Create Account

S50 PT#2 - Phobias

Piotr’s phobia is goals. He hates them. He has never been able to stand seeing them happen on either end of the ice. In a perfect world, there wouldn’t be any. He feels no need to score any, and neither should his opponents. They should be content hitting and punching one another. The idea of accidently scoring one while aiming for defenders gives him chills. It’s gotten so bad that he has just stopped trying to shoot the puck at people, instead looking to just dump it in and hit the opposition. His teammates have tried to help by not scoring many themselves, but it seems they just can’t help it. This has lead Piotr to try to be off the ice as much as possible, and the only safe way to do that is to be in the penalty box. His coach can send him back on the ice if hes on the bench, but not on that nice cozy, warm penalty box with his best friends. It’s the only place that coach cant torment him.

[Image: horvat3.png]

Sasha Dangelchek does not like spiders. Why in the world does any insect need eight legs? Why should they be able to walk on walls and ceilings? Why do they have so many eyes?  Eight-legged, multi-eyed, wall-walking insects should not be endowed with venom. Not all spiders have venom, but enough do. Sasha sees venom everywhere.

Sasha Dangelchek does not like spiders. When he was a young lad back in Czechia, he rose late one night to use the restroom. As he stumbled in, half asleep, he flipped the light on. When he looked down into the toilet, there was a spider floating there as big as his hand. If he had been there earlier, that monster would have come down directly on his head. This has haunted him ever since.

Sasha Dangelchek does not like spiders.  The worst part is, spiders are unavoidable. They are almost literally everywhere. All that Sasha can do when he sees one is back away in horror, potentially screaming if startled. Spiders could quite literally be the spawn of Satan; we have no idea. Charlotte's Web was a propaganda piece. Tarantulas suck.

Sasha Dangelchek does not like spiders.

195 words

[Image: danglechek.png]

I think it is fairly obvious what Jon Forty-One's fear is when you have known him for a little bit of time. That fear is not amounting to anything in simple terms. Ever since the draft when he got shafted by General Managers lying to him he has had a major issue with them and sworn revenge against this. I think deep down the fear would be that he just cannot accomplish his goal of helping a team and finding a home (Which he hopes he has in Minnesota) or just making sure that he can do his cult proud.

Jon has easily taken a lot more pain that most people would in a whole career within the Simulation Hockey League but even he still has a fear or them being correct about not being worth the pick.

So far Jon has started his revenge list off very well removing the Jets and making them regret not picking him and so too the New England Wolfpack if they were on it. He is also pretty much in the top 10 of his draft proving he should have been a 1st round pick and if he continues he will surely prove people wrong.

[203 words)

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

[Image: QJDgxVR.jpg]

Olivier likes to think of himself as a pretty fearless person - his favourite genre of movie is horror, after all - but there is one thing that always gets to him no matter how much he wishes it wouldn't: thunderstorms. Ever since he was a little kid, the first crack of thunder he hears has sent him diving for the closest blanket to wrap up in when he's at home, and he absolutely hates to be outside if it's raining in case it turns into a real storm. Thankfully this isn't something he has to deal with terribly often, but living in Tampa isn't exactly rainstorm-free, and he has definitely run into bad travel days where he had to go get on a plane even though it was storming. He usually combats his fear by putting on music and/or focusing on something else, like reading a book, watching a movie, or talking to someone.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Growing up in Japan, Akira Ren had a very weird phobia. After moving from his hometown of Shibuya at a young age to a remove village, Ren quickly developed a fear of the Kuebiko (or in English, the scarecrow). In Japan the Kuebiko is often worshiped as a god of agriculture and wisdom. However, Ren considers them to be demons who are lying dormant biding their time until they can finally take over the world from humans. The villagers suspect that this phobia developed when Ren was lost in the fields late one cold and windy night during a full moon and was frightened senseless by the rustling of the Kuebiko. Perhaps he was also playing too much Shin Megami Tensei. No one truly knows but Ren is adamant in his belief that the Kuebiko are alive and evil. As he grew older, he managed to avoid scarecrows by moving back to the city, that was until he moved to play hockey in the SMJHL and found out there was a team called the St. Louis Scarecrows. While Ren is usually a competent defender, he is unable to play defense against the Scarecrows (as evidenced by the fact Mika Kadinsky kept scoring on him). Hopefully for the sake of the Lethbridge Lions he can learn to conquer his phobia.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Roman Augustus does not have many fears but the few he does have are pretty large ones. I think by far my biggest fear is heights. Anything to do with being more than about 20 feet in the air or on something and I start to feel dizzy and sick. The higher I go the worse it is. I do not know where it began but it has been my main fear for as long as I can remember. I think the biggest problem stemming from it though definitely has to be the team flights. It can be a real pain for me with all the flying we have to do but I endure it for game, also the money does not hurt either. The other biggest fear of mine that began after my SHL career is terrible smells. It can get pretty gnarly in the locker room after a game and some of the smells we players emit could be considered a violation of war crimes in some countries. I definitely know this one started from Calgary though and having to have my locker pretty close to Esa's really did a number on my nostrils on those game nights following his chicken parm meals.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

7'0" 350 pound Esa Parmborg is not really scared of anything, sometimes vegetarian restaurants, but otherwise not much makes him tremble. However, there is one thing that he has a major phobia of and that is Bats. Those disgusting winged rats scare the living shit out of him, especially those giant fruit bats that look like real life vampires. He just can't handle it. This all stems from a bad experience with bats at a young age. When Esa Parmborg was about 12 he had a giant afro, like a real legit curly afro that stood up a good 6-8 inches off the top of his head. One evening he was in a field near lake playing with friends and it was just getting dark, there were a bunch of bats flying around and swooping down close to them to eat the hatching insects that came off the lake at night. One of the bats swooped down close to Esa's afro and a claw or wing tip got caught in his hair and the bat was on his head! He freaked out and ripped it out losing a few hairs in the process as well. He then had to go to the hospital and get rabies shots and anyone that has gotten a rabies shot before knows the amount of shots they give you goes by weight. A young Esa weighed 200 pounds at the time so they stuck him like 4-5 times. He did not get rabies and obviously survived but overall it was a terrible experience having a bat stuck to his head and he has been scared of them ever since.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Karlstraße isn't afraid of too many things. Sure the odd spider, snake or spooky story may give him a bit of a fright, but it passes pretty quickly. One thing however that continues to creep him out is birds. Not any birds specifically, but all birds. When asked about this he kept his answer brief essentially commenting on the randomness and quickness of their movements. You honestly have no clue what a bird is going to do. Will it jump towards you, will it fly up in to your face, or will is just rapidly spin in a circle and do stupid things. Asking where this fear originated from Karlstraße brought up a traumatic childhood experience where he left the house to go for a bike ride only to find a bird stuck in the frame with it's next twisted. dead, it was still twitching so certainly quite recent. Some pretty fucked up stuff indeed mr. scholz.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 10:34 AM by dmills3.)

Miller's biggest phobia is being on the ice as the same time as Gabriel Johnson ( @Gwdjohnson ). As I'm sure many other players on Hamilton can attest to, being on the ice with Gabe is absolutely terrifying as he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. Scientifically, this is called Phallophobia, which is the fear of penises. And as i'm sure many people already know, Gabe's nickname is penis. So we have penis phobia. An example of how this phobia formed was when I was in Vancouver playing against Gabe. He looked completely lost. It was so easy to just skate around him and get a shot on net. Our gameplan against Anchorage was always just attack Gabe Johnson. Then, it was just making fun of him and glad we got to play against him. Then, Hamilton drafted him 2nd overall and everyone was just terrified of playing with him. This season, Gabe is up with the big boys and, let me tell you, he looks even more lost than in the SMJHL! Let me put this phobia into perspective for you: imagine playing hockey with Jack Johnson, except Jack is (somehow) 10x worse. That's what it's like playing with Gabe, and that's how my phallophobia started.

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

PBE PT

PBE let me talk about Chicago

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

You know how hockey players normally dislike having wet gear because it's not exactly the most amazing feeling you can have? Well that's not what Andrej is thinking, considering he suffers from Xerophobia, or the unnatural fear of dryness. Whatever it is, water, Gatorade, pickle juice or just ice, he just has to have something wet in his gloves before he puts them on, otherwise he wouldn't be even able to play the game. This problem somewhat solves itself during the game, but to open up with it, he needs a little bit of help to feel comfortable with himself. As he describes it himself, something feeling dry has him expecting it to hurt him or to irritate his skin, while wet things are nice, enjoyable and are definitely not going to hurt his delicate hands that he can do exactly nothing with anyway. There is the downside of your entire team thinking you are a nut job, but phobias are just like that, extremely illogical.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

It's major Peewee road trip weekend. 12 year old Ian Venables is standing by the car with his hockey bag, desperate to get to the rink on time to catch the team bus. He huffs and puffs while his parents go over the list of equipment and clothes (they say the hotel has a pool!) he has to bring. He takes this time to think about the epic game of hallway ministicks that would begin as soon as they checked in that evening. Finally, Mom and Dad seem satisfied that he'd agreed to remembering to pack his hockey pants enough times and they set off to the rink.
The next day, the team sluggishly got to the rink in the neighboring town. 8am start time against their fiercest rivals. Young Venables cracks open his hockey bag, and begins the laborious process of pulling on his cold equipment. Before long, he's reaching in to grab his skates and dreading having to do up the straps on his pads. After the first pass, he doesn't find them. But a goalie bag is big, and he had too many practice jerseys balled up in the corner. Better separate those, surely his skates are in there somewhere.
Soon, his entire hockey bag is strewn all over the dressing room floor. No skates. He must have forgotten them at home.
There's no time to go back and get them, the game starts in 30 minutes.

Phobia is a strong word, but there must be a reason that even to this day, Ian Venables lays out all his gear next to the team bus before setting off on a road trip. I wonder what the reason is.

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

My real fear, which does not have a formal name, is of the stock image at the top of the PT. The bad acting of the poor-man's Liam McPoyle, dressed in his split pocket flapped chambre shirt, sends shivers down my spine. it requires all of my attention and i am terrified of the internal reaction that my body and brain have had.

My only real fear is a strange combination of lutraphobia and chronophobia. It's not exactly the fear of otters and the fear of time, but a specific combination. I'm afraid of a specific otter hitting regression. When this happens, it will signal the end of cow days (hay days?), and the decline of my skill and talent as a simulated hockey cow.

I combat this by grinding my udder off, season after season, so that when regression hits i will have enough talent stored up that i will still have a few useful seasons before my aged body is sent to the slaughterhouse.

This fear was born when my childhood barn was haunted by the time weasel, which im sure other people have seen in their nightmares as well. The time weasel would torment my dreams, and then i would wake up, but all of the clocks in the house would be wrong and there would be some time left on the microwave. truly haunting.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History