Create Account

S50 Slow Jams, Sim 1: Ouch SFP Edition

Now that I am not updating anymore I am looking to get back into writing media before my bank account starts drying up.  I figure if I start slowly now I don't have to go crazy when I go broke.  I have no idea how often I will do these, but if work keeps being slow as hell like this I may end up doing a ton.

Today was a two game sim day for the New Orleans Specters, both games coming against the San Francisco Pride.  Unfortunately for the Specters, they dropped to 0-2 on the season with a pair of regulation losses: losing 4-2 and 3-2.

Game One Overall Slow Jam: "Un-Break My Heart" by Toni Braxton

An ode to SimonT:
"Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused"

So this first game was a brutal first loss for New Orleans, as what seems to be the trend over the last few seasons held true here: the Specters completely outshoot the opposition but still manage to find a way to lose the game.  Going into the third period, the Pride had scored 3 goals on 10 total shots.  They definitely turned it up in the third period from a shot standpoint, posting nearly double their shot output from the first two periods.  The Pride were able to put the game out of reach late in the third period, thanks to a timely power play goal from Leopold Lockhart, and their shot onslaught in the third was successful.

Hey Yoshimitsu McCloud, chill out man!
"Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain
Come back and bring back my smile
Come and take these tears away"

With the game already decided after the Lockhart power play dagger, most fans had already started to head for their cars with less than a minute left in the game.  Unfortunately, Pride player Yoshimitsu McCloud had plans other than a peaceful wind down of the game.

19:10 of 3rd period - Yoshimitsu McCloud and Piotr Czerkawski fight to a draw.
19:10 of 3rd period - Penalty to Yoshimitsu McCloud for Fighting.
19:10 of 3rd period - Penalty to Piotr Czerkawski for Fighting.
19:10 of 3rd period - Penalty to Yoshimitsu McCloud for instigated a fight.
19:10 of 3rd period - Yoshimitsu McCloud is ejected from game.

How are you going to pick a fight in the last minute of the game and not even win it?!  Even though McCloud did not beat up Piotr Czerkawski, just the act itself left me in pain.  And in the rain.  Can't we all just get along?

Opposition Player(s) Slow Jam: "All My Life" by KC and JoJo

"And all my life I've prayed for someone like you
And I thank God that I, that I finally found you
All my life I've prayed for someone like you
And I hope that you feel the same way too
Yes, I pray that you do love me too"

Is this the season that the chemistry off ice makes its way onto the ice for Leo Lockhart and Dom Montgomery?  While the happy couple sure is glad they found each other off the ice, I imagine they will be ecstatic with the love they find on the ice this season.  The first goal of the San Francisco Pride season was assisted by Lockhart only three minutes into the game, a nice start for the young defenseman in Season 50.  After the Specters tied the game up in the first period, the Pride struck again with another goal assisted by Lockhart.  And as mentioned previously, Leo was responsible for the fourth and final goal for San Francisco, lifting his point total to 3 in his first game of the season.  Impressive!  And Dominic did what any good significant other would do, he let Leo shine!  Dom saw Leo putting up points, and he did not want to detract from that brilliant performance, so he focused on defense instead of offense.  When Leo took a penalty early in the first period, Dom was right there to take a penalty as well so the negative energy wasn't focused merely on Leo's transgression.  You love to see it.  Sloth loves love!

Game Two Overall Slow Jam: "Another Sad Love Song" by Toni Braxton

Damn it SFP
"It's just another sad love song
Rackin' my brain like crazy
Guess I'm all torn up
Be it fast or slow
It doesn't let go
Or shake me
And it's all because of you"

So I did not intend to do two Toni songs, but with back to back losses to the Pride I figured it was appropriate to choose this song.  Once again the unsettling trend continues: overall New Orleans outshoots their opponents (holding the Pride to only 13 total shots in the first couple of periods), only to be outshot in the third period resulting in a loss.  This was a closer game, a 3-2 final score, with the Pride breaking the tie in the third period after two goals from yours truly in the second period tied the game at 2.  The Specters have to hope that the abundance of shots translates to goals for them moving forward or else I am going to be posting a lot of sad slow jams.

Dominic, It Is Your Turn To Chill
"Guess I'm all torn up
Be it fast or slow
It doesn't let go
Or shake me
And it's all because of you"

For the second game in a row, the Pride's Dominic Montgomery found himself in the penalty box, this time for a hyper aggressive roughing call.  Dom is out there trying to tear the New Orleans players up and shake them up so they can't score.  What did we ever do to you Mr. Montgomery?!  Not only that, but Dom got on the scoresheet in the first period, assisting on the Pride's second goal of that frame (don't worry, Leo followed Dom's lead from last game and let him have the point glory).  So Montgomery was intent on hurting me in every way possible.  You don't love to see that.

Reaper Spoils the Fun
"Only takes a beat
And then it starts killin' me darlin'
Only takes one note, I tell ya,
From that radio
It's just
Another
Lonely
Love Song"

Despite the team's overall faltering, I personally have had a decent amount of success in the point department.  Whether it is due to actual skill on my part, or just playing on the first line and the power play, I do lead the Specters with 3 points in 2 games (2 goals and an assist).  I scored both goals in the second period of this second game and I was feeling pretty damn good about myself with the score tied.  And the Vin appeared.  I heard the sound of his skate blades, haunting me like a song from a middle school mixtape given by a crush that was then seen kissing Billy over by the handball walls (but I digress).  Wait... it can't be.... Oh no.  Vince Reaper scores his second goal of the year to put the Pride up 3-2, and that is all that the Pride would need to put New Orleans away.  It only took one beat, one note.  One goal.  The saddest of trumpets can be heard on Bourbon Street.  The Specters are 0-2.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

we clapped yo cheeks boy
better watch out cause we comin for the west

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

10-03-2019, 06:39 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: we clapped yo cheeks boy
better watch out cause we comin for the west

pride pride pride pride pride

also @Thunfish what a fight!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Yoshimitsu is a boss

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

also this is fucking amazing @slothfacekilla

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Ilike

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

10-03-2019, 08:48 PMGrapehead Wrote: also this is fucking amazing @slothfacekilla

Someone called me out before for not having actual slow jams in my media when I use the title, so I’ve been wanting to try this haha.

I’m looking forward to doing more of this for my own amusement so I’m happy to hear someone else enjoyed it Cheers

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

We love to see it.

Also, sorry, Dom will never have chill.

Can you do this for every game so I care more? Tysm.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

On my defence, I was just showing him some skills. Granted, I'm a fighter by trade, but still.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR