Create Account

Why the Seattle Stingrays the realistic view in drafting.

It is easy for us the GMs to sit on the outside and demand that the draftees tell us why they should be drafted to any team. The hope for every GM is pretty simple, we want active members who are here to have a good time and not want to start fights.

Real easy right? Well not really most people have the best of intentions to do really well in this league but a number of influence can change that. This makes drafting a real shot in the dark for GMs. So while we are scanning and talking to new members trying to get to know them and figure out a commitment level the draftees should be doing the same with these GMs. An interview is a two way street a chance to get a future employer see what you are made of and if you will fit into their plans, it is also an opportunity for you to get to know what kind of company your employer runs and if you would like it there.

To that end I want to say this to all the up and coming draftees for season 7, why Seattle?

First off what does everyone want, they want to be remembered. We all joined this league because we want to reach some sort of greatness a hockey player has in our own mind. Here in Seattle we have a number of team awards, I keep track of all time top stat categories, seasonal history, we have a team Hall of Fame for elite players, and finally I am going to be adding a draft history to our team. That means no matter what happens you will always be remembered as a part of the Stingray's organization, if you can accomplish greatness here you can become an award winner. Your player will have a chance to always be remembered for the deeds he did.

Secondly you will have a great GM. I know I am tooting my own horn right now, but honestly I am a damn good GM. I take time teaching you about the league, helping you grow and what direction you should take as a player. I help feed you information of what to do to really succeed. I know two things first I am a teacher as a GM in the juniors not just a coach; most players in juniors are first year players who need direction on where to go and how the site works. Secondly I know I must participate in the daily activities in the league as well in order to unify a team, nothing is worse then a GM who doesn't care about what his team is doing. This extra help and the care I throw in make the site and the league more enjoyable.

Finally you are going to be taught from a guy who has experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows in this league. I went early in the junior draft and was very active. Had a great preseason, but I sucked throughout the regular season. In the playoffs I did ok. When it came to the SHL draft I went in the second round, not to bad, but for a guy who was a second overall pick it was a fall from grace. I then went on to win the Calder Trophy in the SHL and with my second season I tied for the Richard Trophy. As a rookie GM my Stingrays had the worst regular season record maybe ever, but we kept hopeful I really played with the lines and found a new starting goalie. Now we are playing the playoff finals with the same team that couldn't buy a win in the regular season. Simply put I have done it all had great success and failure, but I always have a lot of fun along the way.

Good luck to all draftees stay active have fun in this league and expect some PM's as I try and get to know you.

Cheers

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Doesn't compare to the Knights though. History, great gming, excellent drafting, and me :D

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Stingrays=number 1 choice....you've played for me, time for me to play for you Wink

Although before anyone starts whining I'll play anywhere Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Dec 31 2011, 01:09 PM
Stingrays=number 1 choice....you've played for me, time for me to play for you Wink

Although before anyone starts whining I'll play anywhere Tongue

Knights for #2?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

As much as i like the Firebirds, and want them to win, and chear for them every season, etc.

The Knights are winning it all this season.

Quote:Originally posted by WiTzzEL@Dec 31 2011, 12:30 PM
As much as i like the Firebirds, and want them to win, and chear for them every season, etc.

The Knights are winning it all this season.

How can you possibly know this considering the teams have no players ATM.

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Dec 31 2011, 01:31 PM

How can you possibly know this considering the teams have no players ATM.

Joker agreed to send me stud and Walker down to the Knights for a year of development.

Quote:Originally posted by habsfanfromontario@Dec 31 2011, 12:34 PM

Joker agreed to send me stud and Walker down to the Knights for a year of development.

CHEATER

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Dec 31 2011, 01:35 PM

CHEATER

I need to develop some offensive flair whereas Stud is coming down to develop chemistry with me Wink

the Stringrays are THE nest team in the NWJHL no questions asked

[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

I forgot what happened in the playoffs with the Knights...oh yeah 4 game sweep by the STINGRAYS!

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Quote:Originally posted by spidey@Dec 31 2011, 03:11 PM
I forgot what happened in the playoffs with the Knights...oh yeah 4 game sweep by the STINGRAYS!

How have the Rays been every other season.

Knights 2 cups, 7 series won, first team to eliminate the PGF in the first round. WHAT?!

Quote:Originally posted by habsfanfromontario@Dec 31 2011, 12:15 PM

How have the Rays been every other season.

Knights 2 cups, 7 series won, first team to eliminate the PGF in the first round. WHAT?!
We've only had one other season as the Stingrays, but at least we went to 7 games, WHHAAAAAT?

You want a medal of honor or something

[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Cornelius The 3rd@Dec 31 2011, 12:40 PM
the Stringrays are THE nest team in the NWJHL no questions asked

Ilike