Create Account

S50 PT #1 - Season 50 Anniversary Gala

Wilson will be seeking out his former retired team mates from the S31 draft, notably Geronimo Otto. It has been a long time since the two old teammates played together, but Otto will always have a spot in his heart. Back in the day, the plan of retiring into the German countryside was discussed between the two. Otto has been off living the retired dream for a while. Wilson will be probing him for some answers as to what comes after retirement, as he'll be there joining him soon. There will be plenty of reminiscing about the good old days when they were two of the best in the league, as Otto has been declining in a beer league and Wilson is being pushed out of the league.
There are rumours of the two rejuvenating their old time clothing brand just for this special gala. They will be rocking the old school Kelowna Knights colours with some fancy green and yellow suits. Maybe this could lead to a restart to the brand.
@tweedledunn

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

Code:
B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

Me and Ursin are exicted to went to the Gala for the upcoming S50 Gala Night. Our first in our Career. Our table is a bit aside of the big room. We took a seat and we stunned about all the Players are here. Our idols, our favorite players we just known from the TV, so our talk is about the best Players of the last SHL Season, the new drafties and of course about us playing in the SHL soon. The Menue, it could be better, a pumpking soup, soo delicous, after that a big big big BBQ-Buffet with Spare Ribs, Brisket, Pulled Pork and so much more. For us Swiss guys, it's always so excited to have a BBQ like this, because in Switzerland, we do not have anything like this.

Ursin and I enjoyed our first Gala-Night and we hope, there will be a next soon. Good luck for the season for every Player and Team. Looking forward to meet ou on the Ice.

[Image: sBbbJmN.png]
Thank you @ToeDragon84
[Image: 431fb2-1569327124.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man the red carpet leading into this event was wild. When it comes to down to Tampa Bay hockey, there is one thing you can expect to see and that is some wild ass suits. Flacko Lagerfield @JSS was the first member of the team to be in attendance, sporting a stylish blue jacket and traditional white pants. David Fantobens @Fantobens followed behind wearing a regular tux but adorning his head with an absolute statement piece in a barracuda jaw. Nolan Sawchuk @Jepox came in third, opting to go for a more mild route with a plain black suit because he's lazy and sucks, before Nickolas Klaus truly took the cake on the night. The massive 6'11" center entered the red carpet wheeled in whilst submerged in a fish tank in a giant barracuda costume, surrounded by guppies and minnows. He reportedly had a small breathing tube, but we opt to believe that he's just invincible and can thus breathe under water.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

D: You are one of the honored few asked to make a speech at the event. They give you total freedom in what you talk about - a moment in SHL history, a vision for the future of the league, anything you want. Give us an excerpt of your speech.

"First, a congratulations to the Edmonton Blizzard. What an accomplishment. Mr. Reinhart, truly a testament to your leadership and tenacity. Rockefeller? Congratulations on the playoff MVP. You deserved every bit of that trophy. Tuck, Cuddles. All of you boys in Edmonton - great job. I'm not just here to congratulate the cup winners, however. I come here with a purpose and one that I hope every single member of this league, past and present, can get behind. Alumni, general managers, hall of famers, coaches, super stars, fourth line players getting five minutes a night, we all have a responsibility and all of you can make an impact regardless of status. We stand here at a crossroads in the history of the SHL, and what path we go down is dependent on each and every one of you. Every young player needs a mentor and every future player needs an inspiration. This league is the strongest it's ever been and I, for one, hope to only see it get stronger. But it will not do that unless you, I, and all who come after us step up to the plate and give it every god damn thing we've got to make sure that happens. Thank you."

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

C: As the night turns into morning and the drinks have been flowing, things start to get a bit unruly. Describe what's happening by the end of the night, once the older folks have gone home and the true party animals are in charge.

Here in the Simulation Hockey League, we party hard and we party all night. As the party goes on and on into the early hours of the morning, some of us get a little more intoxicated than others. 4 men, once all teammates reunite for one last hurrah when the night turns to morning to fuck shit up for the good times. The “Goon Squad” comprised of Teddy Cuddles, Tor Tuck, DeMaricus Smyth, and Ensio Kalju, all S45 Challenge Cup Champions with the Edmonton Blizzard all get drunk out of the minds and start taking out fellow guests at the party. They go to the Calgary Dragons Table and- WHATS THIS?? TOR TUCK DROPPING THE FLYING ELBOW ON MIKE IZZY? OH MY GOD I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!! An all out brawn ensues between the drunken goon squad an the angry Dragons. Not being able to feel pain, the Goon Squad emerged victorious as they had 5 seasons ago in the playoffs.

@ErM @Blastmeaway @jRuutu @Mike Izzy

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?

Lyle Odelein III has always been a super fan when it comes to hockey players. So for the majority of the night Lyle was making sure his jaw wasn't wide open and that he wasn't creepily staring at his SHL teammates and competitors. Lyle sat with his New Orleans Specters teammates, specifically with the defensive players. Captain Osin Fletcher thought it would be a good team building event, which it certainly turned out to be. Lyle got to talk with all his new defensive teammates, and he was seen actually taking notes while talking with Flectcher, Richard Physt, Bob Bergen, Sean Stevenson Jr, Clint Eastwood and Lyle's old teammate and captain from St. Louis, Charlie Serpe. Lyle also got the chance to meet up with some of his Crow teammates, all rookies now for their respective SHL team, Nicolaj Muller, Mika Kandinsky and Noah Brusky. All in all, Lyle had a great night at the gala, he did his best to try and soak it all in. He is more excited than ever to start playing in the SHL!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

A: Many of the notable retired players from SHL lore are in attendance at the event. What legend from the SHL past are you seeking out at the event and what will you talk about with them? Describe who you're looking for and how you go about meeting them.

I would talk to Jonathan Lundberg, the best journey man player in the SHL, as we also played together for 1 season in the SHL together with the San Francisco Pride. We would talk about the rest of his seasons, going to play in Minnesota, and the rest of his teams. We would also talk about his time in the SHL, what cities were the best for him, which ones were the worst to be in. I would congratulate him for being 2nd most in hits, and he would tell me that I was his 2999th hit, which is a big honor for me, as I was at Manhattan at the time while he was chasing for the hit record. We would talk about life outside of hockey, what keeps him busy in retirement after playing over 20 seasons in the SHL, he is basically set for life, so he needs to find ways to keep active and healthy. We talked a bit about me, my race to 50 points in a season, how I said I want to get my physicality up this season, and start to round out my game as well.
194 words

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

C: As the night turns into morning and the drinks have been flowing, things start to get a bit unruly. Describe what's happening by the end of the night, once the older folks have gone home and the true party animals are in charge.

It was the end of the night and all was quite grim.
There was cake on the floor, it was thrown on a whim.
Host Hotdog was a mess, in a drunken haze.
There would stories coming out, about this party for days.
Like how CC2, tried to seduce a large fish.
To remember it all, would be my one wish.
There was also that part, where the ceiling collapsed.
Due to Trella climbing up, and performing a dance.
Like Miley Cyrus did, in her wrecking ball video.
Hanging off the chandelier, and swinging hitherto.
But what can you expect, when the booze is free.
The limits aren't there, and it's quite plain to see.
They just let them go nuts, like animals wild.
And be sure the after party, is anything but mild.
Like a Roman orgy, of repulsion and glamour.
These hockey players know, how to lose their manner.
But that's all for today, but there will be plenty more.
Be sure to watch, the next SHL awards.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

As a newly drafted New England rookie, Sasha Dangelchek was a bit nervous walking into the gala. This was his first true SHL event, and it came with all the glitz and glamour that a person could want. As his grasp of English isn't the best, Dangelchek didn't do much mingling beforehand. He searched out his new teammates with the Wolfpack, and they welcomed him to their table.

Grateful to have some new friends to sit with, Dangelchek started to loosen up. The speeches from some of the all-time greats - when he could understand them - were magnificent. It dawned on Dangelchek that he was in the presence of some hockey royalty. He spotted some St. Louis teammates and gave them a wave as he went up to the bar to get another round for the boys. As the team ate and drank and laughed and talked,
Dangelchek started to feel more comfortable and the warmth of camaraderie washed over him. He was really starting to feel like he belonged. He was going to become the best player he could be, and someday he'd be one of the men up front giving the speeches.

193 Words

[Image: danglechek.png]

Quote:B: What are you doing throughout the night? Who are you seated with? What's going on at your table throughout the night's events? How's the food and drink?
E: Describe the red carpet scene leading up to the event - who's making the biggest splash? Who's wearing the wildest outfit

It's a brisk, misty night at the gala. Street lights reflect eerily off the blacktop as puddles ripple playfully with the occasional rain drop. An old gentleman pulls up to the entrance in a black limo that seemingly never ends. In the back is precious cargo: Tom Fiddler. Holding his cap onto his head with one hand, black overcoat trailing behind him, the old man rushes to the back of the limo, dodging puddles along the way. "Mr. Fiddler.", he greets me, swinging the door open. The cool, noir atmosphere of my limo gives way to bustling crowds and bright lights in what could've been paired with big band jazz had this been a movie. I can almost hear the brass swell in my head.

All around me are guests and fans awaiting the SHLs best and brightest. I am also present. It's my first time at the gala, but I play it cool, or so I hope. Not many stops for me along the carpet, a fan here, a question there. Things like "Who are you wearing?" and "Who are you?". Making my way inside, i find a group of familiar faces talking on the opposite side of an impressively large lobby. It's the gang, the crew, the motherfuckers themselves: Team Kraken. Fitted, Gold, Lane, Bobby, Weston, Rykov, Bauer rookies turned leadership. Other kraken were about, shaking hands and chatting up their respective SHL teams. After chatting for awhile, we point out that this is an SHL event and we ought to be spending time with our respective teams. There would be time during the season to hang out, we might as well make the best of it.

Saying goodbyes, though not forever, I depart towards my table with the Buffalo Stampede. Not to be one inured with making social bonds quickly, I keep to myself and enjoy the conversation around me as it slowly erupts into shouting and camaraderie. I join in when able, but am happy to keep quiet.

The next hour is a blur of good food, strong drinks, and loud cheers and jeers. The music plays, a speech is given, applause is received, repeat. Occasionally one of use turns to the wait staff to order another drink or to give a plate away. Finally the speeches end and the music plays, initially from the orchestra but that eventually stops in favor of a DJ, who plays music we can really dance to. Good thing we've been drinking.

Not one for dancing myself, but intoxicated nonetheless, I make my way out to the dance floor. There's really no wrong way to dance and it's pretty clear that none of us should pursue a career in it. After a solid workout, I head out towards the bar to quench a thirst. This is, unfortunately, the last thing I remember. Tales would be told of loud conversations, good food, and better drink. Fitted notably took his shirt off. A solid gala, all things told. Perhaps not as formal as the SHL would've liked, but we do like to rowdy.

A bunch of words

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 11:44 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

10-01-2019, 08:49 AMcpetrella Wrote: C: As the night turns into morning and the drinks have been flowing, things start to get a bit unruly. Describe what's happening by the end of the night, once the older folks have gone home and the true party animals are in charge.

Here in the Simulation Hockey League, we party hard and we party all night. As the party goes on and on into the early hours of the morning, some of us get a little more intoxicated than others. 4 men, once all teammates reunite for one last hurrah when the night turns to morning to fuck shit up for the good times. The “Goon Squad” comprised of Teddy Cuddles, Tor Tuck, DeMaricus Smyth, and Ensio Kalju, all S45 Challenge Cup Champions with the Edmonton Blizzard all get drunk out of the minds and start taking out fellow guests at the party. They go to the Calgary Dragons Table and- WHATS THIS?? TOR TUCK DROPPING THE FLYING ELBOW ON MIKE IZZY? OH MY GOD I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!! An all out brawn ensues between the drunken goon squad an the angry Dragons. Not being able to feel pain, the Goon Squad emerged victorious as they had 5 seasons ago in the playoffs.

[Image: Knr6pVr.png]

Note: yes #A-RYE Izzy did smash that Smirnoff bottle over tors head causing slight abrasions to the cranium. rash and irritation to the skin could follow. the tyke clearly has his dads zest towards vigor!... but for the record #A-RYE was punished... No more drinking for him on the weekends.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Code:
A: Many of the notable retired players from SHL lore are in attendance at the event. What legend from the SHL past are you seeking out at the event and what will you talk about with them? Describe who you're looking for and how you go about meeting them.
I would be seeking out Jasper Clayton, the highest TPE non-active player and the highest TPE defenseman of all time. Clayton is only 10 shy of the all time record and was the epitome of hard work and success. I would love to talk to Clayton about how they got so much TPE, as I need a way to get as much as possible, more than I'm already on pace to get. I would simply ask around, someone would have seen Clayton since Clayton is so noticeable and recognizable; perhaps I would even spot Clayton, I would recognize him on sight. After we discuss the grind, it would also be cool to talk about what it was like to play in the old SHL and how times have changed since them. I enjoy a good historical lesson and would love to hear about what it was like to play with some of my childhood heroes firsthand.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Quote:A: Many of the notable retired players from SHL lore are in attendance at the event. What legend from the SHL past are you seeking out at the event and what will you talk about with them? Describe who you're looking for and how you go about meeting them.

Rafe Ulrich is going to be attending the Season 50 anniversary gala and cannot wait to meet up with Wolfpack legend Raven Silverwing. Silverwing's shot was deadly and is second in all time goals on the wolfpack stat list. Rafe wants to meet and shake hands with Raven and talk about how he can perfect his shot to be like the shot that Silverwing had back in the day.

Rafe will open the conversation by offering a drink to Raven and compliment him on the stunning tux he will no doubt be wearing. Then he will slowly bring up the shooting topic and get all the tips he can get. Hopefully being able to recreate the magic Raven once made on the ice and chase the record Silverwing has.

Ulrich is actually also look forward to meeting Nathan Russell who was arguable the best power forard ever in the league. Ulrich wants to learn how to hit like Russell did and share tips.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

At the gala I notice several retired greats: Lord Pretty Flako, Chris McZehrl, and none other than Andrew Joycon. For those who don’t know, Joycon is one of the greatest retired players of all time. He created and accidentally had 10 extra tpe in his build. This gave him abilities that could only be explained as “god-like”. He was walking around with his date Aleister Cain. I was eager to ask him as many questions as possible about his rise to glory, his advanced defensive skills, and his opinion on being snubbed from HoF contention. This is a very important topic to me and I feel that he would be the best to answer these questions. I notice he is standing by the salad bar and he notices me at the rosé bar and that is when we knew we would last forever. I walk over to Joycon and he walks over to me, abandoning Cain. We hold hands and transfer our thoughts telepathically and I learn the knowledge of the cosmos. Is this what the lady saw in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? I am shot back into reality and im standing there with smoke coming out of my ears. I gather my thoughts and thank Andrew and he walks away. I am alone once again…

@SlashACM

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]