Create Account

NFL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by cezar@Apr 23 2013, 06:50 PM

He won't fall past 14, if the Jets don't pick him at 13 then the Panthers will.  And this is all of course if the Dolphins or Bills don't take him either.

Personally as a panther fan I am saddened that we will most likely get Sheldon Richardson.  I don't like what I've seen from him and would take Star Lotulelei over him 1000x but he'll be gone most likely.  Chance Warmack, Kenny Vacarro, and Austin are the guys I would love to have come thursday.
Personally speaking, I don't think Tavon should go that high. He's a slot receiver, granted a great utility guy, but he's not big enough to be a great redzone target. I think he's more of a 20-32 pick, personally. But if a team is taking him that high, go for it, he's going to be good enough to draw attention. New York with Santonio and Hill could probably use him to open up the sidelines a bit. (Btw, this is coming from a West Virginian who's seen his whole career and loved him since he was Sophomore)

Also, as a Browns fan, I hope we trade down into the early teens and pick up Chance Warmack if he's dropping that low. We need a bruiser at guard to help Richardson, since what we have now can't get any push and it hurts his numbers. I think he could average 4.5 yards per carry with a decent guard to go with our good center and great tackles. And Warmack is better than just decent, he's incredible. I'm really hoping we get him, and if not then Jonathan Cooper could work.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

What a shitty QB class this year.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Apr 23 2013, 06:01 PM
What a shitty QB class this year.
Nassib will be the only one to make something of himself imo.

And JayTee while I agree that Austin's hype has him being taken higher than he should but just thinking of the possibilites with Cam running the offense to use Tavon as a chesspiece either in the slot, as a vertical guy, or even in the backfield it has my mouth watering. He screams playmaker, just hope he can stay healthy with his delicate frame.

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Apr 23 2013, 06:58 PM

Personally speaking, I don't think Tavon should go that high. He's a slot receiver, granted a great utility guy, but he's not big enough to be a great redzone target. I think he's more of a 20-32 pick, personally. But if a team is taking him that high, go for it, he's going to be good enough to draw attention. New York with Santonio and Hill could probably use him to open up the sidelines a bit. (Btw, this is coming from a West Virginian who's seen his whole career and loved him since he was Sophomore)

Also, as a Browns fan, I hope we trade down into the early teens and pick up Chance Warmack if he's dropping that low. We need a bruiser at guard to help Richardson, since what we have now can't get any push and it hurts his numbers. I think he could average 4.5 yards per carry with a decent guard to go with our good center and great tackles. And Warmack is better than just decent, he's incredible. I'm really hoping we get him, and if not then Jonathan Cooper could work.

I'm a WVU fan and watched Tavon his whole career as well and I disagree. He's an impact player and will make a big difference to whatever team drafts him. He has so much more value to a team than just as a slot guy; if you're a WVU fan you should know this.

Quote:Originally posted by cezar@Apr 23 2013, 07:31 PM

And JayTee while I agree that Austin's hype has him being taken higher than he should but just thinking of the possibilites with Cam running the offense to use Tavon as a chesspiece either in the slot, as a vertical guy, or even in the backfield it has my mouth watering.  He screams playmaker, just hope he can stay healthy with his delicate frame.
You really think Nassib is good? Who do you watch? lol. I don't see him being anything more than a back-up, his motion is awkward, his velocity isn't great, and he lacks athleticism to make up for it. I've personally loved Matt Barkley since his freshman year, and think he'll be a good starter in the league, just never great. I think he's the best in the class, with Geno Smith a close second because he has all the tools, just lacks the intangibles on the field to get the team going and is a little too much of a headcase. Barkley is very good, but can't handle pressure very well and that's what held him back this year with a weak o-line and depth issues from a lack of scholarships.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.

Quote:Originally posted by cezar@Apr 23 2013, 07:31 PM

And JayTee while I agree that Austin's hype has him being taken higher than he should but just thinking of the possibilites with Cam running the offense to use Tavon as a chesspiece either in the slot, as a vertical guy, or even in the backfield it has my mouth watering.  He screams playmaker, just hope he can stay healthy with his delicate frame.

lol I think Nassib sucks. I don't know why people are so down on Geno lately, either way he's likely going to go in the top half of the draft so it'll be a good day for WVU and its fans.

Being that I live in NC, I would absolutely love to see Tavon to the Panthers. I get every single one of their games obviously, so I would get to see him play every week, which would be sick.

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Apr 23 2013, 07:46 PM

You really think Nassib is good? Who do you watch? lol. I don't see him being anything more than a back-up, his motion is awkward, his velocity isn't great, and he lacks athleticism to make up for it. I've personally loved Matt Barkley since his freshman year, and think he'll be a good starter in the league, just never great. I think he's the best in the class, with Geno Smith a close second because he has all the tools, just lacks the intangibles on the field to get the team going and is a little too much of a headcase. Barkley is very good, but can't handle pressure very well and that's what held him back this year with a weak o-line and depth issues from a lack of scholarships.

lol Geno >>>> Barkley. Geno has a higher ceiling, although Barkley has a higher floor. Geno's gonna be good man.

