Create Account

Trade Deadline 2014

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 04:11 PM
Like I said, I'll be selling my Marty jersey if this goes through. Never thought I'd have any reason to do that but I'm not wearing that jersey to games if he's going to do that to the franchise that made him relevant. Sorry but I can't get behind him at all on this
Woah woah woah...back it up right there. A franchise who made him relevant?
Marty has worked his ass off to make himself relevant. Tampa gave him a shot, Marty took it and ran. Marty earned every inch of his career success and he owes Tampa nothing. Especially Yzerman who's been his GM for like 3 years? He's a huge reason why Tampa is relevant actually. You know what other reasons for them being relevant are? Lecavalier, Richards, Boyle, Kubina, Khabibulin, Andreychuk, Taylor, Modin, Fedotenko, Stillman, Sydor, and of course Marty. Is a single one of them still there? No. If Marty wants to move on from a team that is not at all the same team he helped build up, power to him.

I love Marty as well, but he's always kinda come off a bit emotional and maybe a fit a french stereotype. Atleast in my eyes. This honestly doesn't surprise me at all.

Oh and Nonis did come out yesterday and said that Reimer won't be traded.

Quote:Originally posted by Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer@Feb 27 2014, 04:07 AM

Woah woah woah...back it up right there. A franchise who made him relevant?
Marty has worked his ass off to make himself relevant. Tampa gave him a shot, Marty took it and ran. Marty earned every inch of his career success and he owes Tampa nothing. Especially Yzerman who's been his GM for like 3 years? He's a huge reason why Tampa is relevant actually. You know what other reasons for them being relevant are? Lecavalier, Richards, Boyle, Kubina, Khabibulin, Andreychuk, Taylor, Modin, Fedotenko, Stillman, Sydor, and of course Marty. Is a single one of them still there? No. If Marty wants to move on from a team that is not at all the same team he helped build up, power to him.

I love Marty as well, but he's always kinda come off a bit emotional and maybe a fit a french stereotype. Atleast in my eyes. This honestly doesn't surprise me at all.
I'm not taking anything away from Marty and his accomplishments as he earned those. I was talking about the fact Tampa gave him a chance no other team was willing to do and has treated him with the utmost respect since he was brought to Tampa, and the fact he's pretty much screwing his teammates over a personal squabble with the gm who wanted him on the team but Babcock didn't is ridiculous to me, he's 38 with two years on his contract Tampa has a better shot at a cup than the Rangers and he's the captain. I literally see no reason other than selfishness to leave the lightning

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 27 2014, 01:00 PM

I'm not taking anything away from Marty and his accomplishments as he earned those.  I was talking about the  fact Tampa gave him a chance no other team was willing to do and has treated him with the utmost respect since he was brought to Tampa, and the fact he's pretty much screwing his teammates over a personal squabble with the gm who wanted him on the team but Babcock didn't is ridiculous to me,  he's 38 with two years on  his contract Tampa has a better shot at a cup than the Rangers and he's the captain.  I literally see no reason other than selfishness to leave the lightning

You are still talking about this? Man.. your heart will crush when they'll announce the trade. If you really think the snubbing part (twice in fact since he wasn't part of '10 either) is the ONLY reason, then you are the bigger fool.

It's clear too me that Yzerman and St-Louis doesn't get along very well and it goes a long way. The two-time snubbing part is most probably what tipped the jar off. Every single player that had management issue were dealt with either by trade or bought out.
Whether you admit it or not, he earned his spot on the team by his actions alone. Saying otherwise is pure bullshit. But no, he's not even good enough to be a reserved (before the medias chastised Yzerman and he/they changed their mind). He even told Yzerman to give him the night to consider it when they announced him as a replacement for Stamkos... that says a lot.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 27 2014, 02:00 PM

I'm not taking anything away from Marty and his accomplishments as he earned those.  I was talking about the  fact Tampa gave him a chance no other team was willing to do and has treated him with the utmost respect since he was brought to Tampa, and the fact he's pretty much screwing his teammates over a personal squabble with the gm who wanted him on the team but Babcock didn't is ridiculous to me,  he's 38 with two years on  his contract Tampa has a better shot at a cup than the Rangers and he's the captain.  I literally see no reason other than selfishness to leave the lightning
Wow I had no idea Tampa was a charitable organization, just handig out tryouts to anyone. You understand that St.Louis earned his accomplishments but I'm not sure you're grasping the fact that you have to earn every chance you get as well. If you're not good enough you're out the door, period, this is a business. Look how he did in Calgary.

This team, outside of the name and the fans, is completely different. Are the owners even the same? Who on Tampa gave him a chance? He has a different letter on his jersey so that's supposed make everything just grand?

Quote:Originally posted by #NOUSSOMMESLHIVER@Feb 27 2014, 01:12 PM

You are still talking about this? Man.. your heart will crush when they'll announce the trade. If you really think the snubbing part (twice in fact since he wasn't part of '10 either) is the ONLY reason, then you are the bigger fool.

It's clear too me that Yzerman and St-Louis doesn't get along very well and it goes a long way. The two-time snubbing part is most probably what tipped the jar off. [b]Every single player
that had management issue were dealt with either by trade or bought out.
Whether you admit it or not, he earned his spot on the team by his actions alone. Saying otherwise is pure bullshit. But no, he's not even good enough to be a reserved (before the medias chastised Yzerman and he/they changed their mind). He even told Yzerman to give him the night to consider it when they announced him as a replacement for Stamkos... that says a lot.[/b]
My hearts not going to break at all lmao. I'll make quite a bit of money actually. I've probably got $600-700 worth of hockey cards and memorabilia of his. Lol I'll just buy myself a Stammer Jersey after selling all of Marty Shit and be fine lol.

And yes he deserved a reserve spot at least but honestly on that team the only person he's absolutely 1000x better than is Kunitz, other than that there's not really anyone who I would say he was snubbed in favor of. I don't see Giroux, Staal, Staal, Neal, Thornton whining about not making the team.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 27 2014, 01:59 PM
And yes he deserved a reserve spot at least but honestly on that team the only person he's absolutely 1000x better than is Kunitz, other than that there's not really anyone who I would say he was snubbed in favor of. I don't see Giroux, Staal, Staal, Neal, Thornton whining about not making the team.

You didn't see Marty whining about it either.

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Feb 27 2014, 12:25 PM

You didn't see Marty whining about it either.

He asked for a trade afterwards. That is whining.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Feb 27 2014, 02:32 PM

He asked for a trade afterwards. That is whining.

It's only speculation that the Olympic snub was the reason.
It also doesn't mean he's whining publicly about it. I'm sure the other players Maxy mentioned whined about it privately just like MSL. None of us saw any of them whine about it.

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Feb 27 2014, 03:35 PM

It's only speculation that the Olympic snub was the reason.
It also doesn't mean he's whining publicly about it. I'm sure the other players Maxy mentioned whined about it privately just like MSL. None of us saw any of them whine about it.
Well it's obviously speculation, but I mean logically it's the only thing that makes any sense,
He's been on the roster for 12 years, Tampa is in 3rd place in the East, The team is on the upswing, and he has been named the captain. I just don't see any reason he would ask out otherwise. Especially given the time he reportedly asked out is like literally right after they announced the roster

I have an idea a excellent idea.

Nik Kulemin + for Chris Stewart

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Feb 27 2014, 05:27 PM
I have an idea a excellent idea.

Nik Kulemin +  for Chris Stewart

Unless you're adding a 1st there's no possible way St. Louis even considers that :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 27 2014, 06:30 PM

Unless you're adding a 1st there's no possible way St. Louis even  considers that :lol:
Adding a first on top of Kulimen..........for Chris Stewart? I could see us adding a 3rd.

Now why would the Blues downgrade

Discord are for plebs