Create Account

S50 PT #1 - Season 50 Anniversary Gala

I find myself say next to the one and only Marcus Weiser at the anniversary gala. Although many expected the recently retired to not show up, the man himself was indeed in attendance as he goes down as one of the more infamous young players in league history. While me and him have had our differences, we were able to act civil during the gala, having some laughs as @MCP_ MC'd the event for everyone to watch. In commemoration of the event, the Vancouver Whalers table was issued a massive cake that we absolutely devoured as a team. It was a great team bonding event as we prepare to return to the SMJHL this season where we are definitely having some struggles this season. The Whalers are a team with a long storied history, and many of our alumni were present at the event as we celebrated a storied franchise in the best way possible.

[Image: ws92zPV.png]
FIRST SHIFT, FIRST GAME, FIRST SHOT, FIRST GOAL
[img=0x0]https://i.ibb.co/4fx7RqP/first-goal.png[/img]

Quote:B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

On the night of the grand Season 50 Gala Bobby made sure to be on his best behavior. Being the most veteran member of the team he needed to set an example for the rookies and the other members of the team.

Bobby was seated with the rest of the team leadership around him. Captain Jean-Paul Boivin on his left and the other assistant captain Bjorn Leppanen on his right. All 3 captains suited up and fancied up to the gills.

During the night there was a lot of reminiscing about the legendary S48 Four Star Cup run, but with a hint of sadness about where the team has gone since then. Now there's some new found optimism though with a great draft run by the GMs and great development from the young guns.

While the night was great and the event very fun, the main thing on everyone's minds was the upcoming season and the hunt for the cup.

[Image: nubbedindaribs.gif]

My Speech:

It is with great honor that I discuss the stars and the moons. For we are all mortals and even immortals are old so they are imperfect like us all living here in this blue planet we call Earth, which may just be one of many planets to be floating around in the abyss that call Outer Space. Many times, I hear of other planets. I question it, always. They says we are all round, like spheres. Why would the Earth be a sphere if we were, in fact, shaped like basketballs? Does anyone even know that basketball was a sport only invented in the early nineteenth century, which means that Earth has to be flat in order to account for the juxtaposition of the spherical matter here that those are always talking about. It's a sad case, really. We live in a world where some think the shape is different and it is a hard case to follow. One day, I tell you. I love hockey.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

A: Many of the notable retired players from SHL lore are in attendance at the event. What legend from the SHL past are you seeking out at the event and what will you talk about with them? Describe who you're looking for and how you go about meeting them.

I would definitely love to meet Minnesota Chiefs legend Alonzo Garbanzo. He had the career with the Chiefs that Seger would like to one day have as well, however 1200 career regular season games will be almost impossible to match. I would love to hear from him how the atmosphere in the team was back then and how it felt going on that cup run.

B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

Someone has told me that I would be seated on the same table as Geoff Moore @Leppish and Collin Gibbles @SpartanGibbles. It would also be amazing to have Mika Mayfield @BadWolf on there, so the core of the team would be together and can have a fun team building night with a ton of good food and a lot of alcohol. I imagine that once we have chased everybody else from the table, a couple of drinking games would be played and everyone would have a great night.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

I will be seated with my fellow New Orleans Specter teammates, most notable @Evok , @TheDangaZone , @JoeK , @Fuzz , @Slothface , and many more that I cant think off of the top of my head. The Specters table will be the biggest in the room as I was childhood friends with one of the main people in charge of setting the event up. For the people who are over 21 we will be consuming some fantastic alcoholic beverages. On top of that we have a 3 course meal consisting of fish, steak, pasta and a wild selection of salads and soups. My favorite dish of the night was the clam chowder soup, 18 ounce ribeye steak and the smashed potatoes. The night will be capped off with a great desert; cookies and cream cake with a side of either chocolate martini or a cup of coffee. The gala will go down as one of the best dressed and most thrilling events in SHL history.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

PBE PT

Friends, athletes, and Los Angeles Panthers, I'm up here today to talk to you a bit about my vision of the future of the league. I have been fairly outspoken in the past about my views on corruption, shadow organizations and treatment of the players as a means of profit. As we move forward, I think we need to change the course of the league by going back to doing it for the love of the game. To do this, I propose that we go ahead and remove contracts and play for free.

This would help us avoid drama of money being skimmed, contracts being demanded, and any shady backroom deals. Let's not incentivize the shadow organization, and instead take the money out of the game.` The true beauty of playing the game is for the fun of it, so let's lock the arenas, ditch the sponsors, and play just as a crew out on the lakes. That's where I see the future of the SHL heading. Shinny Hockey League

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 09:06 PM by c00kies.)

A: Many of the notable retired players from SHL lore are in attendance at the event. What legend from the SHL past are you seeking out at the event and what will you talk about with them? Describe who you're looking for and how you go about meeting them.

I heard that Calgary Dragons legend Schnitinfritz Jagr was going to be attending, so I seeked him out by the bar area, where he was flirting it up with the ladies, including my wife but I didnt care, he's such a legend and he became quite the ladies man under the guidance of Alex Mack. I bud in and ask if I can buy him a drink. He recognizes me as a current star for the Calgary Dragons. You can buy me a drink, but if you want to talk further, you have to pick the right one. I accept his challenge and buy him a rye and coke...it's his favourite, so he leaves the women and we get a table to talk about women, hockey, and everything else... as apparently Jagr had a couple promotional deals from when he was a Dragon, and he was giving shooter all sorts of financial advice.

However, when Jagr found out just how good Shooter was at golfing, he asked for lessons and a home tour. Of course Shooter obliged, and loves his new best friend.

B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

Throughout the night Nadeau is sitting in his seat doing what he does best, bench warm or in this case seat warming for the next person who may sit in his chair. Although he may seem depressed, Nadeau is in all actuality enjoying his time at the event talking to his goalie friends that he has made over the years in the league. The table that he is sitting at consists of all the goalies in the SHL as they are a tight knit group and are all on friendly terms. To his right sits Harry Carpet , his former back up goalie in Lethbridge, and long time friend who has taken the reigns in Toronto , and on his left is Peter Larson, a former rival and friend from his day in the SMJHL. Throughout the night the goalies are talking about technique, experiences and funny events that have taken place in their respective locker rooms. Nadeau wouldn't stop eating the truffle fries, yes it's fancy, and will probably get a talking to from his head coach for putting on a few pounds.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

With the 50th season milestone, I had the privilege of watching the OG Barbashev be awarded as of the leaders of the cup winning North Stars team back in the day. I made sure to take lots of photos of him and the Challenge Cup along with all his medals from IIHF with Russia. We sat in group of many mixed players ranging from Maximova to Pierre Luc Laflamme and Carter O’Callahan (also known as COC), which is just a sick name to begin with. My dad (OG Barbs), discussed his time in Toronto and some of the moments he had with players such as Adam Falk who is now my GM in Kelowna and also people like Cynthia Taylor who took over for the North Stars years back. It was a great event, I met a lot of old superstars past and present and I can only hope to be in the record books with so many of these phenomenal players and people. The night was one I’ll always remember.

Code:
171 words

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

The best dressed at the S50 Anniversary Gala are as follows: #1 - Nathan Russell was in attendance, and looking as good as ever in a three piece suit, hair slicked to the side, sunglasses, and that devilish smile. #2 - Kornel Kasparek arrived on the scene with a bright yellow suit, but this was a sharp piece of sartorial magnificence. #3 - What kind of gala would it be without Alonzo Garbanzo, who was sporting a nice retirement beard to bring his whole outfit together. Sunglasses were a nice touch. #4 - Next up we have the always gorgeous, Geronimo Otto, who was taking a break from "GMing" the Pride (definitely not wow classic). Otto was wearing his Pride jersey, so naturally he made the list of best dressed. Not much looks better on someone than a San Francisco Pride jersey, let's be real. #5 - Finally the top 5 is rounded out with none other than Esa Anrikkanen, who showed up with nothing but a stack of chicken parms covering himself. What a crazy lad.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

*Shannon Sharpe on Skip & Shannon the morning after the Gala*

Oooooooooooooooh wee! That boy Noahie Tee, I'm telling you that man came out lookin DIFFERENT. Versace suit, rolex on his wrist, crocs on his feet god knows why, but he was looking mighty fine I tell you. Ain't nobody out in that gala showed up as sharp as him. What is he, 20? Where he get that money from? Lawd have mercy he's lookin like me in my 20s! And what his teammate pull up in? E- Eegor Volkawv? He pulled up in a WHAT? A LAB COAT? He better have spent 10 Gs on that thang. C'mon Skiiiiiiip. Ain't no way a professional hockey player wear a lab coat. What, he bring in a beaker as well? Hope the rest of the Chiefs follow his d partner's footsteps in terms of fashion sense, 'cause uhh, if it's the other way around, Skip, it ain't lookin too good. *chuckles*

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland

Slappy McDoodle was surprised at the invitation to speak at the SHL 50th anniversary gala. Although he considered himself a wonderful public speaker, and often gave long, impromptu talks about life, the universe and everything and why the answer to it all is 42, down by the water on South Beach, the league itself had never asked to him to speak before.

He was determined not to let this chance pass him by. He gathered his retinue of gurus, shamans, visionaries and charlatans together and dosed everyone liberally with LSD. Once everyone was peaking, the brainstorming session began. A weekend of legendary debauchery, and amateur philosophizing ensued. When everyone emerged from McDoodle’s beachside house at the end of the weekend sticky, reeking of sex and booze and stained with various ointments, powders and bodily fluids, a masterpiece had been written.

Slappy McDoodle arrived at the gala ready to roll. The speech he would give would change the world. It contained truths of such power and undeniable elegance it caused spontaneous tears in all who heard it, along with a desire to give one’s life over to health, healing and charity. It was a magnum opus of brilliance and wit.

Five minutes before McDoodle was to deliver this treatise of truth and love and elevate humanity to the next evolution, Pierre Luc LaFlamme’s three large and lovely sisters showed up backstage with a slip and slide and a large tub of cool whip, to beckon Slappy into an unused storage room. Such is the capriciousness of life. The world changing speech ended up at the bottom of a pile of cool whip covered humanity. McDoodle never made it on stage but regretted nothing.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 10:08 PM by hotdog.)

10-06-2019, 06:40 AMMayuu Wrote: I'm sick of this shit. I'm sick of all the bullshit happening in this community. This used to be a goddamn community of hockey enthusiast, real players, kids who went though it, kids who got fucked with, kids that resorted to the SHL world because the real world is too fucking hard too shitty too lonely too sad and depressing when realizing you are never making it to the big show. Now its ran by the same fucking god damn the same TPE whores that rejected us the same TPE whores that choose the goddamn fucking VHL over us the same TPE whores that come into our community taking the first line spots, taking the awards the same way they did back in the day fuck that. I am the goddamn fucking reality check.

SHL used to be a place where 1000 TPE would be enough but now these teams have players over 2000, it's time to wake up SHL. This is no longer a game, this is a god damn popularity contest.

Reality check out!

i like the copypasta but you're not gonna get credit for this lol

edit: unless this is your speech excerpt?? if that's the case please make that clear in the future

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway