Create Account

S50 PT #1 - Season 50 Anniversary Gala

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

In honor of the milestone 50th season, the SHL has put on an extravagant gala in celebration of the past, present, and future of the SHL. It's truly a remarkable event, filled with speeches, food and drink, dancing, and opulence all around.

Written Task Options (150+ words total, pick 1 or 2):
A: Many of the notable retired players from SHL lore are in attendance at the event. What legend from the SHL past are you seeking out at the event and what will you talk about with them? Describe who you're looking for and how you go about meeting them.
B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?
C: As the night turns into morning and the drinks have been flowing, things start to get a bit unruly. Describe what's happening by the end of the night, once the older folks have gone home and the true party animals are in charge.
D: You are one of the honored few asked to make a speech at the event. They give you total freedom in what you talk about - a moment in SHL history, a vision for the future of the league, anything you want. Give us an excerpt of your speech.
E: Describe the red carpet scene leading up to the event - who's making the biggest splash? Who's wearing the wildest outfit?

Graphic Task:
Show us a scene from the red carpet before the event. Show us at least two player renders posing together on the red carpet in their sharpest/most extravagant attire - be sure to include an SHL logo somewhere in the scene so people know what event it's from!

Choose one or two of the written task options or the graphic task option. Written tasks must be at least 150 words total to get credit.

Additional information: 
You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements. 
This PT will close Sunday, October 6th at 10pm ET.

Welfare claims from either PBE or the NSFL are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Quote:B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

The extravagant gala for the 50th anniversary of the SHL has been a tremendous experience and one that I will truly never forget! At first my team the  Blizzard and I arrived to the red carpet holding the Challenge Cup as we won it this past season and we were all seated together during the event. 

All my teammates from this past season were present at the event and we took plenty of photographs together to celebrate what we achieved this past season, what our off-season plans were and how we want to repeat as champions for the 50th season for the SHL. 

The food and drinks were spectacular as well. Of course there were salami sandwiches at our table for our boy tommy and there were plenty of other foods as well such as lobster, caviar and some really awesome pizza. I had the sausage, pepperoni and cheese pizza myself. Our team shared a toast of champagne that night as the event came to a close as well.

Overall, a night where we celebrated our achievements this past season and how we want to do this all over again for the 50th season in the SHL.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 09:58 PM by FinnRhys.)

Code:
B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

Overall it is an amazingly fun and carefree night for FR Finn-Rhys, but the night does have a serious part to it, at least for FR. Always the social butterfly, no table can contain FR as he mingles and moves from table to table around the grand ballroom spreading his message of love for his teammates and fellow SHL and SMJHL players. FR pays special attention to Halifax's newly drafted SMJHL and SHL rookies like Krash (@CementHands), Kayhall (nee Randall Hall) (@mxman991), Cheez-Its (@sailingdrumstick) and the real AB (@charlieconway). FR grabs a few of the SHL players he admires the most like Perry Morgan (@Flareon), Jimmy Slothface (@slothfacekilla) and Andrej Doskocil (@Citizen of Adraa) and brings them to the rookies' table. He prods Perry, Andrej and Jimmy to give advice to the rookies about being a professional hockey player and how they represent more than just themselves but also the city of Halifax, the franchise, their hometowns and their families. FR and the veterans candidly tell the rookies about how hockey life can be hard, not just physically but mentally as well. How hockey life can be hard, not just on the player but on their family with all the travel, the missed birthdays and anniversaries and special life events. FR makes sure that the rookies know that they can always count on him and that he will always be available to answer their questions or help them through the tough life that is being a minor league hockey player trying to make it big. He looks around the table and realizes that the audience of rookies has grown. It isn't just Halifax players anymore but a handful of rookies from across the SMJHL franchises.

"Come on FR, let's have some fun. Why be so serious? We can probably wait to hear this talk from our team captains or GMs. We don't need to be so serious tonight. It's supposed to be a party." one of the rookies says.

It is not that he is depressed or morose that FR brings up a serious topic at what is supposed to be a carefree event, but rather because FR remembers what it was like to be a rookie and new to the league. He wants to take a few moments during all the glitz and glamor of the gala to give back and mentor the young charges on the Halifax squad and any other team that cared to listen. Maybe someday, these rookies would remember these few minutes and would be in a position to help and mentor other young charges and pay it forward. And if it helped even one person it'd be worth it, right?

"Leadership does not need titles. Hockey life can be harder than you realize Rook, so take care of each other. Remember that," FR replies before slowly walking off to another table.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019, 04:57 AM by Katth.)

When I entered the room I found out I was seated with a few party animals from the Calgary Dragons. Atlas Rush (@Rublic), Mike Izzy (@Mike Izzy), Bernik Vrzala (@Off) and Maxim Bouchard (@Weretarantula). The food has been excellent and we're posting pictures of it in our delicious food channel to brag to those who couldn't make it to the gala. Drinks are flowing nicely and we're getting some great advice from Atlas Rush to pair whisky and food. As the evening progresses it's getting obvious that some of us can hold their liquor way better than others. I'm not calling anyone out, but there was someone who had to visit the restroom a couple times too many. Some of us called it a night and we went to a kebab shop nearby. Mike Izzy did the most Dragons thing ever and ordered a Kebab with parm cheese. You know the joke about a guitar sandwich? Well that's how Izzy was look after eating the kebab for about 5 minutes.

I was glad I was able to write this up the next morning. I didn't think I'd remember any of it.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

When given to the opportunity to speak infront of this great crowd tonight, all I could think of was, “this is my time to get my ideas across to the world.” You see, intellectuals like myself enjoy to sit and think about the world and why things are the way they appear. Was I supposed to talk about what life is like as a recent draftee??? Absolutely, but this was a chance I could not miss. I began my speech by introducing myself to those in attendance, most of them saying “isn’t this the dude we passed on because he sucks?” (this is true). But the few who were listening I could tell would be influenced by my great ideas to come. After the introduction and a few remarks on topic, I told them all about my recent proof as to how 1 x 1 = 2 and began an in depth discussion on the geometry of the universe and how there are no straight lines. This might have been the most influential speech at the gala.

the proof

Code:
B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

Gabe Johnson spent his night hanging out with the Hamilton Steelhawks players and their sent-down prospects, at their own separate table far from where the rest of the party was going on. Johnson was more of a timid type throughout the event, mostly through sheer embarrassment over comprehensively losing an arm wrestle he challenged recent draftee Samuel Michaud to, which Steelhawks 1st rounder Hariken Urawa caught on video. Starlet Aaron Wilson spent a lot of the night telling off star prospect Skao Anazibf about his lack of work ethic, only getting more passionate and aggressive the more wine Wilson downed. Another big prospect, Jagger Fouquette, failed to show up to the event at all, presumably because he slept through it. Dale Miller and Jax Duggan, both Vancouver alumni, were bullying current Whaler and Hammy draftee François Breton during the event, just because he's a very easy target over anything else. Older players Robert Phelps, Oliver König, Tig Murphy, Geezus Kryyst and Jean-Pierre Gay all sat their own table in the meantime, adding a little class to the Steelhawks section (at least until they all, too, drank a little much). In general, the event was great fun for the team and league celebrating their 50th anniversaries!

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=111110

[Image: giphy.gif]

The only player I want to see is Lord Pretty Flacko @Baelor Swift

He is the best player to ever play in this league from a pure skill and grit department, but is often overlooked as the statistical metrics don't back the claims up. Since retiring, he has been living in western Africa as a hockey ambassador to the United Nations. He is the Greta Thunberg of Gordie Howe hatricks and is changing the way young players play the game.

This will be his first public appearance since retiring and his cult following is ever growing and excited. Flacko has consistently been regarded as an elite talent to those who play the game, however to fans and media he fades into the recesses of mediocrity. His impact is felt on the ice as young players turn to him as the catalyst of the new era of forwards.

It will be exciting to see LPF once again and news outlets are buzzing regarding what he will be wearing.

simmer claim

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 04:58 PM by puolivalmiste.)

[Image: AbCcPi0.png]

Björn Leppänen (left) congratulates Jean-Paul Boivin for becoming a team captain after they had announced the 2½th generation of Vancouver Bash Bros
@Nokazoa

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Code:
A: Many of the notable retired players from SHL lore are in attendance at the event. What legend from the SHL past are you seeking out at the event and what will you talk about with them? Describe who you're looking for and how you go about meeting them.

As I make my way to the Season 50 SHL Anniversary Gala, I start getting an excited feeling. This gala is going to be huge. Players from every era are going to be there to celebrate the SHL and I can't wait to catch up with a few legends.

There are a ton of people that I want to see, but I'll be looking out for the OG, Jeff Krever. Krever and I came into the league together at the very beginning. We were pioneers and builders of the SHL. He branced off to other endeavours so I haven't seen him in a while so I can't wait to catch up. I'm sure we'll take about how much has changed since season 1. We'll take about all the firsts we accomplished in the league, and I'll be sure to mention that I GMed the inaugural champion Winnipeg Jets. When I get there, I know I'll find him at the bar getting a nice cold one.

This gala is going to be an amazing night and I can't wait to see old friends and reminisce about this crazy little league.

(189 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

B – Elijah Jones is suited up in an impeccable suit that is causing heads to turn. Having a few drinks, telling a couple of jokes; Elijah Jones is having a grand time at the event. Jones catches up with some of his old teammates in Anchorage, mingles with his LA Panthers teammates whom he’s seated with. The Panthers teammates are the ones Jones has been around the most lately, spending long hours at the rink, gearing up for next season. It’s refreshing to see these guys in a different setting and under different circumstances. Even Coach is there who is usually barking orders at the guys, but tonight he’s having fun like he’s one of the boys. The event is a good time for all, everyone seems relaxed and jubilant for the anniversary. It marks an important milestone for the league, and all the players recognize that which adds to the festive mood.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 07:59 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: Knr6pVr.png]

@DrunkenTeddy

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I can answer part B and part C in one big explination. Most of the former Vancouver Whalers players decided to get dinner together before the gala, catch up, see how everyone is doing, have a few drinks before hand. Continuing into the Gala, there were more drinks, like alot more drinks. Most of the Whalers got pretty fucked up, especially the guys still playing for the team. As we got further into the night @Nokazoa Jean Paul Boivin saw @Rublic Atlas Rush and @FinnRhys. Having remembered stories about the epic rivalry between Halifax and Vancouver in season 46, he decided to huck a piece of cake towards the pair. This was responded to with aggression from both players and alumni of the Raiders, which was met in kind by Whalers current and past. The only notable players not joining in on the brawl seemed to be @aaronwilson and Troy Reynolds @sharksisback.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Quote:C: As the night turns into morning and the drinks have been flowing, things start to get a bit unruly. Describe what's happening by the end of the night, once the older folks have gone home and the true party animals are in charge.

It's been a long training camp and I've gotten to know quite a lot of the boys in Buffalo, so a couple of us were gathered around Konig to celebrate what a great career he's had and to pick his brain on how I could improve myself to be more ready for the show. We were all pretty tipsy by the time the presentations ended, but the party was only beginning. Things got a bit crazy when Budgie, Danny and Sammy showed up at our table and we all got to share a drink and talk about how our time has been on our new SHL teams. Since we hadn't had a boys night out in a while, we decided that it was a good time to have one at the gala because we were all looking nice and spiffy for the show. Before I knew it though, Danny, being the guy that he is, was already shirtless on a table dancing with some of the girls that were in attendance. Meanwhile, Budgie was off mackin' on one of the hot waitresses and Sammy boy was off mingling with the Hammy boys. At this point, I realized that for once I was the one just hanging out relaxing with a drink. Maybe it was how difficult coached pushed us during camp or maybe I'm just getting older, but it felt good to hang out on the sidelines watching. This didn't last long though because Danny found some WANG20 and next thing you know I'm on the dance floor with one of the ladies that Danny had around him. One thing led to another and we all ended up back in one of the penthouse suites at our hotel and that's all I am probably allowed to say here. Lots of women and substances. You can use your imagination to think about what went on, but I can't tell you or else I might get fined or suspended or even worse, banned.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa