Create Account

Leafs 2013-14 Discussion

Nonis please make a trade. The defensive coverage is worst then OTP NHL 14 game. Everyone is avail except JVR and Kessel.

Worst defense in the league AINEC.

20-0 in shots for 3rd and OT combined for PIT

I'm praying they lose every game now so a trade can happen or Carlyle gets fired.

Lmao, u guys are 5 games over 500 and you want a trade and say your team has the worst defence in the league loool........

Who puts Bozak and Clarkson in the SO over Kadri, JVR, Kessel, Raymond, Holland and even Rielly

Disgusting.

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Nov 27 2013, 11:37 PM
Lmao, u guys are 5 games over 500 and you want a trade and say your team has the worst defence in the league loool........
Eh we watch the team every game man. Worst defense in the league is probably an exageration but this team is not even close to as good as our record shows.....and it is going to get a lot worse with the first 2 weeks of December being the toughest part of our season most likely.

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Nov 27 2013, 09:38 PM

Eh we watch the team every game man. Worst defense in the league is probably an exageration but this team is not even close to as good as our record shows.....and it is going to get a lot worse with the first 2 weeks of December being the toughest part of our season most likely.
Yeahthat

The record is a lie. Bernier and Reimer is the reason why we have a decent record.

Fuck Carlyle. I'm getting fed up with his stuborness and terrible Lead blowing system,

To Toronto
Dan Girardi /w Extension

To New York
Cody Franson or Jake Gardiner
Nik Kulemin

I'm absolutely, disgusted, disgruntled and shocked how this Leaf team is playing. How do you get outshot every game and have terrible defense coverage in Randy Carlyle's precious "system" well this team needs a huge blow up and the Leafs could start with this. We get a Ontario boy in Giardi who is Right handed and plays the "Carlyle" way. He could solify the back end especially playing with someone like Phaneuf or Rielly. Rangers could choose between Gardiner or Franson either one I'm fine with leaving. Kulemin is a add in, since we have so much depth in this organization it won't hurt letting him go especially since he is a UFA at the end of the year.

van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Raymond - Bolland - Holland
Smithson - McClement - Ashton
Orr/McLaren

Phanuef - Girardi
Gunnarsson - Franson/Gardiner
Ranger - Rielly
Fraser

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Nov 28 2013, 09:01 AM
To Toronto
Dan Girardi /w Extension

To New York
Cody Franson or Jake Gardiner
Nik Kulemin

I'm absolutely, disgusted, disgruntled and shocked how this Leaf team is playing. How do you get outshot every game and have terrible defense coverage in Randy Carlyle's precious "system" well this team needs a huge blow up and the Leafs could start with this. We get a Ontario boy in Giardi who is Right handed and plays the "Carlyle" way. He could solify the back end especially playing with someone like Phaneuf or Rielly. Rangers could choose between Gardiner or Franson either one I'm fine with leaving. Kulemin is a add in, since we have so much depth in this organization it won't hurt letting him go especially since he is a UFA at the end of the year.

van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Raymond - Bolland - Holland
Smithson - McClement - Ashton
Orr/McLaren

Phanuef - Girardi
Gunnarsson - Franson/Gardiner
Ranger - Rielly
Fraser
Moving Franson would be the biggest mistake.
Why give up on Gardiner? We are still a young team.
Kulemin is moveable I guess.

It's one game. I'm obviously pissed about it but the Leafs are a young team and they are going to make mistakes. At least we grabbed a point out of it.

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Nov 28 2013, 12:04 PM

It's one game. I'm obviously pissed about it but the Leafs are a young team and they are going to make mistakes. At least we grabbed a point out of it.
It's not one game it's the whole season you guys have played like shit Tongue without the goalies bailing you out you would be bottom the standings

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Also with MDZ expiring it makes literally no sense for NYR to move Girardi

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Nov 28 2013, 11:04 AM

I get a panic attack everytime Franson has the puck in the defensive zone. The guy is terrible this year defensively, while leaching free points off the power play. Gardiner is confused and Carlyle fucked him up, he doesnt know what to do with the puck anymore, I think its time to just part ways with him. Girardi is superior to both these players and would improve the back end.

We need a shake up either way, how do you get outshot every game??!? its not acceptable. This team has lost its identity. What happen to the old Leafs of last season. Where we would see 2 fights a game. The players would hit everything in sight, attempt to block every shot. The best penalty kill in the NHL, the most hits in the NHL, the most blocked shots in the NHL.... This team has no identity once again, its lost. IDK what happen. No heart and no passion. No one cares and no one wants to fix it.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 28 2013, 01:20 PM
Also with MDZ expiring it makes literally no sense for NYR to move Girardi
Isn't Girardi expiring as well?

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 28 2013, 12:19 PM

It's not one game it's the whole season you guys have played like shit Tongue without the goalies bailing you out you would be bottom the standings
False. Our specailty teams have been top of the league (Excluding PK lately), and we are one of the most potent offensive teams in the league. It's not JUST goaltending.

Say what you want, that's a horrible move. Franson has not had the best year defensively, no arguing that but you are exaggerating it. He definetly is not "leeching points off the PP". He has been a beast on that PP and is one of the big reasons why our PP is so good. Gardiner has struggled as well but to give up on him would be horrible. He is still young, 23 years old. We know what he can do and we need to sit on it and let him play.

Quote:Originally posted by Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer@Nov 28 2013, 12:40 PM

Isn't Girardi expiring as well?
Yes indeed

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Taylor@Nov 28 2013, 12:43 PM

False. Our specailty teams have been top of the league (Excluding PK lately), and we are one of the most potent offensive teams in the league. It's not JUST goaltending.

Say what you want, that's a horrible move. Franson has not had the best year defensively, no arguing that but you are exaggerating it. He definetly is not "leeching points off the PP". He has been a beast on that PP and is one of the big reasons why our PP is so good. Gardiner has struggled as well but to give up on him would be horrible. He is still young, 23 years old. We know what he can do and we need to sit on it and let him play.
If you look at the stat sheet sure. Watching the games has been a different story, there has been very few games where the Leafs have outplayed the other team. Goaltending has been your only consistent strength...