Create Account

S50 PT#2 - Phobias

Darnell Johnson has a fear of swimming on the surface of open water. Swimming in a pool? Fine. Diving/snorkeling in open water? Fine. But swimming on the open water? Treading water without a clue of what's beneath you? Bobbing there like a seal ready to get blasted from below by a Great White shark, an apex predator with a hundred million years of evolutionary head start designed specifically to torpedo up from below at speeds approaching 60+ miles per hour? No thanks. Darnell's fear of the open water probably stems from that time he stole the movie Open Water out of his parent's dvd case when he was a kid and watched a bunch of people get eaten by sharks in a "found footage" style movie (Interestingly that movie was re-released in theaters on his 11th birthday). Lucky for Darnell, he's pretty in control over whether or not he gets to interact with this particular phobia.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

François' biggest fear, even on top of needles, is objects too close to his eyes. The fear originated in 2nd grade, when one of his classmates was a little too eager about the planned field trip and was throwing her arms around excitedly. The teacher told everyone to head back to their chairs, and as she ran past François' desk, the paper that she was flinging around came up and gave his eye a papercut. The pain was excruciating, and he spent the rest of the day in the nurses office, with a damp cloth over his eye. As François grew up, he eventually started to need glasses, and the appointments haunted him every time. Once he reached an age where chirps became frequent, he decided he had enough of his sports glasses and opted for contacts. It took him 4 appointments to finally brave his phobia, with him blacking out during the first 3, he finally managed. To this day, contacts are the only thing that he's willing to let near his eyes, and he still has trouble with those.

[Image: a7leg1V.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019, 12:08 AM by Zach.)

Anthony Archer has developed a fear of having hits reversed on him. Archer has became well known for his physical and throwing the body around sort of play style as he develops through juniors, however after his appearance in the Four Star Cup finals against the Vancouver Whalers, Anthony Archer went full stride for a hit into along the boards that was reversed onto him. Ever since that day, Anthony has thought twice about the targets he places hits on, and lies awake at night as he replays the sequence of events through his head, followed by the loud cheers of the Vancouver fans. The roaring "ooooh"s of the crowd echo through his mind as he tries to fall asleep at night, hoping tonight he won't have another nightmare about trying to throw hits in the SHL and constantly being reversed on. Anthony Archer would later go on to see a therapist.

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]

Alexei suffers from acute cases of Wiccaphobia and Alektorophobia two very different fears but oddly enough both are connected for Alexei. One can easily blame his mother Sophia for this phobia for when Alexei was a young child and would misbehave his mother would threaten to leave him outside for Baba Yaga to capture him. She made it quite clear if he didn’t finish chores or do his homework before he went out to play hockey that the old crone would capture the young boy and eat him alive and that he could not outrun the old woman as her house on chicken legs would outrun the boy and leave him to die tired. Now poor Alexei feels the need to pommel any old woman that gets too close and has been known to abstain from chicken occasionally before games in some tongue in cheek hope of not angering the old woman.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Harry Carpet's biggest fear is speaking in front of large audiences or just public speaking in general (apparently the medical term is Glossophobia). It already started back when he was still in school. He never liked giving presentations in front of his class and often came up with all kinds of odd reasons not to do it. This usually ended in him getting the least popular topic to present, because all the volunteers in his class picked the interesting ones and that didn't help the situation at all. None of the teachers understood his problem however and they always encouraged him to just prepare himself a little better and that he would eventually get over it with more practice. Unfortunately things didn’t improve and Harry was extremely happy to end up with a career that involved mostly just playing hockey. Even though being selected as co-captain for his SHL team made him nervous, he knew that there were other ways to lead a team besides giving big speeches and simply talking in the locker room has luckily never affected him much.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Jax Duggan's biggest fear is a weird one. The technical term for it is Arachibutyrophobia. Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth. Its not for any horriffic backstory where his best friend died of a peanut butter related fatality or something, its just the feeling of having it stuck. Its a pain in the ass to try and get a large amount of peanut butter unstuck using just your tongue, and its not socially acceptable to just be fishing around in there with a finger. He does have a phobia with an actual backstory aswell. Duggan's dad, when he was young, wasnt the smartest, and as such always showed Jax horror movies. as such he now also has Kinemortophobia, the fear of zombies. I would love to say its because of day of the dead or something like that, but no, the movie that sparked all of this was the comedy horror, shaun of the dead.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PBE PT

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

10-06-2019, 11:33 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
[Image: YUUyPUa.png]

i bet u dont fear manly bugs fuckin sexist shakin my h

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019, 08:30 AM by BadWolf.)

