Create Account

Letang to Toronto?

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 11:51 PM

Right. He's hit or miss, so he's anything but a lock. He's proved he can succeed in the juniors which is great, but it really means nothing in actuality. I really hope he succeeds but honestly I don't think he's going to live up to the hype he's getting
Of course you don't. You also propably thing Biggs is going to bust. Well we are at it let's just say the whole Leafs prospect pool. Oh and Kessel is going to randomly lose all his talent and start to suck. Lupul will get injuried every season, JVR will want out of Toronto, Gardiner will also bust. Oh and Reimer will suck the rest of his career but Bernier will become the next great thing Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 11:53 PM

Not 3 pages ago Dion said in a few years he'll be competing with Letang, Karlsson, Subban for Norris but that's not overhyping him?

The Ducks just drafted Lindholm THE VERY NEXT PICK and I love Lindholm, have very high hopes for him but he's nothing more than a prospect with lots of potential. Saying anyone who hasn't played a minute in the NHL will be competing for a Norris in a few seasons is absolutely moronic
He said he has the potential to compete with the Norris in his career. I'm done on this topic though.

I love Gardiner and hope he pans out but I am 100% rooting against Reilly. I hope he busts SOOOO badly. Leafs fans talk him up like the second coming. And yes Taylor, its more than any other fanbase talks up one of their prospects. It really is.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:52 PM

You don't read do you? We have said this a million times. We want to let our young guys progress. Read that again so you get it in your head.

I do read, and quite well actually. Many young teams have that problem, teams like Edmonton, Ottawa, Islanders, Philly etc. You can decide to pick up an impact player now and in the future for sure, or develop a young guy who COULD be an impact player and COULD be better then the guy you're getting but getting Letang is the safer bet imo. I do get what you're saying though.. But you have to keep your mind open for different suggestions.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:55 PM

Of course you don't. You also propably thing Biggs is going to bust. Well we are at it let's just say the whole Leafs prospect pool. Oh and Kessel is going to randomly lose all his talent and start to suck. Lupul will get injuried every season, JVR will want out of Toronto, Gardiner will also bust. Oh and Reimer will suck the rest of his career but Bernier will become the next great thing  Wink
No... I don't think Reilly is going to be a "Generation player" like some of the Leafs fans think. Sorry for thinking that a player who hasn't played a minute at any level higher than the Juniors has to prove something. Whatever was I thinking. Shit, why even play lets just give Yakupov the Hart and Richard and Ross I mean he's got amazing potential

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 10:55 PM

Of course you don't. You also propably thing Biggs is going to bust. Well we are at it let's just say the whole Leafs prospect pool. Oh and Kessel is going to randomly lose all his talent and start to suck. Lupul will get injuried every season, JVR will want out of Toronto, Gardiner will also bust. Oh and Reimer will suck the rest of his career but Bernier will become the next great thing  Wink
if you go to the Bernier to Toronto thread. I did do 10 Reasons why Reimer Rules Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Jun 27 2013, 11:56 PM

He said he has the potential to compete with the Norris in his career. I'm done on this topic though.
Code:
I have seen Rielly many times and its just absolute domination. The way he uses his IQ to jump into the play really gives Moose Jaw a chance to score everytime. The way he controls the play and uses his pass and shot to his advantage. Call me crazy but even if it was Rielly for Letang 1 for 1 I would not do it. Its just too much of a risk and it would be the Rask trade all over again. Rielly is gonna put big points up in the NHL. He was voted the best prospect WORLDWIDE that isnt in the NHL yet. Was WHL Defenseman of the year. There is too much to lose. Generational Talent maybe? In a few years he will be in the talks with Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Suter etc for the Norris.

I'm sorry Taylor you were saying? Can you please point to me where he said the word potential in here even once? I can't find it and I even CTRL+F'd it

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jun 27 2013, 11:53 PM
We dont want letang and arent willing to pay the price or give him the money he wants.... can we end this now???

Who is we though? You may not wanna pay the price but you arent the GM, I think Letang would be good in Toronto, I hate Toronto but hes what you guys need IMO. Maybe Nonis shares your train of thought or maybe he shares mine, Toronto probably has contacted Pittburgh about Letang though.

Maxy has some very strange and scary obsession with I hyping Morgan Rielly up.

Who the fuck cares, ill hype a prospect if I want to just like you have the right too.

Trouba is gonna be the best D in his draft

I don't know if it was mentioned, but the rumour isn't true. It was written by someone in an attempt to lower Letang's value so if Toronto pursued him, he'd be at a cheaper price. The writer is apparently getting a lot of shit for the article.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jun 27 2013, 11:57 PM

if you go to the Bernier to Toronto thread. I did do 10 Reasons why Reimer Rules Smile
I know, I was just teasing Maxy because he thinks the opposite of everything I saw. I could say Crosby is the best and he would find away to say no he is the worst.

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jun 28 2013, 12:00 AM
Maxy has some very strange and scary obsession with I hyping Morgan Rielly up.

Who the fuck cares, ill hype a prospect if I want to just like you have the right too.
No not a scary obsession I just feel really sorry for you because he's not gonna live up to it and you'll act the same way you do every time someone makes a mistake on the Leafs and throw you're little crybaby bitch fit and threaten to burn your stuff and shit.

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 27 2013, 10:59 PM

Who is we though? You may not wanna pay the price but you arent the GM, I think Letang would be good in Toronto, I hate Toronto but hes what you guys need IMO. Maybe Nonis shares your train of thought or maybe he shares mine, Toronto probably has contacted Pittburgh about Letang though.
He doesnt fill any needs that the team needs though. Its a TERRIBLE business move to be trading Rielly +1st + roster player for someone that isnt gonna fix the "defense" on the blueline of shutting down teams or the top line C we have been lookign for since Sundin left. Wasting valuable pieces for another PMD is a stupid business move and I dont agree with it at all. Dont forget about the massive contract he wants. First thing is locking up Phil Kessel and giving him a massive contract.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 27 2013, 11:57 PM

No... I don't think Reilly is going to be a "Generation player" like some of the Leafs fans think. Sorry for thinking that a player who hasn't played a minute at any level higher than the Juniors has to prove something. Whatever was I thinking. Shit, why even play lets just give Yakupov the Hart and Richard and Ross I mean he's got amazing potential
Or instead of becoming a moron you can think a little. Like I have said, we want to hold on to our young guys to let them progress. I don't see the problem in this. You disagree we get it, we have heard it over and over and over again. You aren't changing our minds.

Also you see the hype because it's all you see on here. No one ever talks in other team threads, it's always in here.