Create Account

Leafs 2013-14 Discussion

Quote:Originally posted by Urijah Winnfield is Trash@Dec 1 2013, 07:05 PM

so you watched a ton of Gaudreau before the WJC?

I wish I had but I don't get USA college hockey here so I'm pumped when he makes tbe jump to pro see him more

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by Urijah Winnfield is Trash@Dec 1 2013, 07:05 PM

so you watched a ton of Gaudreau before the WJC?
No not a ton but I watched a bit of him. I don't have the ability to watch much BC hockey anymore but I have friends who keep me updated and when one of them told me he was similar to Gerbe I watched him play a few times and loved watching him and have been a fan since. I haven't followed him like I have Gerbe or even close to that. But I watched him a few times prior to the World Juniors

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Dec 1 2013, 07:11 PM

No not a ton but I watched a bit of him. I don't have the ability to watch much BC hockey anymore but I have friends who keep me updated and when one of them told me he was similar to Gerbe I watched him play a few times and loved watching him and have been a fan since. I haven't followed him like I have Gerbe or even close to that. But I watched him a few times prior to the World Juniors
whoever told you he is similar to Gerbe lied lol
the only similarity is size...they play very different styles.
Gerbe was small, but tenacious.
Gaudreau relies solely on offensive talent.
he NEVER goes in corners and very rarely wins puck battles.
Gerbe has/had offensive skill, but nowhere near the talent that Gaudreau has.

i dont think i ever seen you mention his name before you saw him in the WJC.
just saying

Quote:Originally posted by Urijah Winnfield is Trash@Dec 1 2013, 07:14 PM

whoever told you he is similar to Gerbe lied lol
the only similarity is size...they play very different styles.
Gerbe was small, but tenacious.
Gaudreau relies solely on offensive talent.
he NEVER goes in corners and very rarely wins puck battles.
Gerbe has/had offensive skill, but nowhere near the talent that Gaudreau has.

i dont think i ever seen you mention his name before you saw him in the WJC.
just saying
He meant in size :lol:

And I didn't really mention him because I didn't watch him play extensively so no reason to mention him. As far as I know you're the only other person on this site who is a BC Eagles fan/follower and I don't talk to you very much.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Dec 1 2013, 07:17 PM

He meant in size :lol:

And I didn't really mention him because I didn't watch him play extensively so no reason to mention him. As far as I know you're the only other person on this site who is a BC Eagles fan/follower and I don't talk to you very much.
i barely watch any CHL...pretty much Mem Cup and thats it.
getting to see young potential stars that you dont get to see much is one of the reasons why the WJC is great.
plus the fact that its nation vs nation (which i personally love)
regardless if you care about that, its still nice to see players like Gaudreau, Gibson, etc play when your ability to watch them is limited

Quote:Originally posted by Urijah Winnfield is Trash@Dec 1 2013, 07:20 PM

getting to see young potential stars that you dont get to see much is one of the reasons why the WJC is great.
regardless if you care about that, its still nice to see players like Gaudreau, Gibson, etc play when your ability to watch them is limited
Definitely. I just don't get excited over it aside from a few select players.

Quote:Originally posted by Urijah Winnfield is Trash@Dec 1 2013, 07:20 PM

He plays for Boston College he's not a CHL player lol Tongue

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by PlayoffAnimal@Dec 1 2013, 07:23 PM

He plays for Boston College he's not a CHL player lol Tongue
i know...im saying i dont get to see CHL players...
which is one of the reasons why i love the WJC

Quote:Originally posted by Urijah Winnfield is Trash@Dec 1 2013, 08:29 PM

i know...im saying i dont get to see CHL players...
which is one of the reasons why i love the WJC
Yeahthat i don't get to see much of the OHL or dub aside from the odd friday game on sportsnet and the mem cup. and the rare ncaa game that ends up on the score

Quote:Originally posted by WHEELsavePARTY@Dec 1 2013, 07:52 PM

over who? :lol:

Morin?Ekblad?Nurse?Dumba(minny said he's going unless they get tons of injuries on D)Reinhart? Pouliot?..that't the top 6 right there..he might be a 7th D lol
Reinhart and Dumba are the only locks, Nurse makes a strong case too.
After that, anyone invited will have a shot to impress.
Atleast imo Wink

WJC is hands down my favourite tournament to watch. The excitement it brings is great and the elation in the players every time they score is fantastic. This tournament has brought some of my favourite hockey memories such as:

- Mrazek and his fantastic cellies
- Brayden Schenn's ridiculous tourney
- Toews being a shootout god
- The Eberle comeback and the "Can you believe it" call
- Pierre's orgasm on Tokarskis save

It means a ton to the kids who play in it and especially when it's in Canada, the whole country is tuned in. Canada hasn't done too well lately :(. I won the priority draw for the opportunity to buy tickets for the WJC in both Montreal and Toronto, but I didn't have the cash to shell out. I know some people who did, it's guaranteed 4 Canada Round Robin games so you're seeing around 2 marquee matchups aka Russia/USA/Sweden/Finland.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by JNH@Dec 2 2013, 02:27 AM
WJC is hands down my favourite tournament to watch.  The excitement it brings is great and the elation in the players every time they score is fantastic.  This tournament has brought some of my favourite hockey memories such as:

- Mrazek and his fantastic cellies
- Brayden Schenn's ridiculous tourney
- Toews being a shootout god
- The Eberle comeback and the "Can you believe it" call
- Pierre's orgasm on Tokarskis save

It means a ton to the kids who play in it and especially when it's in Canada, the whole country is tuned in.  Canada hasn't done too well lately :(. I won the priority draw for the opportunity to buy tickets for the WJC in both Montreal and Toronto, but I didn't have the cash to shell out.  I know some people who did, it's guaranteed 4 Canada Round Robin games so you're seeing around 2 marquee matchups aka Russia/USA/Sweden/Finland.
"CAN YOUUU BELIEVE I-" "I CAN!..." :lol: shutup pierre and wait 5 seconds
Pierre orgasms over every WHL kid born and raised on a farm with a pond in Saskatchewan :lol:

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6U--WIqx4ps"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6U--WIqx4ps" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

So yea. this is a circus... dont care anymore. Carlyle's system is a utter piece of shit. And the players dont care, when San Jose was attacking I seen the forwards just stand there and do nothing at all numerous times. So you can see that the players dont wanna play for this fat fuck anymore. Fire him and save the season.

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Dec 3 2013, 07:53 PM
So yea. this is a circus... dont care anymore. Carlyle's system is a utter piece of shit. And the players dont care, when San Jose was attacking I seen the forwards just stand there and do nothing at all numerous times. So you can see that the players dont wanna play for this fat fuck anymore. Fire him and save the season.
Lol not gonna save the season. Carlyle's the least of your problems.