Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Anybody here watch battles?? (URL / KOTD / UW / ect.)

If so, what battles/battlers are your favourite? I'm a big fan of Rex tbh. Grown man bars >>>>>>>

Also, Head I.C.E. will always be a fav. of mine.

I like him, but why did Meek Mill release a book?

anyone heard chance the rapper?

pretty good but his voice is butt

Quote:Originally posted by Lazgreg@May 11 2013, 06:10 PM
anyone heard chance the rapper?

pretty good but his voice is butt

Ya, Acid Rap wasn't that good, honestly. I gave it something like a 3.42/5 or something close to that. Not impressed at all and not sure what people are seeing in him. Undecided

http://breathecast.christianpost.com/artic...ease-date-7660/

So, Tyler and Kendrick are apparently going to tour with Eminem on the latter's tour for his album. Odds are, both will be on the album if I'm a good guesser. Add that into possible appearances from Dr. Dre, 50 Cent (both of them didn't pop up on Recovery, no way there's two straight Eminem albums without either), Slaughterhouse, and Yelawolf, as well as probably some random pop features, and there's going to be a lot of features on this album.

http://hiphopwired.com/2013/05/12/french-m...nippets-listen/

Oh and snippets for French Montana's album were just released. Shit's gonna be a different kind of wack. Just looking forward to that The Weeknd feature.

Quote:Originally posted by El Rusty Mexicano@May 12 2013, 05:47 PM
http://breathecast.christianpost.com/artic...ease-date-7660/

So, Tyler and Kendrick are apparently going to tour with Eminem on the latter's tour for his album. Odds are, both will be on the album if I'm a good guesser. Add that into possible appearances from Dr. Dre, 50 Cent (both of them didn't pop up on Recovery, no way there's two straight Eminem albums without either), Slaughterhouse, and Yelawolf, as well as probably some random pop features, and there's going to be a lot of features on this album.
Wish I could say I'm excited

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 12 2013, 06:52 PM

Wish I could say I'm excited

Despite hating all of his recent features, I'm still excited. As an Eminem stan, I can say I've liked all of his albums (yes, I do enjoy Encore and I have no idea why).

June 18th gonna be a big day. First, Kanye (maybe), now J. Cole moved up his album's release date to June 18th. Add that to Fabolous (I'll call his release major since he's on a major label) and then Wack Miller and it'll be a big day for music.

Quote:Originally posted by El Rusty Mexicano@May 13 2013, 12:49 PM
June 18th gonna be a big day. First, Kanye (maybe), now J. Cole moved up his album's release date to June 18th. Add that to Fabolous (I'll call his release major since he's on a major label) and then Wack Miller and it'll be a big day for music.

June 18th is when Kim has her kid. I guarantee it.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@May 13 2013, 04:05 PM

June 18th is when  Kim has her kid. I guarantee it.

I was just reading Rolling Stone and June 18th is around a month before Kim's due date.

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3iqlEsZqcMI"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3iqlEsZqcMI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Oh my God, I'm so excited to hear this. I don't care about French Montana and how bad he'll be on this song, there's just no way he can ruin this.

French Montana - Excuse My French

Once in a While (ft. Max B): 3.5/5
-Honestly not horrible. Is it good? Naw, but for French, this is pretty good. The Kanye sample piqued my interest here.

Trap House (ft. Birdman & Rick Ross): 1/5
-Holy fuck does Rick Ross suck. Birdman and French are expected to suck, but Rozay sucked major D. Oh and if you're reading this Dylan, the beat was done by Jahlil Beats.

Ain’t Worried About Nothin: 2/5
-What's with shitty rappers making songs about how they have no worries lately? First Wayne, now Montana. I don't get the appeal. Beat is what you would expect for this type of song.

Paranoid (ft. C.A.S.H.): 1.5/5
-Am I the only who shudders when I hear "Young Chop on the beat". Fucking Chief Keef. I do enjoy the beat and the hook, however, when French Montana starts sing rapping with the help of autotune, my ears bled. If I wasn't listening to just a stream, I would skip this. Fucking streeeeeammmm.

When I Want: .5/5
-Thank God there's two songs coming up that I know I enjoy. Oh boy, this is gonna be a long one. Big debate right now as to whether I'd rather die or continue listening.

Fuck What Happens Tonight (ft. DJ Khaled, Mavado, Ace Hood, Snoop Dogg & Scarface): 4/5
-I hope you guys can forgive for actually liking this song. Mavado is good on the hook and then the verses are pretty good. Gets a 4 solely because it's not as shitty as the rest of the album and French deserves praise for this.

Gifted (ft. The Weeknd): 4.75/5
-This isn't even French Montana adjusted. This song is fucking legit as hell. The Weeknd is the GOAT R&B singer out there and his drug-induced anthems are all amazing and this is no different. Oh and French Montana isn't on his usual 1/5 rapper skill, here he's closer to a 2.5/5. I admit I chuckled at "That's like pissin in the freezer trying to make canaries" and "Now I'm French kissing your bitch in Paris". After two songs I enjoyed, I am scared about what the rest of this album holds.

Ballin’ Out (ft. Jeremih & Diddy): 2/5
-Jeremih rescues this and he's not even that good here.

I Told Em: 1.25/5
-The opening line immediately made me think, "Oh God, here we go."

Pop That (ft. Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne): .75/5
-I've heard this enough times now that I'm numb to how horrible it truly is. Fuck Lil Wayne for being so wack, by the way. His verse is one of the worst I've literally ever heard. Oh Lord.

Freaks (ft. Nicki Minaj): 1/5
-Stooopppppppp.

We Go Where Ever We Want (ft. Ne-Yo & Raekwon): 3.5/5
-This was the next song I was looking forward to. Ne-Yo is usually decent and Raekwon is a legend. On this song, French doesn't blow too bad, Ne-Yo is good on the hook, and Raekwon is pretty good. Missing something though.

Bust It Open: 1.5/5
Drink Freely (ft. Rico Love): 2.5/5
Throw It in the Bag (ft. Chinx Drugz): 2.25/5
Marble Floors (ft. Rick Ross, Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz): 1.75/5
-I think I'll take death.

Ocho Cinco (ft. Diddy, MGK, Los & Red Café): 2/5
-More wack shit. Diddy catches the biggest L of them all though.

35.75/85 -> 2.1/5

One of the few redeeming qualities of this album is the cover, which is admittedly dope as fuck, so respect to French for bringing that into my life, as well as the new The Weeknd verse/hook, which was as good as one would hope. However, the rest of this album (aside from the two other songs I don't mind) is horrible and needs to be burned. Please, do not listen. I know that I subject myself to listening to albums by Lil Wayne, Tyga, and French Montana, but I do so to protect you guys from listening to it. Yes, this was as wack as you thought it'd be and no, other than "Gifted", it is not worth a listen. Please do not try this at home.

Surprised you listened to a whole French Montana album tbh.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 16 2013, 02:57 PM

Trap House (ft. Birdman & Rick Ross): 1/5
-Holy fuck does Rick Ross suck. Birdman and French are expected to suck, but Rozay sucked major D. Oh and if you're reading this Dylan, the beat was done by Jahlil Beats.

Normally, I might be interested, but I hate all three people in the song lol.