Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

A lot of the youngins never heard of the classic hockey movie Slap Shot. But even less saw that movie in the Qc version. It's something I believe all hockey fans should experience in their life.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

For the Kelowna Knights, any knight related movie would do. I would pick Monty Python and the Holy Grail, because it's a classic and never gets old.

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 07:56 PM by Leppish.)

10-13-2019, 01:10 PMBadWolf Wrote:
10-13-2019, 12:59 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote: Sign me up

Yaassss! Alright! We have at least 2 people that’ll show up. On the bright side, we can have it in eastern time zone if leppy doesn’t come :stitch:

I'd never miss a movie night! Or week.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

We are watching Miracle cause it's the best hockey movie there is, and it shows who is best (America) and it will help motivate the team to do better. Again.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

I would choose the Matrix, one of my personal favorites and a movie I have rewatched many many times. It’s a sci fi Classic that really makes you question reality, something that made me start researching the simulation hypothesis. The plot is absolutely brilliant, and an experience I want to share with as many people as possible. Anyone who hasn’t seen it is missing out. It may not directly pertain to hockey, but hockey players appreciate a good, intelligent action tale. Good fight scenes, good villains, the whole nine yards. Besides, it has Keanu Reeves in it, how could anyone not like it? Keanu is an internet legend after all, a film with him in it is bound to be a hit. I assume many players have already seen the Matrix and like it, it’s quite popular and iconic, so I think there would be more enthusiasts even before the movie than just me. I think it would really help our team bond, and getting fired up about a great film would help us to train and play better. New England needs a positive push in the right direction right now, and that’s exactly what the Matrix can offer. Just the first movie though, not the whole trilogy, the whole trilogy would be too long and the first film is the good movie anyways.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

With everyone saying "Miracle" in this thread, I feel obligated to say I would encourage viewing "Of Miracles and Men," the ESPN 30 for 30 featuring the Soviet team from those Olympics and their perspective.

Buuuuuut I'm probably just gonna say "Rush" instead because race cars.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

10-13-2019, 06:33 PMMuerto Wrote: Goku breaks out a classic comedy as Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail is on the schedule!

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"
"'Tis only a flesh wound!"
"We are the Knights who say Ni!"
"What is the air-speed velocity of a European swallow!"

Ah so many classic scenes and lines, and a movie that holds up brilliantly even over the years!

this is 100% Anastasia's pick for the Tampa Bay locker room as well. it was a favorite in the O'Koivu household growing up due to her mother, and she is looking forward to the opportunity of watching her teammates' reactions as she quotes along with the movie.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 08:49 PM by Bonk.)

The movie I would have to play would actually be a double feature and it would have to be The Godfather and The Godfather 2 for the simple fact that @JKortesi81 has not seen them. There's no way I can negotiate a contract with someone so detached from the history of Cinema.

P.S. There is no way I am going to subject my teammates to "Youngblood" for cheesey bonus from PT department. I have too much respect for them.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

I'd have to go with a classic and start with D2, the second Mighty Ducks movie. It teaches you all about the important countries in hockey, and to not be fancy on a penalty shot

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

10-13-2019, 07:56 PMLeppish Wrote:
10-13-2019, 01:10 PMBadWolf Wrote: Yaassss! Alright! We have at least 2 people that’ll show up. On the bright side, we can have it in eastern time zone if leppy doesn’t come :stitch:

I'd never miss a movie night! Or week.

Alright but your outvoted on time zone! Lol

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

10-13-2019, 07:43 PMgaby Wrote: A lot of the youngins never heard of the classic hockey movie Slap Shot. But even less saw that movie in the Qc version. It's something I believe all hockey fans should experience in their life.

Okay hmm so that’s 2 votes for slap shot

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Jay Reeves loves all kinds of movies from action, comedy and even romance. Fuck musicals though.. No but if he had to choose any movie it would definitely be either Bohemian Rhapsody or the new Joker. That shit was lit
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 09:55 PM by Rankle.)

I suggest that we watch The Dark Knight. It's one of Ronlain's favorite movies, a modern day classic. It's just a good movie to watch with your boys and I think a lot of the people on the Crows would enjoy it.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

If I got to select a movie for movie night, it would be The Sandlot for one reason, and one reason alone: Looking at @Leppish and saying, "You're killing me, smalls."

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland