Create Account

When is the next recruitment drive?

SMJHL draft is tomorrow and this class has 3-5 active first gens, curious what the status is on recruitment.

Can the HO postpone the draft for a few days?

Can we reach out to subreddits ourselves?

Which subreddits have been contacted so far?

Quote:Posting on r/hockey or any official team subreddit is NOT permitted. All reddit recruitment for r/hockey and the 31 NHL team subreddits is handled by the recruitment team. Posting on these subreddits requires mod approval and posting without mod approval could jeopardize our relationship with them.

Is this still the case? (team subreddits, not r/hockey obviously)

ps. List of subreddits from the previous 4 drives
[Image: eFQTgsi.png]

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 06:42 AM by Mayuu.)

@JSS @CleverPin

RETIRED

The new recruitment head is @CleverPin

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

[Image: dG7gmpw.jpg]
S50 here isn't even players drafted, it's players eligible to be drafted. Set to be worse (in numbers) than any of the S40s SMJHL drafts.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

The draft was delayed--GMs were ready to do Sunday, but CP and HO asked for a few days in hopes of CP's pursuits of some non-reddit recruitment streams.

Nothing from Reddit is coming. That's going to take a much larger conversation with mods over there

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

09-24-2019, 08:49 AMhhh81 Wrote: The draft was delayed--GMs were ready to do Sunday, but CP and HO asked for a few days in hopes of CP's pursuits of some non-reddit recruitment streams.

Nothing from Reddit is coming. That's going to take a much larger conversation with mods over there

This is an instance where communication from SMJHL HO would have been appreciated to bring everyone into the situation. Thank you HHH for letting us know

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

09-24-2019, 08:49 AMhhh81 Wrote: The draft was delayed--GMs were ready to do Sunday, but CP and HO asked for a few days in hopes of CP's pursuits of some non-reddit recruitment streams.

Is this an issue with some specific subreddits or recruitment on reddit as a whole? I remember we got a warning for vote manipulation, are subreddits simply saying no or is there a bigger problem here?

@DrunkenTeddy can post on r/canucks I think, we got a few good people from there the last time

SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

Eek, Reddit has forsaken us.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 10:02 AM by hhh81.)

09-24-2019, 09:44 AMaaronwilson Wrote:

Is this an issue with some specific subreddits or recruitment on reddit as a whole? I remember we got a warning for vote manipulation, are subreddits simply saying no or is there a bigger problem here?

@DrunkenTeddy can post on r/canucks I think, we got a few good people from there the last time

I'm not in SHL HO chats (who oversee the recruitment stuff) nor privy to all of JSS/CleverPin's work, but I'm guessing this has a part to the bigger picture.

I fully believe CP is working on this and going to figure out something for future seasons, but what we see is what we get for this draft class imo.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Just because we can't vote manipulate doesn't mean we shouldn't post on subreddits...

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

09-24-2019, 10:40 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Just because we can't vote manipulate doesn't mean we shouldn't post on subreddits...

Is it vote manipulation if we all use our own accounts and upvote it because we're /r/hockey members that enjoy the SHL?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

09-24-2019, 10:55 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-24-2019, 10:40 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Just because we can't vote manipulate doesn't mean we shouldn't post on subreddits...

Is it vote manipulation if we all use our own accounts and upvote it because we're /r/hockey members that enjoy the SHL?

so dont upvote and the problem is solved

09-24-2019, 11:03 AMgolden_apricot Wrote:
09-24-2019, 10:55 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Is it vote manipulation if we all use our own accounts and upvote it because we're /r/hockey members that enjoy the SHL?

so dont upvote and the problem is solved

Right I get that but my question is how is it vote manipulation if we're all members of /r/hockey and want there to be conversation surrounding a post so we all upvote it?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

09-24-2019, 10:55 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

I think if you were subscribed a while before the post you can safely upvote, I don't see why we wouldn't post on reddit if the mods allow it but I'd like to hear from CP/JSS first

SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

09-24-2019, 11:17 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-24-2019, 11:03 AMgolden_apricot Wrote: so dont upvote and the problem is solved

Right I get that but my question is how is it vote manipulation if we're all members of /r/hockey and want there to be conversation surrounding a post so we all upvote it?

Ya honestly no clue