Create Account

Letang to Toronto?

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jun 27 2013, 11:32 PM
Why dont Pens just give Letang his money and flip Orpik here to Toronto? Much smarter move IMO and Orpik fits our needs.
Because that's not what they want and they're not in the business of helping Toronto? Lol. They have two other 8million dollar players why would they want a 3rd?

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 08:39 PM

Well if Reilly's is going  to be one of the top 5 DMen in the league (Like Letang who is a top 5DMan in the league) I'm curious what 2 defensemen taken before him would be is what I was asking.
Murray will be the best, and Reinhart will be 3rd, and it will be known as the best defenseive draft ever!

Reinhart, Murray and Trouba are 3 defenders I would take over Reilly today, not saying he isn't going to be a very very solid top-4/1st pairing defender.

I don't know what they find appealing in dealing with Vancouver. I mean we have an abbundance of really good goalie prospects we could include in a deal if they are willing to talk (Lack, Ericsson, and Cannata)

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 11:42 PM

Because that's not what they want and they're not in the business of helping Toronto? Lol. They have two other 8million dollar players why would they want a 3rd?
because losing Letang is a huge loss for the team.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:41 PM

Reilly's potential > but I'm not up for another 10+ pages of you disagreeing.
Rolleyes Yeah the other teams just suck at scouting I guess.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:43 PM

because losing Letang is a huge loss for the team.
Yes but losing other players due to having about 25m wrapped up in 3 players is a bigger loss. They won't have the cap room to address needs at that point with freedom

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 11:43 PM

Rolleyes Yeah the other teams just suck at scouting I guess.
Biggest risk Wink

Just like Drouin in this draft.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 11:45 PM

Yes but losing other players due to having about 25m wrapped up in 3 players is a bigger loss. They won't have the cap room to address needs at that point with freedom
They will if they are smart with paying the rest of the players. Giving a guy like Kunitz 3.5-4M or whatever the deal was is not a good start. Great player but we all know he is only doing good because he is playing with Crosby.

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Jun 27 2013, 11:43 PM

Murray will be the best, and Reinhart will be 3rd, and it will be known as the best defenseive draft ever!

Reinhart, Murray and Trouba are 3 defenders I would take over Reilly today, not saying he isn't going to be a very very solid top-4/1st pairing defender.

I don't know what they find appealing in dealing with Vancouver. I mean we have an abbundance of really good goalie prospects we could include in a deal if they are willing to talk (Lack, Ericsson, and Cannata)

Yeah I don't understand Toronto's huge hard on for Reilly. He's a good prospect and has the potential to be great but they're hyping up to a point where there's no possibility he's going to live up to it. Shame for Reilly to be quite honest.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:41 PM

Reilly's potential > but I'm not up for another 10+ pages of you disagreeing.

Thats all it is atm, potential. Letang has proven he can back one of the best PPs in the league, hes only 26, hes proven to be a top 10 if not top 5 dman in the league. Rielly has the potential to do that but he hasnt proven fuck all yet, hes done everything in juniors, how many players have done AMAZING in juniors but failed in the NHL, MANY have. Giving up a guy like Rielly may hurt longterm if he pans out, but its not like Letang isnt a top dman. Raycroft had one good year while Letang has had many and he has a cup ring.

IMO he only wants a lot of money cause Malkin got payed alot and I bet he feels he does as much for the team as Malkin. I would pay him about 6M. Also he has done good in playoffs through out his career.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:46 PM

They will if they are smart with paying the rest of the players. Giving a guy like Kunitz 3.5-4M or whatever the deal was is not a good start. Great player but we all know he is only doing good because he is playing with Crosby.
Except he was a first line winger on the Ducks when they won the cup too? He's well worth the money he got lol.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 11:49 PM

Yeah I don't understand Toronto's huge hard on for Reilly. He's a good prospect and has the potential to be great but they're hyping up to a point where there's no possibility he's going to live up to it. Shame for Reilly to be quite honest.
Oh Maxy. We don't have a hard on for him. He is a young prospect who we have high hopes for. Just like any other team has for their prospects. Stop being a drama queen and making it seem like we are over hyping him by talking about him.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:45 PM

Biggest risk  Wink

Just like Drouin in this draft.
Right. He's hit or miss, so he's anything but a lock. He's proved he can succeed in the juniors which is great, but it really means nothing in actuality. I really hope he succeeds but honestly I don't think he's going to live up to the hype he's getting

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 27 2013, 11:49 PM

Thats all it is atm, potential. Letang has proven he can back one of the best PPs in the league, hes only 26, hes proven to be a top 10 if not top 5 dman in the league. Rielly has the potential to do that but he hasnt proven fuck all yet, hes done everything in juniors, how many players have done AMAZING in juniors but failed in the NHL, MANY have. Giving up a guy like Rielly may hurt longterm if he pans out, but its not like Letang isnt a top dman. Raycroft had one good year while Letang has had many and he has a cup ring.

IMO he only wants a lot of money cause Malkin got payed alot and I bet he feels he does as much for the team as Malkin. I would pay him about 6M. Also he has done good in playoffs through out his career.
You don't read do you? We have said this a million times. We want to let our young guys progress. Read that again so you get it in your head.

We dont want letang and arent willing to pay the price or give him the money he wants.... can we end this now???

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:50 PM

Oh Maxy. We don't have a hard on for him. He is a young prospect who we have high hopes for. Just like any other team has for their prospects. Stop being a drama queen and making it seem like we are over hyping him by talking about him.
Not 3 pages ago Dion said in a few years he'll be competing with Letang, Karlsson, Subban for Norris but that's not overhyping him?

The Ducks just drafted Lindholm THE VERY NEXT PICK and I love Lindholm, have very high hopes for him but he's nothing more than a prospect with lots of potential. Saying anyone who hasn't played a minute in the NHL will be competing for a Norris in a few seasons is absolutely moronic