 07:24 PM

Yeahthat

we could do one other thing with the banked TPE! HITS REGRESSION!
the players hits regression on the skills! then the players they banked TPE use again to 99 :lol:
i think that is a little bit stupid! Wink and then it is normal if they want no recreate! they know ... i lose TPE but i have my banked TPE! they can laugh about that Wink
we need really good decisions now for the league! and then ok .... we could change the rest of the banked TPE to money!

for example S1 player hits now 6% or not?
he has banked 100 TPE .... after regression of the player ... he has lost 6 TPE! that is much? i think no! the rest for money if the player recreate! then he has a great start with money for his new player! the bonus for this great long activity Wink
but without the regression on the banked TPE is that stupid! you see that is nothing with 6%! maybe we do that now for all! all they banked TPE lost 6% or so! then how has David write about this problem .... he and me ... we have in the importants skills 99! we could start with banked TPE .... if we have now a regression ... than that is better i think!

one thing is certain ... We need improvements! not just with this theme but overall! it must be friendly to new! particularly interesting and attractive! otherwise I see black here! Wink

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jan 28 2013, 11:51 AM

dat draft class  :o

who would go first?

I say fever imo. dat bank.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jan 28 2013, 01:51 PM

dat draft class  :o

30 rounds of the draft, 14 teams....It would be awesome.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jan 28 2013, 11:54 AM

30 rounds of the draft, 14 teams....It would be awesome.

it would also take 2 days to complete, lol.

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsyhasballsy@Jan 28 2013, 01:55 PM

it would also take 2 days to complete, lol.

More authentic to the NHL then!

The obvious decision to me just seems to be to allow rookies (and others) below 325 to be sent down. They can continue updating after that, but it isn't applied until they are called up.

This is not the same as banking TPE.

It prevents them from having double the TPE their junior counterparts do, which is just unfair and imbalanced - the league IS about the juniors after all.

This way it closes the loopholes. They can withhold updates and stay at 324 if they're that close, until such time that they are sent down, and when they are, continue on with their updating. It won't be applied until they hit the SHL.

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsyhasballsy@Jan 28 2013, 11:53 AM

Ilike

send downs over 325 can't play over active juniors.

The problem with this is that send downs will ask to be called up.

Not sure I read OC's original post correctly though...

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23