Code:
Tell us about your player's main phobia - what are they most afraid of in the world? Where does this fear come from? Was there a traumatic experience? Have they always been afraid of it? How does your player go about avoiding this source or handling this phobia in day-to-day life? Maybe tell us about a specific instance in which your player was forced to confront this phobia head-on - how did they fare?

Last night I had the weirdest dream - no, nightmare! The SHL shut its doors due to a lockout and it was looking grim for reopening. This would mean I would have to do my physical training on Tuesday morning instead on Monday morning! How did they figure out my biggest phobia? Is this all a ploy to get me to preform worse this week and lose that game on Monday evening?? These are the questions I ask myself! Luckily this phobia isn't crippling but it surly is on my mind. Now Tuesday feels like Monday! my whole week is going to be ruined! This is surely a new experience as the training facility has always been open on Mondays. I'm going to solve this fear by training elsewhere! okay no, I lie, I enjoy this place too much. 
But on a serious note - Special thanks to Teddy and everyone on his team (sorry I don't actually know who it is) for being diligent and working hard on keeping this site running. <3

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Aleister Cain has a big fear of spiders. As Halloween season rolls around, he is getting a little tense as people take out their decorations including lots of spidery things. He can appreciate what they do for us as humans by eating pesky flies and potentially harmful mosquitoes, he just would prefer they do it out of sight and out of mind. Something about those creepy legs, the way they move, and those large dumpers (woof) just makes him shiver and get very nervous. He's man enough to kill spiders in his room, but he has to psych himself up and count to ten before finding the courage. If he sees one outside, he'll let it live (because nature is their house) but he will just avoid looking/going to that area and/or thinking about it. Luckily no SHL or SMJHL teams are named the spiders... yet.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

[Image: YOGYfmb.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Alex Mack is only scared of one thing and that’s commitment, but it’s necessary for you to understand that it’s not all commitments it’s only commitments to relationships. When I was a young lad my father told me “Don’t hitch your cart to a bum donkey” and I never really understood what he meant until I was older and started dating. Woman have always tried to tie me down, hold me to these monogamous impossible relationships expecting me to be at their family dinners every Sunday… not happening. Metaphorically I now understand what my dad meant but hitching my cart to a bum donkey, the donkey being a domestic animal that lives by routine and carries the weight of family and career commitments. Such commitments can leave someone feeling suffocated. I had a similar situation with a girl I was seeing routinely she started claiming we were engaged to her friends and family and then she started expecting me to fulfill normal boyfriend type tasks and responsibilities, I broke loose of that as soon as I could. My cart shall never be hitched… thanks Dad.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

Skao Anazibf is a rational man and isn't afraid of most common things. The supernatural can be explained away, and he actually thinks spiders are pretty cool. There is however one thing that he fears, and shakes him to his core, making him question his ability to function, not only as a hockey player, but in his day to day life. The Hallsy Speedo Pic. The image haunts his nightmares and intrudes his thoughts, bringing him to his knees emotionally at the very mention of it. The image is considered friendly and fun in the Hamilton LR, but the eyes of hallsy haunt Anazibf as they stare into his soul and tear his sanity apart thread by thread. Skao doesn't tend to talk about it too much, but he's been quoted as saying the image "would be banned in his hometown" and is a "harbinger of the end of the earth".

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Luke Thomason since they are a little kid, had a big fear of diving. Every time he enters the water he fears of diving into the water. Luke Thomason likes to instead be on top of the water, like an Otter. Luke Thomason doesn’t like to go on the high dive because of his fear of the dive. Even on the ice he hates to dive. Luke Thomason isn’t a person for the theatrics, and he hates the dive. Any penalty that says that Luke Thomason dives, is fake news because Luke Thomason has the worst fear of the dive. When he was a little kid, he used to love being in the ocean when he goes to France or it at when he sees the water. In Czechia luckily, there isn’t a ton of pools to dive in, but when Luke Thomason was in Vancouver where there is a lot of water, Luke Thomason has to stay away from the high dive or diving from the water. It may be weird fear, but that’s Luke Thomason fear.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]