Create Account

S50 WFT #1 - Out on a Limb

Quote:Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

This is definitely the easiest one to rebuke. Izzy is the best player in the league, and there's no way the man retires on top of his game. I believe he still has a few more seasons in him.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

10-04-2019, 01:28 PMCFJ Wrote:
Code:
Blastmeaway - Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs

This is definitely not happening, with the core group veteran group that StadiumGambler assembled although it may jeopardize their future they will pull through and make the playoffs. I don't think StadiumGambler is looking that nothing more a Challenge Cup this season with the moves he made in the off-season.

I won't deny StadiumGambler assembled a good group of veterans in the offseason, but you never know what can happen in the future. Their top line and a few other players are getting up there in age, and 50 games a season is a long time for the old men. They could easily fall down the stairs to the arena, break a few bones and then Winnipeg will crumble and miss the playoffs.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

@Ace you fool, you baboon, you absolute troglodyte! Michael Izzy is a god amongst men and is immortal! The man will never die and will never retire. Izzy will play until the end of time

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Blastmeaway - Manhattan will win the President's Trophy

Manhattan has a good roster and they battled with NEW and CGY last season right until the end for the President's Trophy, but I think they will fall short again. I think this season it will be NEW that will win the President's Trophy even though they have lost some depth and activity lately.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Quote:Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

I think this prediction is wrong just because I don't think it's possible to hit these kinds of numbers right now, and if it were to happen than Carter isn't the first player that would come to mind for me who will do it. BUT I will counter your bold Cameron Carter prediction with my own: This will be the season that Carter finally gets his Dar nomination that he has been waiting for for so long!

10-04-2019, 11:22 AMImASurvivor Wrote: Nothing about this LA Panthers team screams playoffs to me, let's analyze. Sure their team is young and getting better, and one would only assume that they would improve on last season's performance because of this, but I don't think they are quite there yet. In regards to forwards, they only have 2 top-3 forwards (1300+ TPE) in Mauldin and Winter, 2 top-6 forwards(1000-1300 TPE) in Fujikawa and Cannellini, and then only 3 top-9 forwards (700-1000 TPE) in Forsberg, Clijsters, and Morgan. This reveals 2 gaping holes in their forward core that should result in below-average offensive production relative to the rest of the league. Meanwhile, their defensive core does not make up for what's lacking on offense. With just 1 top-2 defenseman in Toner, and then the rest of the top-6 filled with top-6 talent, there just isn't enough quality there to keep shots away from what is the worst goaltending duo in the league. Both their starter and backup find themselves in the fourth tier of TPE, Evgueni has 645 and Booth has 533, so with the number of shots that are set to attack these two backup level goaltenders, the Panthers are screwed. On paper, this team looks to be heading to another top-5 first-round selection, but with SimonT, anything can happen.

Actually that goaltending duo is one of the hottest tandems in the league and any team would be happy to have them in their pipes. LA could easily knock off the Pride as San Fran barely has a fanbase to help support them in their quest for the postseason.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Quote:Old Man Izzy - Winnipeg will surge in the regular season and StadiumGambler will win Coach of the Year

I don't buy it. The Jets have only two forwards--Commander Shepard and Nick Brain--actively updating and not retiring/in regression. This team has a weird mix of players, and while I believe SG has gotten more negative attention than he deserves, I don't think this is WIN's year. They may plod along to a wild card spot, but I don't think the roster is well equipped to keep up in the West.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Inf1d3l - Minnesota will make the Western Conference Finals

Lmao what a laughable prediction. This is a team that has Gibbles on it, who was only able to succeed in the SMJHL cause he had Westbroek passing him the puck. Then Seger is just dragging them down. They won't even make the playoffs.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Code:

There is no way this is going to happen. Izzy is a prolific producer in the SHL and is always a top fantasy pick. His regression won't see him dipping into washed up tpe counts anytime soon. Look for him to keep doing his things for a while longer.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

Code:

No chance Izzy retires already. He's put too much time and effort into his player and is still currently at 1650+ TPE. He'll get to around 1750 and be able to fight off regression for at least a couple more seasons. Also, Calgary thinks they are contenders so he isn't leaving them now.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019, 02:44 PM by ej27.)

Code:

No way Izzy is retiring any time soon. He's gonna follow in the footsteps of the Dragons fearless leader Esa and play way past his prime. My bold prediction is that Izzy doesn't retire until he's dropped back down to juniors TPE levels.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Quote:Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

I don't think this is going to be the case. Right now, if you take a look at how things are playing out this season, there's a few ways this could go. 23 in 4 games is the biggest we currently got. I mean, if we're going for the stretch - yes, there's going to be some that are competing. The start of the season some things are always a little cooky though and I'd imagine we'll see a bit of a slow down. The Q wasn't if someone will do it though. The Q was will Cameron Carter 2 get the job done? Right now he has 14 in 4. If he's thinking about this record being the one he wants to beat, he's going to have to turn it up a little bit. 14 though 4 isn't bad at all. It's actually really good. But if he's gonna go for that, we need to see at least 1 more hit per game on average to start lighting the flame under this story.

The end.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

10-04-2019, 02:04 PMReynolds Wrote:
10-04-2019, 11:22 AMImASurvivor Wrote: Nothing about this LA Panthers team screams playoffs to me, let's analyze. Sure their team is young and getting better, and one would only assume that they would improve on last season's performance because of this, but I don't think they are quite there yet. In regards to forwards, they only have 2 top-3 forwards (1300+ TPE) in Mauldin and Winter, 2 top-6 forwards(1000-1300 TPE) in Fujikawa and Cannellini, and then only 3 top-9 forwards (700-1000 TPE) in Forsberg, Clijsters, and Morgan. This reveals 2 gaping holes in their forward core that should result in below-average offensive production relative to the rest of the league. Meanwhile, their defensive core does not make up for what's lacking on offense. With just 1 top-2 defenseman in Toner, and then the rest of the top-6 filled with top-6 talent, there just isn't enough quality there to keep shots away from what is the worst goaltending duo in the league. Both their starter and backup find themselves in the fourth tier of TPE, Evgueni has 645 and Booth has 533, so with the number of shots that are set to attack these two backup level goaltenders, the Panthers are screwed. On paper, this team looks to be heading to another top-5 first-round selection, but with SimonT, anything can happen.

Actually that goaltending duo is one of the hottest tandems in the league and any team would be happy to have them in their pipes. LA could easily knock off the Pride as San Fran barely has a fanbase to help support them in their quest for the postseason.

Could you elaborate on why a team would be drooling to have two goalies who as a tandem have less TPE than 6 goalies in the entire league? Obviously not everything is about TPE and I am sure many teams would love to have Knox Booth as their backup, but he is the starter and I am suggesting that he needed a couple more seasons behind a more developed goaltender before taking over the starting role.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

Code:

Mike Izzy still has one of the highest TPE counts in the league despite being in regression and plays on a potential cup contender, it would make no sense to retire unless he wanted a change of scenery which it seems like he doesn't want or have time for since he's been scaling back his jobs on the site recently.

Code:
Inf1d3l - Minnesota will make the Western Conference Finals

While the Chiefs have quietly become decent lately, it's unrealistic to expect them to make the conference finals, in fact I'd even say it's unlikely that they end up in the playoffs. They're in the most difficult division in the league with Winnipeg, Edmonton and Calgary all more than capable of being Challenge Cup contenders and facing those teams more often than not should mean that they'll have a much more difficult regular season. Good team for the future but for now it's wild to think that they can go that far.

Code:
Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

Last season was a fluke for both LAP and SFP, the Pride had an off season and the Panthers took advantage but it isn't even close between the two of them at full strength. SFP has the better goalie, the far better defense and LAP's only superior forward line is their first line. The Pride are a team who can challenge for the Cup at full strength whereas LAP's current ceiling is probably scraping into a wild card spot.

10-04-2019, 01:05 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote: Guy Zheng and Perry Morgan will win the Stevens and Biscuit awards, respectively, in a NEW sweep

The Wolfpack has been trash to start the season. Like dumpster fire bad. If guy and Perry want to win awards, it’s going to take the entire team to turn things around as they can only do so much.

I'm gonna be @hotdog's white knight on this one and say that team performance doesn't really mean much in terms of individual awards, in fact in recent seasons it's been players on worse performing teams who tend to perform well and win awards. Additionally, I'm on the awards committee and like @Flareon and according to @gordieboom that's the only necessary criteria for winning an award.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I know most people have used this one but I really can't see this happening.  Izzy is still on top of his game and definitely has a few seasons left in the tank.  The only way this happens is if Izzy see's how many people think this won't happen and wants to prove us all wrong!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada