Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Wowzers.

Steven Jackson to Atlanta

Kenny Phillips to Philly (I knew he was leaving but why Philly :( )

Cary Williams to Philly

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Mar 14 2013, 03:31 PM

supposedly the offer was 3yr/24mil.
his agent clearly misread the market
I'd say. He's a role player a lot of teams can't use a slot receiver as well as they can use other receivers but I guess over this season is when it kinda went south, if the offer was really there for 3 years they were clearly willing to commit then. Iunno how much I believe it though

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Mar 14 2013, 03:33 PM
Wowzers.

[b]Steven Jackson to Atlanta

Cary Williams to Philly[/b]
Called it B)

Happy for S-Jax. He's been a good player for years and deserves to chalk up some W's for a change.

As for Phillips, he was one of my favorite Giants, but it was time for him to go. He's always hurt and was outplayed by Stevie Brown, though I am concerned that Brown was a one-hit wonder. Just sad he chose to go to Philly.

For Williams, RIP RAVENS.

Oh and former Pittsburgh CB Keenan Lewis signs a 5-yr deal with Nawlins.

the Pats better go HARD for Ed Reed

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Mar 14 2013, 03:33 PM
Wowzers.

Steven Jackson to Atlanta

Cary Williams to Philly

Stevie thoooooo! Always been a big fan of his and now he comes to my team. so excited for this season!

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 14 2013, 02:53 PM

I put Wallace in the same category that Chris Johnson is in. He was playing for his pay day, now he's got his money and he's not going to care anymore. Chris Johnson said "I want to be the highest paid running back in the game" Adrian Peterson said "I want to be the BEST PLAYER in the game" Wallace has an attitude problem, he's not out there to make his team better, he's out there to make himself rich. He's got the same complex that Terrell Owens has. He's not somebody you want on your team especially a young team. He's going to cause more problems than he will great plays I'm willing to bet

I hate this approach people take on players. Playing for their money? I understand in the NBA, NHL and I believe MLB where all of their money is guaranteed. In the NFL, only maybe half is guaranteed. Personally I think that viewpoint is stupid because if they really want all that money they signed for, they gotta work for it. Just my personal opinion on that

Also, Wallace was clearly unhappy in Pitt. I think he'll thrive and become a #1 target in a new environment, with a great young QB.

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Mar 14 2013, 01:01 PM

I hate this approach people take on players. Playing for their money? I understand in the NBA, NHL and I believe MLB where all of their money is guaranteed. In the NFL, only maybe half is guaranteed. Personally I think that viewpoint is stupid because if they really want all that money they signed for, they gotta work for it. Just my personal opinion on that

Also, Wallace was clearly unhappy in Pitt. I think he'll thrive and become a #1 target in a new environment, with a great young QB.

It works in the nfl too lol.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Mar 14 2013, 04:07 PM

It works in the nfl too lol.

y

Eagles sign Connor Barwin to 6-yr deal

Holy what.

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Mar 14 2013, 04:23 PM

y
Because they're still guaranteed GREAT amount of money, and the signing bonus is huge. I don't remember where I saw it but I think Wallace is getting 6mill guaranteed. They get plenty of money. The numbers that show up are ridiculous (IE: a 120 million dollar deal over 6 years.) but the guaranteed money is there. (30-40 mill guaranteed in most cases. That's still almost 6mill a year, and most of the bonuses are attainable easily)

Also with guys like Wallace, it doesn't matter who's at QB. Look at Terrell Owens. It doesn't matter who's at QB or where they're playing they're out for themselves. If he doesn't get enough touches, if the team flounders, if he doesn't get whichever parking spot he wants it'll be a huge deal.

Implying Tannehill isn't a freaking beast

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Ariana Grande@Mar 14 2013, 06:40 PM
Implying Tannehill isn't a freaking beast

Not yet he isn't.