Create Account

Walter White After Season Presser

After a season that saw the Minnesota Chiefs narrowly miss the last playoff spot in the east, Walter White is on a plane back home to New Mexico and is here online to answer your questions.

The Chiefs tied the West Kendall Platoon with 49 points, but it was West Kendall who owned the tie breaker. White finished the season with 5 goals and 15 assists on the season to go along with 62 penalty minutes, 141 hits, and 50 shot blocks.

What are your goals for the offseason?

Anything you would have liked to have done differently throughout the season?

And what could we expect from you next season?

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Interview Congrats man on a great 1st season - a shame it wasn't complete with a playoff appearance from White! Anyways - IF POSSIBLE - Would you explore the option of returning to the SMJHL for the remainder of the regular season to help push them to a championship?

Unsure if it's possible, but currently your player page is below the SMJHL cap of 350 and you aren't doing anything else Wink

Whalers

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Mar 30 2014, 09:31 PM
What are your goals for the offseason?

Anything you would have liked to have done differently throughout the season?

And what could we expect from you next season?

-I plan on building up my defensive game further. I felt that I could have done a much better job in our own zone this season, moving the puck out and picking off passes.

-I would have liked to lead these guys to the playoffs. So many individuals had great seasons, and I really wish I could have done a better job supporting the blue line of the Chiefs.

- You can expect me, and my teammates, to come back with a vengeance. We are all left with this bad taste in our mouths after this season, and we are going to work hard as ever to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Quote:Originally posted by BANACKOCK@Mar 30 2014, 09:34 PM
Interview Congrats man on a great 1st season - a shame it wasn't complete with a playoff appearance from White! Anyways - IF POSSIBLE - Would you explore the option of returning to the SMJHL for the remainder of the regular season to help push them to a championship?

Unsure if it's possible, but currently your player page is below the SMJHL cap of 350 and you aren't doing anything else  Wink

Whalers
Thanks Jakobsen! Not sure exactly what the rules are with that either. It would be interesting to go from New Mexico to Vancouver, but I believe there would be no downside to helping the Whalers out in their playoff run if it was possible. I have not been contacted dealing with anything of the sort. But of course I will be supporting the you and the Whalers all the way through! Whalers

Interview There's been a lot of talk about a need for a Defenseman to play on the top pairing with you. If given your choice, who are the top 5 current SHL Dmen you would like Minnesota to acquire to be your partner?

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

As a defenseman which forward on your team is the worst at backchecking or picking up the trailer?

[Image: livius.gif]

Interview What are your thoughts on once again seeing Ask traded away from Minnesota?

Riot Player Page Riot

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Mar 30 2014, 09:46 PM
Interview There's been a lot of talk about a need for a Defenseman to play on the top pairing with you. If given your choice,  who are the top 5 current SHL Dmen you would like Minnesota to acquire to be your partner?
Man, that's a tough one! Azriel Stryfe of Manhattan would be one. Hamilton has some great defenders in Jalopski and Schultz who would also be great. Logan Valentine of Calgary would be another. Teemu Nurmi as well.

Just some of the many players in this league I would be excited to play alongside.

Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Mar 30 2014, 09:48 PM
As a defenseman which forward on your team is the worst at backchecking or picking up the trailer?
Definitely Corporal Asstronaut. Whenever he was on the ice for his average 10 minutes a game it was like the opposing team was on a powerplay.

Quote:Originally posted by malcontentcapsfan@Mar 30 2014, 09:54 PM
Interview What are your thoughts on once again seeing Ask traded away from Minnesota?
Ask is a great player, one any team is lucky to have. However, with the young core that we have in Minnesota, it was in his best interest that he play for a more veteran squad. It has been great having Winnfield in the locker room and on the ice.

Quote:Originally posted by Banjo Kazooie@Mar 30 2014, 10:59 PM

Man, that's a tough one!  Azriel Stryfe of Manhattan would be one.  Hamilton has some great defenders in Jalopski and Schultz who would also be great.  Logan Valentine of Calgary would be another.  Teemu Nurmi as well. 

Just some of the many players in this league I would be excited to play alongside.

Aggrieved

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Mar 30 2014, 11:09 PM

Aggrieved
He loves me. :D
He loves you not Tongue

Riot Player Page Riot

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Mar 30 2014, 10:09 PM

Aggrieved
Winnfield is so special in my heart I already told Toast to make an offer for you :wub:

Quote:Originally posted by Banjo Kazooie@Mar 30 2014, 11:16 PM

Winnfield is so special in my heart I already told Toast to make an offer for you :wub:

This is outrageous!