Create Account

S49 SHL Awards Show

09-26-2019, 01:52 PMFlareon Wrote:
09-26-2019, 01:35 PM39alaska39 Wrote: A few seasons ago there was a small uproar over a losing finalist winning the playoff MVP award, so since that, there has been a concerted effort to have that not happen again

by that logic the Mexico should only go to the team who won the Presidents

I don't really get how you got to here, but I think it would take an unbelievable playoff for a losing finalist to win the award. Would have to be a Giguere-esque playoff, and I don't see that coming

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

09-26-2019, 01:25 PMFlareon Wrote: I appreciate the Biscuit nom

but..

why not a Razov? Morgan lead the league in +/-. and was 1 point short of assists leader with 7 less games than them?

Clearly the committee was blinded by the finals sweep. The league should change the award to Playoffs Finals MVP.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

09-26-2019, 03:04 PMgordieboom Wrote:
09-26-2019, 01:25 PMFlareon Wrote: I appreciate the Biscuit nom

but..

why not a Razov? Morgan lead the league in +/-. and was 1 point short of assists leader with 7 less games than them?

Clearly the committee was blinded by the finals sweep. The league should change the award to Playoffs Finals MVP.

Kinda disagree here. Like blizzard played from last seed to win it all, they played more games than anyone else and fought harder than anyone else. Given that is it surprising that the nominations for play off MVPs are from that team?

@.bojo

I struggle to do a article about award nominations as the final nominees aren't my nominees they are the whole groups. And while some discussion and back and forth happens. A lot of the thinking can still be hidden.

Having said that. I might still post something. Cause I agree it is super cool.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

thank you for the nomination friends I am honored Heart Blush

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

09-26-2019, 03:15 PMTomasnz Wrote:
09-26-2019, 03:04 PMgordieboom Wrote: Clearly the committee was blinded by the finals sweep. The league should change the award to Playoffs Finals MVP.

Kinda disagree here. Like blizzard played from last seed to win it all, they played more games than anyone else and fought harder than anyone else. Given that is it surprising that the nominations for play off MVPs are from that team?

Wtf? Playing more games is a factor, especially knowing losses counts towards that number? Also i think our battle against MAN was a hard fought out battle.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

@Blastmeaway should win all the awards

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

09-26-2019, 03:29 PMgordieboom Wrote:
09-26-2019, 03:15 PMTomasnz Wrote: Kinda disagree here. Like blizzard played from last seed to win it all, they played more games than anyone else and fought harder than anyone else. Given that is it surprising that the nominations for play off MVPs are from that team?

Wtf? Playing more games is a factor, especially knowing losses counts towards that number? Also i think our battle against MAN was a hard fought out battle.

This is an argument the NHL has every so often (including this year with Tuukka), and the answer is almost always resoundingly clear: if your team does not win the Cup, you will not win Playoff MVP. By your argument, if someone had 25 ish points but lost in the conference finals, they should win the award. And I think we’d both agree that that isn’t going to happen and shouldn’t.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters

I get why boom is upset to be honest, in my opinion people are a bit too strict with the "Playoff MVP needs to be from the Champion team" argument. If you play outstanding in the playoffs and only lose in the finals then you do deserve a nomination imho, even if you won't end up winning the award. But in the past the majority of voters have had a different take on this and the same goes for regular season MVP, although to a lesser extent.

Like, in my opinion Loki deserved a nomination for the Mexico but he wouldn't have been my candidate to win it either, based on the fact that they didn't make the playoffs, that his +/- was bad even compared to his teammates and that there was another outstanding scorer on the team, something that Pepperoni and especially Smyth didn't have.

09-26-2019, 04:05 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
09-26-2019, 03:29 PMgordieboom Wrote: Wtf? Playing more games is a factor, especially knowing losses counts towards that number? Also i think our battle against MAN was a hard fought out battle.

This is an argument the NHL has every so often (including this year with Tuukka), and the answer is almost always resoundingly clear: if your team does not win the Cup, you will not win Playoff MVP. By your argument, if someone had 25 ish points but lost in the conference finals, they should win the award. And I think we’d both agree that that isn’t going to happen and shouldn’t.

Well it did happen in the juniors when Gordie won the four star cup and got snubbed for MVP by someone from the losing team.

ok but at least gib dar

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

09-26-2019, 04:21 PMgordieboom Wrote:
09-26-2019, 04:05 PM39alaska39 Wrote: This is an argument the NHL has every so often (including this year with Tuukka), and the answer is almost always resoundingly clear: if your team does not win the Cup, you will not win Playoff MVP. By your argument, if someone had 25 ish points but lost in the conference finals, they should win the award. And I think we’d both agree that that isn’t going to happen and shouldn’t.

Well it did happen in the juniors when Gordie won the four star cup and got snubbed for MVP by someone from the losing team.

If you’re talking about 46 and Leblanc, yeah sorry not sorry, your 14 points in 19 games isn’t going to win you playoff MVP

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters

09-26-2019, 04:05 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
09-26-2019, 03:29 PMgordieboom Wrote: Wtf? Playing more games is a factor, especially knowing losses counts towards that number? Also i think our battle against MAN was a hard fought out battle.

S39 SMJHL Awards will haunt @esilverm and I forever. We lost out on playoff MVP to, I believe, Wongy, who was on the losing team, because the committee couldn’t decided Silver and I so the votes got split and wongy ends up winning because silver and I split.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

09-26-2019, 08:10 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
09-26-2019, 04:05 PM39alaska39 Wrote: This is an argument the NHL has every so often (including this year with Tuukka), and the answer is almost always resoundingly clear: if your team does not win the Cup, you will not win Playoff MVP. By your argument, if someone had 25 ish points but lost in the conference finals, they should win the award. And I think we’d both agree that that isn’t going to happen and shouldn’t.

S39 SMJHL Awards will haunt @esilverm and I forever. We lost out on playoff MVP to, I believe, Wongy, who was on the losing team, because the committee couldn’t decided Silver and I so the votes got split and wongy ends up winning because silver and I split.

Don’t remind me. We should’ve shared the award smh

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

I am curious how defensive defenseman and most improved player are decided. Is it all stat based or are other factors taken into account?