Create Account

When is the next recruitment drive?

I posted on the Canucks Subreddit this morning. It seems to be gathering some new recruits. Maybe a small boost from a full recruitment but it's something.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

09-24-2019, 11:23 AMTheDangaZone Wrote: CP has already reached out to specific subs to post on and is just waiting for mod approval from them as far as I know.

Which ones? I have good connections to a few hockey-related subreddits, so if you need some help, let me know (PM or discord).

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Why are y'all talking about so much CP

nando has entered the chat

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

09-24-2019, 02:21 PMCarpy48 Wrote:
09-24-2019, 11:23 AMTheDangaZone Wrote: CP has already reached out to specific subs to post on and is just waiting for mod approval from them as far as I know.

Which ones? I have good connections to a few hockey-related subreddits, so if you need some help, let me know (PM or discord).
@CleverPin

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

09-24-2019, 12:42 PMBDonini Wrote: Re postponing the draft, we've already postponed it from Sunday to Wednesday and iirc Thursday/Friday were the worst days for availability among J GM's so delaying it any further would cut way too close to pre-season.

Getting more people for the draft seems more important than preseason though, worst case scenario the draft can be next week, after that double sims for a few days to catch up
This is assuming we can get more recruitment done in the next few days

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

09-24-2019, 03:44 PMaaronwilson Wrote:
09-24-2019, 12:42 PMBDonini Wrote: Re postponing the draft, we've already postponed it from Sunday to Wednesday and iirc Thursday/Friday were the worst days for availability among J GM's so delaying it any further would cut way too close to pre-season.

Getting more people for the draft seems more important than preseason though, worst case scenario the draft can be next week, after that double sims for a few days to catch up
This is assuming we can get more recruitment done in the next few days

There's another problem with postponing that no one has mentioned yet. There are some rookies that joined almost a month ago and they want to be drafted now. If we keep postponing without having any certain recruitment lined up, we might end up losing players instead of gaining more.

The league can stomach a smaller draft class. CleverPin is doing good work and I'm very confident that the next class will be substantially bigger again.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2703946

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Worst case scenario, we have to rely more on recreates than new members. I know this isn't an ideal situation, but this might have to be our "business strategy" for the foreseeable future.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

There's a post up on /r/predators now as well.

Like others have mentioned this offseason was kind of in disarray because the recruitment head quit out of the blue.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

09-24-2019, 05:37 PMEggy216 Wrote: There's a post up on /r/predators now as well.

Like others have mentioned this offseason was kind of in disarray because the recruitment head quit out of the blue.

Haha I get it because he's GM of the team with the goalie named blue

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

just make a promoted post on reddit for a few days targeting the subs you want. you are guaranteed a certain amount of impressions and a 3 day campaign wouldn't be very expensive, plus as a paid posts the mods cant really do shit about it unless it breaks reddit's tos.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

09-24-2019, 06:38 PMuhh Wrote: just make a promoted post on reddit for a few days targeting the subs you want. you are guaranteed a certain amount of impressions and a 3 day campaign wouldn't be very expensive, plus as a paid posts the mods cant really do shit about it unless it breaks reddit's tos.

I think we really need to bring back up the conversation of donations for training or PT passes or something.

Maybe even something like a signature shop where members can sell graphics for a small amount of money, the money goes to the league and they get $1,000,000 or $500,000 SHL bucks for every dollar they make. I'm just trying to think of any way we can incentivize donations.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Then stop offering an award for upvoting. Go round and DM the 200 odd trustworthy SHL members directly to upvote if they're already subscribed to a relevant subreddit instead. Evidence trails are for rookies.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]