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Apr 23 2013, 04:47 PM

lol I think Nassib sucks. I don't know why people are so down on Geno lately, either way he's likely going to go in the top half of the draft so it'll be a good day for WVU and its fans.

Being that I live in NC, I would absolutely love to see Tavon to the Panthers. I get every single one of their games obviously, so I would get to see him play every week, which would be sick.

He will be top 10 probably, but that isn't great. A team will pick him based on positional needs and will be looking for another qb soon imo.

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Apr 23 2013, 07:45 PM

I'm a WVU fan and watched Tavon his whole career as well and I disagree. He's an impact player and will make a big difference to whatever team drafts him. He has so much more value to a team than just as a slot guy; if you're a WVU fan you should know this.
You obviously don't understand NFL offenses as well. Slot guys are impact players with their speed. Trust me, he's not going to play outside because to play outside you have to be at least 6' tall and able to jump, because these cornerbacks aren't like those in college who leave the top open for it to just drop in there like Tavon kept getting. He won't just race past everybody, he's going to be beat up and he can't take that with his size. He's a slot utility guy who will play in the backfield like a Darren Sproles type at times, and provide great value to the right team. But he has to go to the right coaches/quarterback for it to happen, he's not a #1 guy.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Apr 23 2013, 07:50 PM

He will be top 10 probably, but that isn't great. A team will pick him based on positional needs and will be looking for another qb soon imo.

I guess we'll agree to disagree then haha.

Anyways, really hoping Geno goes to the Eagles. Perfect situation for him imo. Can't get much better coming in to the league with DeSean, Maclin, McCoy, Brown and an improving oline at your disposal.

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Apr 23 2013, 07:53 PM

You obviously don't understand NFL offenses as well. Slot guys are impact players with their speed. Trust me, he's not going to play outside because to play outside you have to be at least 6' tall and able to jump, because these cornerbacks aren't like those in college who leave the top open for it to just drop in there like Tavon kept getting. He won't just race past everybody, he's going to be beat up and he can't take that with his size. He's a slot utility guy who will play in the backfield like a Darren Sproles type at times, and provide great value to the right team. But he has to go to the right coaches/quarterback for it to happen, he's not a #1 guy.

lol don't make assumptions bruh. I said he has so much more value to a team than a slot guy, meaning KR/PR and RB. Obviously Tavon won't play outside, point out to me where I said he would please. Idk if DeSean Jackson plays the slot (don't think he does), but he's small as hell. What about Steve Smith?

and lol at your last 2 sentences. Tavon can play in any offensive system, you can pretty much put him all over the place.

I really don't think you've watched many WVU games.

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Apr 23 2013, 04:53 PM

I guess we'll agree to disagree then haha.

Anyways, really hoping Geno goes to the Eagles. Perfect situation for him imo. Can't get much better coming in to the league with DeSean, Maclin, McCoy, Brown and an improving oline at your disposal.

I don't agree with this. Kelly has his guy from Oregon, Folk, and Vick. Two of these guys can run his offense, and Geno will be stuck with nothing to do.

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Apr 23 2013, 07:59 PM

lol don't make assumptions bruh. I said he has so much more value to a team than a slot guy, meaning KR/PR and RB. Obviously Tavon won't play outside, point out to me where I said he would please. Idk if DeSean Jackson plays the slot (don't think he does), but he's small as hell. What about Steve Smith?

and lol at your last 2 sentences. Tavon can play in any offensive system, you can pretty much put him all over the place.

I really don't think you've watched many WVU games.
I've honestly attempted an answer to this that wouldn't in any way attack your beliefs, and I can't do it. I'm sorry, but I've spent most of my life watching sports, working with coaches, reading all about these sports simply to understand how they work. I have dedicated my life to understanding these things and yet you come in here and like someone so we're supposed to just believe you're right? Too freaking bad. It's my job to know what I'm talking about, and I know what I'm talking about. I'm out of this thread for good, because I can't handle someone being so ignorant to facts.

Goodbye, and good luck.

if al davis were still alive, tavon austin would go 3rd.

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Apr 23 2013, 08:11 PM

I've honestly attempted an answer to this that wouldn't in any way attack your beliefs, and I can't do it. I'm sorry, but I've spent most of my life watching sports, working with coaches, reading all about these sports simply to understand how they work. I have dedicated my life to understanding these things and yet you come in here and like someone so we're supposed to just believe you're right? Too freaking bad. It's my job to know what I'm talking about, and I know what I'm talking about. I'm out of this thread for good, because I can't handle someone being so ignorant to facts.

Goodbye, and good luck.

lololol I don't care if you don't agree with me, but I've watched every single game of Tavon Austin's career (and WVU football as well for as long as I can remember), so I think I know what I'm saying. You can disagree with me and maybe Tavon doesn't pan out, but I'm giving you my opinion. Not my fault you don't agree and got so offended by it lol.